Shrek - 20th Anniversary Edition (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

tommyh84

Not Mine
Premium Supporter
Apr 28, 2011
Release date: July 12, 2021
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order on May 15, at 12 PM for Red Carpet, at 6 PM general sale - UK time)
Price: £25.99
Notes: 4K + BD + BD Bonus

45E2BDEE-AE7E-4715-83FC-BDF2BB9ABD84.jpeg
71D957B9-3B08-4D31-81EB-B2F7F5579CE5.jpeg
8794E46A-DDF0-45D4-BD16-54FFA1E7F5B1.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Good to know. Cheers.

It’s a shame scanavo have so many rules and limits depending on region and print size. You’d think that when paying for these you can have what you want but that don’t seem to be the case. Most of us here know a lot about this anyway but it’s always good to have regular updates from other sides I suppose. I think there’s been a couple of witch SteelBooks (One in Canada too) but I meant the original zavvi version which I thought was only available in the U.K. I didn’t realise it was also available in Italy and Finland. Such a fantastic release

View attachment 506504
Love the artwork on that steel! I'm not even a big fan of the film, but I can't resist a nice steel. :D

Reactions: Flloydo
Smokey was one where we actually were able to change the artwork based on feedback, switching the front and back artwork and adding an emboss. Often when a print run is small we are limited by Scanavo to the finishes we can have - this often happens on UK only steelbooks like Lighthouse last year which was a significantly lower run to The Witch which was an international release
Hi,

I've just read your comments and they certainly shed some light on the process! Can I ask what determines when a film gets a steelbook edition? We've missed out on some Universal titles which had international releases (How to train your Dragon springs immediately to mind) that would be insta-buys fir me as a UK collector.

I'd also like to add my voice that a title on the front is preferable! Thanks again for taking the time to interact with us :)

Hi,

I've just read your comments and they certainly shed some light on the process! Can I ask what determines when a film gets a steelbook edition? We've missed out on some Universal titles which had international releases (How to train your Dragon springs immediately to mind) that would be insta-buys fir me as a UK collector.

I'd also like to add my voice that a title on the front is preferable! Thanks again for taking the time to interact with us :)
I assume you are referring to a 4K release of How to Train Your Dragon in steelbook, as we've had a standard blu-ray one:

Oh for Christ sake. This was screaming gloss. Honestly this is getting frustrating now... and boring

Reactions: JGCramp
Gloss and bossing are dead.

You should consider it a miracle anytime a SteelBook is released by a non-premium retailer if it has either one of those features.

My copy arrived yesterday and although it's another example of what could've been should've been - potentially one of the very best Disney steels with the characters in the foreground given the embossed treatment and in a glossy or gloss varnish finish - I'm a fan of the art so happy to have purchased this quality steelbook with not a trace of bare metal and no skimping on the paint

20210709_080940_resized.jpg

20210709_080959_resized.jpg

My copy arrived yesterday and although it's another example of what could've been should've been - potentially one of the very best Disney steels with the characters in the foreground given the embossed treatment and in a glossy or gloss varnish finish - I'm a fan of the art so happy to have purchased this quality steelbook with not a trace of bare metal and no skimping on the paint

View attachment 510796
View attachment 510797

Disney?

What Are You Doing Reaction GIF

Is there anywhere in the UK that consistently sells glossy steels?
I feel like it’s a lucky dip when we order them whether we get gloss or not. Plus it seems like they deliberately never list what the finish is as less people would order if it straight up said “matte finish”.
We’ve gone from £17 glossy steels a few years ago to £32 matte steels. And don’t tell me that extra £15 is for a 4K disc, not having that. My steelbook collecting bug is dying a death!

i judt got this and oh man what a disappointment this is and what a great steelbook could have been, that border was screaming for deboss and colors for gloss, oh well.........USA wins on this one for sure, even the old UK is way better even with the writing on the back lol

In total contrast to Disney - with literally dozens of steelbooks - out of 41 Dreamworks movies released to-date sadly less than 10 have received the steelbook treatment:-

1626351350402.png
1626351406308.png
1626351537557.png
1626351630165.png
1626352385091.png
1626351842360.png
1626351768467.png
1626352050655.png
1626352075189.png

Oh boy! Have I got good news for you coming later this year....