Scream Factory Steelbooks - Yes or No?

Would you like to see Scream Factory release their own steelbooks?

• Yes

Votes: 90 85.7%
  • No

Votes: 15 14.3%

• Total voters
Dec 18, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Ladies and gentlemen, Scream Factory is running a poll on their Facebook page, asking if there is interest in creating limited-edition Steelbook editions of their past releases. Check it out!

Just to make sure people "like" the right post... go to this post here and like either the comment saying "YES" or the comment saying "NO". :thumbs:

*Our poll isn't anything official, but the results will be passed on to Scream Factory.

Attachments

• SF.jpg
    SF.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 244
Last edited by a moderator:
Here are more covers used by Shout! Factory/Scream Factory, imagine them on a steelbook, keep them yes votes going Ninjas. ;) Keep voting on the Scream Factory Facebook poll too if possible, I know some of us do not have a Facebook. :thumbs:

73170_front.jpg 61776_front.jpg 69511_front.jpg 61746_front.jpg 57581_front.jpg 1099121_front.jpg 9441_front.jpg 72799_front.jpg 79566_front.jpg 8890_front.jpg

100% yes! They commission some of the best art for their releases, usually toss in cool posters for early orders and provide really great bonus material. They're the only amaray's I buy due to that. I generally I have no use for a cheap plastic shell with a movie I can download, what I like about steels is there's a nice, tactile and long lasting feel to them. This would really elevate Scream/Shout Factory to the next level for me.

The yes vote is coming along nicely, thanks HD-Ninjas, we were informed by Noodles earlier Scream Factory are watching this thread. :thumbs:

My other thought is about some of the double set movies Scream Factory have released and are releasing, they could be released on a steelbook individually for the stronger movies but I know Scream Factory will be busy with the more popular previous releases. So just a thought somewhere down the road, if this all takes off.

Scream Factory said they are going to work on past releases but here are upcoming movies from Shout! Factory/Scream Factory.

escape-from-new-york-collectors-edition-bluray.jpg 1096101_front.jpg class-of-1984-collectors-edition-bluray.jpg 122264_front.jpg 123941_front.jpg 90487_front.jpg invaders-from-mars-bluray.jpg 115801_front.jpg 42174_front.jpg 645331_front.jpg

Last edited:
Having looked at their website to find out what films they have released, I decided to vote yes. There are some classics in there that I would not hesitate to buy. Mad Max, Death Race 2000 and Escape from New York would almost certainly find their way into my collection, and I have to say I LOVE Tank Girl. Maybe not their artwork of the yellow cover with Petty's face in blue, but if they made a steelbook with the comic book artwork I would be all over that.

Having looked at their website to find out what films they have released, I decided to vote yes. There are some classics in there that I would not hesitate to buy. Mad Max, Death Race 2000 and Escape from New York would almost certainly find their way into my collection, and I have to say I LOVE Tank Girl. Maybe not their artwork of the yellow cover with Petty's face in blue, but if they made a steelbook with the comic book artwork I would be all over that.

With their movies they include a reversible cover, so you can pick which one you like in the plastic keep cases, I'm not sure what the other side of Tank Girl looks like but I also do not like the yellow one they display when you buy it.

Reactions: TheJoker
Hmmm... I voted yes, but they should consider releasing empty steels as well since some of us don't like throwing money away :p

With their movies they include a reversible cover, so you can pick which one you like in the plastic keep cases, I'm not sure what the other side of Tank Girl looks like but I also do not like the yellow one they display when you buy it.

Didn't realize Tank Girl was a Shout Factory title. I pulled my copy and the reversable cover is basically this cover
tank_girl_ver1.jpg
I think the Yellow one would make a better steelbook. Hope they make some of these.