Silent Running - 50th Anniversary (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Deluxe Limited Edition) (Arrow Video) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Lenny Nero

Cossack
Premium Supporter
Oct 1, 2013
Release date: December 12, 2022
Purchase links: Steelbook Only - Deluxe Edition
Price: £29.99 (Steelbook) - £39.99 (Deluxe)

309569108_5905941196106492_1214902839939186596_n.jpg

=
Silect Running Slipbox.jpg
309983946_5905943996106212_1398866190470568813_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Note:

There is a separate USA release Exclusive to Arrow Video USA and Zavvi USA

USA release won't have BBFC age rating on packaging or discs and has a different release date

Zavvi USA is selling the USA release not UK

Reactions: C.C. 95
I prefer the rating logo mock-up that slides off, somebody posted haha.
UK release will have BBFC age rating logo on Slipbox and Discs

Age rating logo will be on Slipbox itself or be a removable Jcard

The USA release won't have BBFC age rating on Slipbox or discs

I’m surprised they didn’t put the same art on each of the postcards too. Nice movie with a modern message, but I found the main actor strangely hard to watch. Like, ugly. Plus it’s the 70s so it has the usual unpolished look where the actor is hairy and sweaty. Not nice when he is the sole actor carrying the film

It’s not a blind buy type of movie. If you haven’t seen it you should try to first. The film is special to those who love it, both heart breaking and heart warming at the same time. It makes you question if you could make that kind of
decision if forced to. Bruce is fantastic in this and the director proved yes he could produce a convincing Saturn even on a small budget. Kubrick must have had other reasons for the Jupiter / Saturn switch in 2001.

Old movie, repetitive artworks allaround, same steel art as the first steelbook, and they want 40 quid for this?
If you're prepared to pay an extra £10 for a slip, poster and a few cards, yes.

Otherwise, you do have the option of a steelbook only edition (which is what I have gone for).

I’m surprised they didn’t put the same art on each of the postcards too. Nice movie with a modern message, but I found the main actor strangely hard to watch. Like, ugly. Plus it’s the 70s so it has the usual unpolished look where the actor is hairy and sweaty. Not nice when he is the sole actor carrying the film

You're not going to like many 70's movies then. The decade of ugly clothes, hairstyles and, yes, people. Personally, I prefer unpolished. I hate when someone in a movie is just getting out of bed and they look like they just spent 4 hours at a beauty salon lol.

Note UK SteelBooks releases are not sold out

Zavvi has not yet got delivery of UK SteelBooks releases which is why the listing on Monday December 12th auto changed to sold out
Also why payment has not been taken yet for existing pre orders

If Zavvi get delivery at some stage this week listing will change to in stock buy now and payment for pre orders will start to be taken then

If there is going to be a UK release date change as in later than this week listing will then likely change back to a pre order

USA SteelBooks releases not affected that's in stock
Arrow USA are separate releases from Arrow UK

UK Amaray releases are in stock

Reactions: Doctor and Lutzo
Thanks. I was wondering given I haven't been charged yet for this.

In fact, when I saw that there was a new post in this thread this morning, I was hoping that it was people reporting that they had now been charged meaning that it was likely to be on its way in the next few days! It's the last pre-order I currently have in...

Also remember there are massive postal delays because of the strike so I wouldn't be surprised if there is not dispatch until after Christmas.
They have been sending some by Evri, though. Although obviously they are very busy as well, given the postal strikes and time of year. Also, Evri 'lost' the last one sent to me by Zavvi!

Anyway, I see that have been charged today, so perhaps it will be dispatched in the next couple of days after all. But that doesn't mean I'll necessarily receive it before Christmas, though!

They have been sending some by Evri, though. Although obviously they are very busy as well, given the postal strikes and time of year. Also, Evri 'lost' the last one sent to me by Zavvi!

Anyway, I see that have been charged today, so perhaps it will be dispatched in the next couple of days after all. But that doesn't mean I'll necessarily receive it before Christmas, though!
I checked my account and haven't been charged yet. Maybe tomorrow. Zero change of before Christmas. I've been doing ebay and doing emergency overnight delivery. Taking 3 days... Had to stop my ebays because of this crap...