Shrek - 20th Anniversary Edition (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

tommyh84

Not Mine
Premium Supporter
Apr 28, 2011
Release date: July 12, 2021
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order on May 15, at 12 PM for Red Carpet, at 6 PM general sale - UK time)
Price: £25.99
Notes: 4K + BD + BD Bonus

45E2BDEE-AE7E-4715-83FC-BDF2BB9ABD84.jpeg
71D957B9-3B08-4D31-81EB-B2F7F5579CE5.jpeg
8794E46A-DDF0-45D4-BD16-54FFA1E7F5B1.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
as with a lot of releases recently, artwork is good but is it so hard to just....

Come Here Champions League GIF by Liverpool FC
This has become a big pet peeve of mine as well... especially when there's plenty of empty space where a title could easily fit, so it just looks like they purposely left it out :squint:

Reactions: davhyl
This has become a big pet peeve of mine as well... especially when there's plenty of empty space where a title could easily fit, so it just looks like they purposely left it out :squint:
Yeah, no doubt they'll add a title to another release 6 months down the line. Only minor advantage of no title is that you can put all of the other movies discs in the one steelbook, but saying that, I'd still do that if it had just Shrek on the front like I did with John Wick.

Reactions: Noodles
Yeah, no doubt they'll add a title to another release 6 months down the line. Only minor advantage of no title is that you can put all of the other movies discs in the one steelbook, but saying that, I'd still do that if it had just Shrek on the front like I did with John Wick.
Do you change the plastic insert to do that then? I already have the box set containing all the Shrek films anyway, so will pass on this.

Do you change the plastic insert to do that then? I already have the box set containing all the Shrek films anyway, so will pass on this.
I sold my premiums and got the best buy one here which has 4 disc slots (JW1&2, UHD and BD) then bought the single UHD off ebay for JW3 and sold the JW1&2 BDs, so I have a spare slot for JW4 UHD :)

This is what has ruined so many releases lately

Great art...but then there's this "gap" where the title could fit

Either that or the back art ends up being so different it's like totally mismatched.

If they put the title on the front people would have just complained that "20th Anniversary Edition" was on there as well.

Really surprised this art is different from the U.S. art. Could it be due to the fact that this is being distributed by Warner Brothers in the UK when it was a Universal Pictures release in the U.S.?

On that note, I wonder if Zavvi has stopped carrying Warner Brothers exclusive SteelBooks for Warner Brothers releases.
I haven't seen any releases from them for WW84, Godzilla vs. Kong or Snyder's Justice League.

Reactions: Shark
The person who decided title-less Steelbooks should be a thing deserves to be killed.
I disagree. Title-less spines, yes. But the front artwork should be good enough that you don’t have to have a title to know what it is.

Reactions: Flloydo
I prefer titles on the front of SteelBooks but if the art is good enough to not have it then I’m not bothered. However, spine titles are a must imo.

Reactions: dfoles