BANNED
Premium Supporter
Nov 26, 2017
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Shadow

Tagline: The Battlefield in Ink

Genre: Action, Drama

Director: Zhang Yimou

Cast: Deng Chao, Sun Li, Ryan Zheng Kai, Guan Xiao Tong, Wang Qian-Yuan, Hu Jun, Wang Jingchun, Leo Wu

Release: 2018-09-30

Runtime: 116

Plot: About a king who attempts to lead his displaced people out of exile, and those who play a role in his mysterious plans.

Director: Yimou Zhang
Writers: Wei Li (screenplay), Yimou Zhang (screenplay)
Stars: Chao Deng, Li Sun, Ryan Zheng
Plot : Set during China's Three Kingdom's era (AD 220-280). The story of a great king and his people, who will be expelled from their homeland and will aspire to claim it. The king, violent and ambitious, of mysterious methods and motives; his general, a visionary who yearns to win the final battle but needs to prepare his plans in secret; the women of the palace, who struggle to find redemption in a world where they have no place; and a commoner called "Lord of all the world", will be the characters around who turn the inexorable forces of this story

View attachment 423097

MV5BMmZhZjhkZGQtYzZkNi00NTFmLWE0ZTYtMDc0NTk4NzUyMjE3XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMzY0MTE3NzU@._V1_SX1777_CR...jpg
MV5BOWY1YmIxNTAtZmNlNS00YzM1LTg0MmMtYjMzMzkzNzYxNmM5XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMzY0MTE3NzU@._V1_SY1000_CR...jpg
MV5BZDYwMDFmZWEtODk2ZC00OTcxLTkzZjktYzdlMjdiMTE2NDY5XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMzY0MTE3NzU@._V1_SX1777_CR...jpg

Maybe finally something along the lines of Hero and House of the Flying Daggers ? I do hope so !!!!

• Thanks
Reactions: vexred
Maybe finally something along the lines of Hero and House of the Flying Daggers ? I do hope so !!!!
Really hope this is good. Looks promising.

I've seen this and it's different to what you've seen from Hero and Flying Daggers.
While Zhang Yimou's previous two were quite colourful, Shadow is almost monotone style and muted colours.
But the style adds to the mood and makes for some excellent cinematography.
The dialogue and character interaction plays quite heavily throughout the movie while action is lesser part.
It's more like a Chinese Shakespearean play.
Though different to what you may have seen (or expected) this is still a very good movie.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database