Amazon.co.uk Exclusive Steelbook
Release date: February 18th, 2013
Price: £14.99
Pre-order: Amazon.co.uk

Confirmed region FREE by hdn members

Skyfall-2.jpg

Note-contains a NTSC DVD of the film

Former HMV exclusive:
***Several members have stated that per HMV, pre-orders have been cancelled.

Word of caution from an UK HDN Member about HMV (thanks VRob98)

HMV now in administration said:
People should just be aware of 2 things:
1) If you receive a damaged or faulty copy from now on, you will not receive a replacement or refund
2) If they charge your card and are then unable to fulfil your order, you will not be refunded.

The way a company operates whilst under administration is quite different to how it operates normally, and certain consumer rights are suspended. If anything goes wrong you would have to apply to the administrator or claim against your credit card issuer.

I'd encourage everyone who has orders in with HMV to consider the above, as I'd hate to see anyone here lose their money in all of this.

Attachments

• fM3rZ.jpg
    fM3rZ.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 607
  • 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 422
  • 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 397
Last edited by a moderator:
The offer isn't on the site now, so the expiry date is rather irrelevant. It also clearly said it was a one day offer. They should extend it due to site problems, but if they don't they're not obliged to give it to anyone that didn't order yesterday.

Message from HMV regarding the downtime + Skyfall offer...

hmv website issues - Skyfall offer - Friday 23 Nov

We would like to apologise to anyone who had issues accessing the hmv.com website yesterday evening. Unfortunately, as a result of high demand for our one day only Skyfall offer, our servers went down and prevented customers from visiting the site.

While hmv.com is now back up and running, we completely understand the disappointment of those who were unable to order items yesterday, especially those hoping to redeem the Skyfall offer. In light of this, we will be reinstating the Skyfall offer this (Monday 26th November) for those who missed out. We'll update you with more details closer to the time, and appreciate your patience.

Reactions: movieknight
HMV have just posted on Facebook that -
"we will be reinstating the Skyfall offer this (Monday 26th November) for those who missed out. We'll update you with more details closer to the time, and appreciate your patience."

Not to get the 20% code dude :D

The offer isn't on the site now, so the expiry date is rather irrelevant. It also clearly said it was a one day offer. They should extend it due to site problems, but if they don't they're not obliged to give it to anyone that didn't order yesterday.

As Ash said above... it was only available for one day (Friday), which is why people were panicking when the site went down. Thankfully HMV will be reinstating the offer this Monday due to the downtime, so I guess now it's more like a two day offer. :p

As Ash said above... it was only available for one day (Friday), which is why people were panicking when the site went down. Thankfully HMV will be reinstating the offer this Monday due to the downtime, so I guess now it's more like a two day offer. :p

Click through the banner
http://hmv.com/hmvweb/navigate.do?ctx=-1;12;-1;-1;-1&pPageID=5712&_tag.WT.ac=css_blurayh231112_skyfall

Where does it say you must order on the Friday for the code?

http://hmv.com/hmvweb/navigate.do?ctx=5712;12;-1;-1;-1&pPageID=5482

I grabbed it as soon as the skyfall offer was announced but I haven't had any emails about the 20 percent off!

Woah, you totally missed out, bro.

We've all been enjoying our 20% off! For a couple of hours it accidentally gave us all 50% off! They even found some old stock of Thor and Captain America. The codes even worked on play.com.

:naughty:

Reactions: Man of Steelbooks
i pre ordered as soon as i got the e-mail saying it was available, which i think was before the 20% off on next purchase came about, so a bit peeved if i dont get it

i pre ordered as soon as i got the e-mail saying it was available, which i think was before the 20% off on next purchase came about, so a bit peeved if i dont get it

Why should you not get the code? My understanding of the HMV pre-order email was that if you ordered on the Friday you will be entered into the Skyfall pirize draw.

I don't think anyone has had their code emails through yet bud. I've got a few orders in and nothing received from them yet, so don't worry

I expect they'll be sorting the site issues out first then playing a bit of catch up

When the offer was live (yesterday) it actually stated on the banner that is was for one day only. The banner doesn't mention the code at all now because Friday has obviously past, so they've just updated it.

Here's how it originally looked (minus the little pink box it had in the top corner saying is was for one day only)...

556878_10152272857555640_1274570861_n.jpg

And here's where they announced it on Facebook, which clearly says "If you pre-order Skyfall today you will get 20% off your next purchase"...

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152272857555640&set=a.270593000639.318519.212040515639&type=1

Last edited by a moderator:
That's fair enough Noodles. Good to get the offer at it was up on this site.

Still, my HMV links are still current untill updated. 20% code is still on offer when Skyfall is bought.

I pre ordered this but I think I missed out on the 20% it was like 1:00 in the morning the next day before I saw the email. So probs missed it by an hour.