Shrek - 20th Anniversary Edition (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

tommyh84

Not Mine
Premium Supporter
Apr 28, 2011
Release date: July 12, 2021
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order on May 15, at 12 PM for Red Carpet, at 6 PM general sale - UK time)
Price: £25.99
Notes: 4K + BD + BD Bonus

45E2BDEE-AE7E-4715-83FC-BDF2BB9ABD84.jpeg
71D957B9-3B08-4D31-81EB-B2F7F5579CE5.jpeg
8794E46A-DDF0-45D4-BD16-54FFA1E7F5B1.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
I think BB is better than this one.
I think this art is better than BBY, but the Zavvi price is a bit much and i assume they’d charge $5 for shipping too, so probably not…besides, I’m not sure I want to mess with them after the Solo fiasco, but I like this…and I don’t care about the title, because TBH if you don’t know what it is from looking at the front, then you’re probably blind.

This art is miles better than the US version. I’m actually shocked at how nice it is. Love that back art too.

I'm only interested in the first 2 films. Can’t stand the rest but I hope we get the second with matching/ similar art.

It's fine... I just can't help but see the front as a bunch of character promo images all floating on top of each other slapped onto a background with a clone stamped paper texture on top.
As for the back it's nice but way too overexposed and oversaturated. Bit of a shame, but good enough reasons to save my money, and I don't really need Shrek in 4K anyways :cautious:

Reactions: RavenGunner
Hadn't either bothered to look at the US one until now as I assumed it had the exact same art. I think combining the two would look better though... US as front art and UK as back art. That said, neither look terrible as they are tbf.

Hadn't either bothered to look at the US one until now as I assumed it had the exact same art. I think combining the two would look better though... US as front art and UK as back art. That said, neither look terrible as they are tbf.

At least you get the outside of the US version on the inside of the U.K. version lol

Reactions: Noodles
Lol yeah, but I prefer the US interior. Think that art looks weird on the back of the UK one... doesn't flow with the front at all.

I just can’t stand the US art. Far too childish for me. Looks Like stickers. This one is so much better. I don’t care about the flow If it’s separate art. As long as the front and back have cool art. I only worry about the flow when it’s wrap around art

I think both steels look lovely and about time we had a SHREK Blu-ray steelbook without a fully printed back after the freak 2014 release (a fully printed back in 2014 = extra-ordinary)
1621073774660.png

There was the glossy embossed DVD steelbook back in 2007 which had a very forward-thinking data card stuck to the back with minimal text actually on the steel
1621074651545.png

Marginally prefer the US release
1621074340138.png

but would have rated the UK (etc.) steel more highly if the back art was contained within a similar outline to the front art
1621075673518.png
1621075748483.png
1621075514633.png
1621075887945.png

BTW pre-order today at 6PM

• Informative
Reactions: milky
Ordered, I tried different codes, but couldnt get any to work
Discount codes are for in stock items only as per zavvi terms and conditions

Sometimes you can get lucky and use a red carpet discount code on pre orders before the listed live time
Zavvi have to manually disable discount codes on pre order order listings this happens usually before or just after going live

This went live before 12 PM for red carpet subscribers
If you wanted to try code you would have needed to try before 12 PM

• Informative
Reactions: dfoles
Does anyone know if this includes the bonus disc that comes with the US release?

If they put the title on the front people would have just complained that "20th Anniversary Edition" was on there as well.

Really surprised this art is different from the U.S. art. Could it be due to the fact that this is being distributed by Warner Brothers in the UK when it was a Universal Pictures release in the U.S.?

On that note, I wonder if Zavvi has stopped carrying Warner Brothers exclusive SteelBooks for Warner Brothers releases.
I haven't seen any releases from them for WW84, Godzilla vs. Kong or Snyder's Justice League.
Hey there. Thought I would answer your question as I work at Universal. There was not enough demand across all territories for an international run of the US steelbook so we just did our own thing in the UK. Hope you like it. Nothing to do with Warners, we do our own UK steels often and did before the Warner deal

Hey there. Thought I would answer your question as I work at Universal. There was not enough demand across all territories for an international run of the US steelbook so we just did our own thing in the UK. Hope you like it. Nothing to do with Warners, we do our own UK steels often and did before the Warner deal

Good to know. However, now we know you’re an insider at universal and that can of worms has been opened, prepare for savage backlash when a steel has sh!t art or a poor finish. ;)

Always cool to hear insider info and how certain decisions are made etc., so many thanks for sharing with us. :)

Discount codes are for in stock items only as per zavvi terms and conditions

Sometimes you can get lucky and use a red carpet discount code on pre orders before the listed live time
Zavvi have to manually disable discount codes on pre order order listings this happens usually before or just after going live

This went live before 12 PM for red carpet subscribers
If you wanted to try code you would have needed to try before 12 PM
I know, but sometimes we get lucky and they slack with the removal of codes ;)