Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Flloydo

That's not a skirt girl, that's a sawn off shotgun
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Jun 4, 2013
Ur mum
Release date: November 15, 2021
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order on October 28 , at 12 AM for Red Carpet, at 9 AM general sale - UK time)
Price: £32.99

2BF8E330-76F6-4E5F-8CF7-C98383B9F3C9.jpeg

398B43F8-D007-41B3-BAAC-6B88D1B0DE62.jpeg BD0A70FC-37C3-4B97-9CCA-01F5B7B01E18.jpeg 227F611F-BC1E-40A3-8510-642D228F9D67.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: paulboland
Im not usually one for streaming over discs, particularly when it's compressed rather than my NAS. I am however now sorely temped not to care about owning new MCU 4K discs, given that D+ has both IMAX enhanced with dolby vision and atmos.

It genuinely does look jaw dropping, especially IW and EG. Yes the atmos is lossy, but i think the imax/dv visuals trump Disney discs on these new mcu flicks enough that tangible differences in the compressed atmos sound fidelity is a worthy trade off.

I mean it won't stop me buying a weet wea (of course) but I also don't care as much that smlife slips aren't 4K (as I probs won't watch the disc anyway). So I may pass on this steel and just grab the smlife one (if the slip is nice) or just wait for weet.

Im not usually one for streaming over discs, particularly when it's compressed rather than my NAS. I am however now sorely temped not to care about owning new MCU 4K discs, given that D+ has both IMAX enhanced with dolby vision and atmos.

It genuinely does look jaw dropping, especially IW and EG. Yes the atmos is lossy, but i think the imax/dv visuals trump Disney discs on these new mcu flicks enough that tangible differences in the compressed atmos sound fidelity is a worthy trade off.

I mean it won't stop me buying a weet wea (of course) but I also don't care as much that smlife slips aren't 4K (as I probs won't watch the disc anyway). So I may pass on this steel and just grab the smlife one (if the slip is nice) or just wait for weet.
I'm not too sure how other MCU UHD discs are apart from a big improvement on Guardians, but I've seen screens for this with the 1080p BD upscaled to 2160p and compared with the UHD disc and the difference is negligable. Only improvement is the HDR. I'm not sure if Disney are purposely making the UHD disc look shite to push streaming, or what.

If you can get over the blocking and banding of the Disney+ IMAX (or run it through a program that filters it) then yeah, the streamed versions are the way to go, I think until Disney stop half-arsing the UHD discs.

I'm not too sure how other MCU UHD discs are apart from a big improvement on Guardians, but I've seen screens for this with the 1080p BD upscaled to 2160p and compared with the UHD disc and the difference is negligable. Only improvement is the HDR. I'm not sure if Disney are purposely making the UHD disc look shite to push streaming, or what.

If you can get over the blocking and banding of the Disney+ IMAX (or run it through a program that filters it) then yeah, the streamed versions are the way to go, I think until Disney stop half-arsing the UHD discs.
The banding and compression artifacts and banding (if watched natively via the app) aren't ideal, I'll give you that, and generally I wouldn't class D+ as a quality streamer. However, these imax enhanced mcu films are impressive none the less.

With the expanded ratio and DV, it genuinely does make a difference imo and isn't purely a gimmick. Plus most of the discs themselves aren't exactly jawdropping anyway, which makes the D+ choice all the more appealing now with imax.

Photos are up in the Australian thread and it looks great! Best Buy should be the same.

Mostly glossy on the front with debossed title. Debossed rings on the back.

Photos are up in the Australian thread and it looks great! Best Buy should be the same.

Mostly glossy on the front with debossed title. Debossed rings on the back.
You sure the rings are debossed on the back? Looks like they're judt spot gloss to me

They are just spot glossed (in the pics). I think Stygian went on autopilot from mentioning the debossed title
Agreed. Unlikely it would've happened with them being so close to the edges, but would've been another nice touch. Looks pretty great regardless.

Reactions: Flloydo