Se7en (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Manta Lab Exclusive No. 14) [Hong Kong]

dchamp444

Dark Knight Blufans GB Survivor
Premium Supporter
Jul 7, 2016
Canada
Release date: September 20, 2019
Purchase links: Full Slip - Single Lenti - Double Lenti - One Click (Pre-order at 8 PM, AUGUST 9, HKT, UTC+8 - check your local time here)
Price: $39.99 (Full Slip - Single Lenti - Double Lenti) - $129.97 (One Click)
Group buys: hosted by Aniv Double Lenticular - Lenticular - Full Slip One Click

67330683_2390913651018729_2251826811849670656_n.jpg 67172965_2390914047685356_1055194261135294464_n.jpg 67536233_2390913877685373_3873303586020524032_n.jpg64288873_2390913857685375_8308806489733070848_n.jpg

steelbook_v2_d819af93-8489-4141-a8c7-7dfb1fbb1209.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The spacey subject is a tough one for me because I genuinely love most his films. I still watch se7en, American beauty, usual suspects etc he’s great in them all

Tough one

I'd go the way @C.C. 95 wrote.

If one starts to boycott movies for one reason, it never ends, or music. And it's kinda giving in - letting the bad guy win. If they are cast in great films I'm not gonna pass on those films, but boo on those aholes.

Once, on very other forum saw debate, certain person refused to watch any more Robert de Niro movies (old or new) because he had strong opinions of certain president. LOL.

If one boycotts Spacey films, why not those produced by Weinstein(s) ?

If one starts to boycott movies for one reason, it never ends, or music. And it's kinda giving in - letting the bad guy win. If they are cast in great films I'm not gonna pass on those films, but boo on those aholes.

Once, on very other forum saw debate, certain person refused to watch any more Robert de Niro movies (old or new) because he had strong opinions of certain president. LOL.

OMG the last season of House of Cards without Spacey was just Trash :vomit:

I really just do a simple organic test:
I'll watch the movie.
If it's good enough that I stop thinking of the personal life, and shenanigans of an actor - then, fine.
If I can't - so be it.
But I will never NOT try to watch, just because X is in it.
Personally - I miss the days when we knew nothing about actor's personal lives. (And it actually worked better for THEM too, to be an enigma).

FYI I wasn’t actually asking about se7en

We was talking about another release, and all I said was I’m looking forward to seeing how it turns out but I understand with the length of time it’s taken and the way they studio have said no to previous attempts of art work that it might not impress everyone or be anything “new” to some.

And I got that back

• Thanks
Reactions: DMD4k
So maybe a mix of previously seen art with a couple of surprises here and there. It could still shine in terms of finish, image chosen for the lenti/s, the depth of it, embossing, etc.

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
I'm struggling to think what artworks they have that could cover front, back and inside of a steelbook, front and back of 3 different slips and a one click box? :confused:Especially if it's just stuff supplied by the studio.

There was never a whole lot of artwork before. The old DVD/blu ray designs were mostly black or red with just the title.

I'm struggling to think what artworks they have that could cover front, back and inside of a steelbook, front and back of 3 different slips and a one click box? :confused:Especially if it's just stuff supplied by the studio.

There was never a whole lot of artwork before. The old DVD/blu ray designs were mostly black or red with just the title.

I reakon it will be like fight club where they got to change a few design aspects on art. Plus the single lenti and back art of fight club was like a still from the film. But it worked well

The full slip and steel art was previous posters but changed the colour layout (made the steel look like a plain archive steel) and the back of the full slip art I think was the artist who made the cool birdman, lost in translation, drive etc art

And then got experimental with the double lenti and one click box

I think this could be similar. One click box is the parcel box from the final scene. Possibly some kind of file or notebook slip detailing the sins or somthing for a slip. A bit like with kimchi’s spotlight with the envelope etc

Just a thought

Oh and inside art will most likely be a scene. In the rain lol

Last edited:

The 1/4 slip says hold my beer ;)

• Thanks
Reactions: BluSteel2012