Sleeping Beauty (Blu-ray Lenticular Slipcover) (Diamond Edition) (Best Buy Exclusive) [USA/Canada]

tridon

Est. 2011
Dec 5, 2011
Thunder Bay
RELEASE DATE: Oct. 07, 2014
ORDER: BestBuy.com / BestBuy.ca
Group buy: apsmith21

Only a tiny photo available at the moment...

SleepingBeauty.jpg

Last edited:
Picked this up today. Very glad an alternative to the regular edition was offered. On a side note, I remember going to pick up the platinum edition on its release date 6 years ago on this exact same day!

• Helpful Post
Reactions: NoDingsNoScratches
May be I'm alone in saying this. But after seeing this in hand, its not as awesome as some of you may think. Looks like they didn't use a hi-res image for the lenti OR may be the lenti itself is a bit blurred. No kind of embossing on the slip or the lenti. Someone already mentioned, but embossed title at the minimum would have been nice. Also, I thought it was just my copy; but after looking at pics from other ninjas here, the lenti placement is not straight, its crooked. Unfortunately gonna have to return it.

Reactions: Hartigan
May be I'm alone in saying this. But after seeing this in hand, its not as awesome as some of you may think. Looks like they didn't use a hi-res image for the lenti OR may be the lenti itself is a bit blurred. No kind of embossing on the slip or the lenti. Someone already mentioned, but embossed title at the minimum would have been nice. Also, I thought it was just my copy; but after looking at pics from other ninjas here, the lenti placement is not straight, its crooked. Unfortunately gonna have to return it.

C.L.S. aka Crooked Lenti Syndrome is something Ive noticed a lot with best buy exclusives. I saw a bunch of the recent Big Bang Theory S7copies with this problem, as well as Walking Dead s4.

Luckily My copies of these slips do not have this issue, but I have seen it many times.

While this slip might not be the greatest, or have a crystal clear Lenti image, it's certainly not the worst and its way better than the standard slip.

If you look at it again, the Lenti itself looks like the CARTOON! It looks amazing to me...

Reactions: justhedudeman
C.L.S. aka Crooked Lenti Syndrome is something Ive noticed a lot with best buy exclusives. I saw a bunch of the recent Big Bang Theory S7copies with this problem, as well as Walking Dead s4.

Luckily My copies of these slips do not have this issue, but I have seen it many times.

While this slip might not be the greatest, or have a crystal clear Lenti image, it's certainly not the worst and its way better than the standard slip.

If you look at it again, the Lenti itself looks like the CARTOON! It looks amazing to me...
LOL you guys actually named the defect :hilarious: AWESOME! :thumbs: It sounds kool.

And of course, this is certainly not the worst slip. That's why I said its not as good as what some may think. I went to pick it up in store after looking at the pictures here (not in-hand). I wasn't sure if I wanted it when I got there but I didn't wanna decide there myself. I would've looked like a creepy alien :blackalien: trying to talk himself into buying Sleeping Beauty :squint: :rofl:

It's not that I hate the release. I love lentis like many others here, but this is not a first release. The lenti is cartoon like you say, and I don't mind that. However, they definitely could've done a better job with this release.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: NoDingsNoScratches