Operations Director
Staff Member
Aug 6, 2010
USA
Release date: February 25, 2019
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £24.99

11995437-1564632619645899.jpg

11995437-1484632619720473.jpg 11995437-1464632621106068.jpg 11995437-2584632620989059.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like universal provided wrong info on the Blu-ray disc having the new remaster
BD forum review say's it's the same 2011 20th anniversary Blu-ray disc with the USA release

Only the 4K UHD has a new remaster going by BD site

Reactions: DMD4k
What gets me about this is that if they were just going to slap a grainy still from the film onto the steelbook, couldn't they have done that 5 years ago when this was first rumoured to be getting a release?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------then -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- and now:-
1546828096202.png
/
1546823391563.png
/
1546823467208.png

Don't know if I'm seeing things but spotted some fakery in the steelbook front image compared to the film image ^ - in relation to three of the characters on the left of red coat girl and the three same characters differently posed that have been added to the right of the girl:-
1546828939139.png

The famous red coat only shown in defining scenes such as ...
1546827326872.png

... and:-
DO NOT OPEN IF NEW TO THE FILM
1546827706685.png

At other times the coat is B&W:-
1546827392234.png

As for the steelbook: at least the front is different to other releases.

Interesting that Spielberg (reportedly) requested this image - an image which refers directly to the book on which the film is based - although in the book the girl survived - as well as to a true event in which the girl's fate is uncertain presumed deceased:-
Book
"The child in red compels Schindler's attention, and his mistress Ingrid comments that the child must be female, because little girls get obsessed by color, especially a bright shade of red like that. In the beginning the SS guard corrects her drift and nudges her back into line. Schindler can not see why he does not bludgeon her with his rifle butt, since at the other end of Krakusa Street mercy has been cancelled."

Real life
"In the PBS documentary, The Trial of Adolf Eichmann, the actual story is told by Assistant Prosecutor, later Supreme Court Judge, Gavriel Bach in an interview which appears in the program. When asked if there was any moment in the trial that affected him more than any other, this is the moment he describes - He was questioning Dr. Martin Földi, a survivor of Auschwitz, about the selection process at the train station in the shadows of the infamous "Arbeit Macht Frei" sign at Auschwitz. Földi described how he and a son went to the right while a daughter and his wife went to the left. His little daughter wore the red coat. When an SS officer sent the son to join the mother and daughter, Földi describes his panic. How would the boy, only twelve, find them among the thousands of people there? But then he realized the red coat would be like a beacon for the boy to join his mother and sister.He then ends his testimony with the chilling phrase, "I never saw them again".

Last edited:
Reactions: robbodoc
EDIT: Concerning the booklet, I may be missing something (because I may not be informed enough). Are there two different editions of this steel? Is there a separate thread for the one including the booklet, poster, and art cards? It's called online exclusive; that's the one they linked me in e-mail, and the one I ordered.

Zavvi - 10% Discount

1) Put the item in your basket
2) Click this link HERE
3) Input this code: WELCOME346

Thanks! You just saved me Ł7.5! :thumbs::giggle:

EDIT: Concerning the booklet, I may be missing something (because I may not be informed enough). Are there two different editions of this steel? Is there a separate thread for the one including the booklet, poster, and art cards? It's called online exclusive; that's the one they linked me in e-mail, and the one I ordered.

Steelbook does not list includes a booklet

The email zavvi sent you was for the limited edition amaray release with booklet and poster that was previously a hmv exclusive
That's not a steelbook

EverythingBlu are doing a limited edition blupack with steelbook and that has the poster artcards and more included
A thread for that release is listed in steelbook thread

Last edited:

@GoDo

Thank you both. I just reordered the Pinocchio Mondo X steelbook with the discount.

Steelbook does not list includes a booklet

Yep. I realized that. However...

The email zavvi sent you was for the limited edition amaray release with booklet and poster that was previously a hmv exclusive
That's not a steelbook

...that's what I was afraid of. (n) The thing is, it features photos of steelbook, so naturally, I went for it. Check it out:

Online Exclusive

Should I cancel my pre-order now?

EverythingBlu are doing a limited edition blupack with steelbook and that has the poster artcards and more included
A thread for that release is listed in steelbook thread

Seen it! Too bad it's loaded with too much paper. (n) As usual, I call Manta to the rescue.

Pretty certain that is not a steelbook. It may have a slip, which makes it look square, but as far as I know, the Bonus Edition refers to the amaray. It looks the same as the one on the HMV site, which is amaray.

When you look at the other 2 images in the Zavvi listing it appears to be using the steelbook images, especially the third image.
But I'm not saying it's a steelbook. I'm just saying it's a bad choice of images.

• Thanks
Reactions: PracticingPat
@Stygian 3rd and 4th images look like amaray on the standard bonus edition. Going off Zavvi's recent price structure, I can't see it being a steelbook unless they added at least £5 to the standard steel price. But yeah, nowhere does it say steelbook, or listed in the steel section so safe to say it isn't

• Thanks
Reactions: Stygian
3rd and 4th? I only see one image currently. Obviously they're updating it. Last night there were definitely steelbook images included in that particular listing, and that's why I feel for it. Shame I can't prove it now, of course I took no screencaps. But yeah, it was too good to be true.

That booklet isn't something special, but I still need it with the steel because I'll be selling my digibook. Everythingblu is the way to go then, but will keep it sealed until I see what will Manta come up with. (If they come up with anything.)

• Thanks
Reactions: Stygian
3rd and 4th? I only see one image currently. Obviously they're updating it. Last night there were definitely steelbook images included in that particular listing, and that's why I feel for it. Shame I can't prove it now, of course I took no screencaps. But yeah, it was too good to be true.

That booklet isn't something special, but I still need it with the steel because I'll be selling my digibook. Everythingblu is the way to go then, but will keep it sealed until I see what will Manta come up with. (If they come up with anything.)

Yes the other images of the steelbook are gone now. They must have been made aware of their mistake and corrected it.
@davhyl

They were. An agent just told me that on their live chat. I couldn't cancel it manually (for whatever reason) so I asked for assistance. But yeah, it was an error on their site. I knew I wasn't going crazy.

• Haha
Reactions: davhyl and Stygian