Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: June 5, 2023
Purchase link: HMV
Price: £29.99

Shazam! Fury of the Gods Front.jpg

Shazam Fury of Gods.jpg Shazam! Fury of the Gods open.jpg Shazam! Fury of the Gods inside.jpg

Last edited:
Can you confirm or not whether this steelbook edition is embossed? The edges have the box look like it will be embossed
No, not yet. It probably wont be though. Pretty much all of WB UK mockups have had that border over the last few years, and none of them have been embossed. So don't expect it to be.

• Informative
Reactions: JRodDirector
Thought the film was a lot better than the first one, would pick up a premium release if one is ever released

I know the Shazam movies have not turned out to be box office hits by any stretch but I truly think they will be somewhat cult hits that will find their audience down the line for the simple fact that they are unique superhero movies in the sense that they are “kid-based” and family-oriented with a smaller scale.

Shazam was a bit too kid centered for my tastes. Saying that, it was a better film than both BOP and WW84 that followed on from it. This one looks to have a wider scope, and less kid centered plot, so hopefully it'll be more up my street.

Shazam was a bit too kid centered for my tastes. Saying that, it was a better film than both BOP and WW84 that followed on from it. This one looks to have a wider scope, and less kid centered plot, so hopefully it'll be more up my street.
Personally loved the first one. It kinda reminded me of Big, but with a superhero. This one, was a letdown, but I could tell from the trailer that it wasn’t going to be as good. It has it’s moments, but not close to the first one. If I get it on disk, it’ll be just for the art.

Personally loved the first one. It kinda reminded me of Big, but with a superhero.
That's fair enough, personal preference. That's exactly what I didn't like about it though. It felt too warm and fluffy for a DC film to me. I get they don't all have to be BvS dark, but it was just too tween for my tastes.