Cambridge, Ontario, Canada
Manta Lab PET Protectors - through collectong.com:

Box Set - Full Slip/Lenti/Double Lenti

Sleeves and jumbo sleeves:

SteelBook Accessories | bluraysteelbooks.com
Steelbook Central.com

Plastic slipcover:

SCF1 Full slip from Steelbook Central
3 sides slip & Jumbo from Blu-steels.com (Germany)
Kimchi Clear Plastic cases
Retroprotection (various custom sizes)

Steelbook Central's eBay Shop for USA Customers Cine Grail

FilmArena Sleeves and Protectors

Steelbook Central hard case size guide:
Order at steelbookcentral.com

image.jpeg

Google spreadsheet with what titles fit which protective covers from Steelbook Central. Please edit and add to the spreadsheet titles that you know of and which slips will fit them. There are tabs for each kind of protective slip. SPREADSHEET

Original post:
Hope I have this in the right place. I'd like to get some hard cases for my more valuable steels. They seem hard to get. A seller on Ebay Germany is selling them, but won't ship to Canada. but was unable to get any. Can anyone help?:(

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone know which Steelbook Central protector size will fit the new Film Arena Alien E3 with the 3D front of the Alien?
XL size fit in SCF11 but not the embossed ones up to now. I'm sure Alien is no different, so next step up would be SCF7, but that's a big step.
Also what size will fit the Manta Labs Se7en and Inglourious Basterds and also the Nova Incredible Hulk? Those three are all too tall for the SCF2 and so I've had to cut the tops off and I have the old size.
SCF4.

Here's the thickness of the new Alien. I used my caliper to get the exact size.

View attachment 454890
It's as I expected. SCF11 works up to 35 mm approx. SCF7 is about 57 mm wide FYI.
It would be great if SC came up with an intermediate size.
Also on the others would that be SCF4 New or Old?
I only use new now. There is no advantage to using the old one IMO.

Reactions: Lone Crusader
Yep... as I thought. There's nothing that will fit it well that I know of. The SCF11 to SCF7 difference is too big. SCF7 would look silly on the E3.
The odd thing about it is that 3D alien on the front does not come off, it would have been nice if they had used magnetic tape or something to keep it on so you could just take it off and protect the slip without it.

Also what size will fit the Manta Labs Se7en and Inglourious Basterds and also the Nova Incredible Hulk? Those three are all too tall for the SCF2 and so I've had to cut the tops off and I have the old size.
Manta and Nova slips are quite bothersome because of their extra height. They'd fit nicely in an SCF2, but as you've experienced, those protectors are simply not tall enough to accomodate them. Even the SCF2 (new) with their extra mm in height do not suffice. So the only option is the SCF4 / SCF4 (new) protector. But there's too much leeway in this protector for my liking. Until recently there was no other choice, but then I came across a listing at KimchiDVD - they also got such protective sleeves, and those pretty much fill the gap between the SCF2 / 4 from Steelbookcentral:

(all measurements in mm)SCF2SCF2 (new)KimchiDVDSCF4SCF4 (new)
w​
140,5​
138​
140​
140,5​
140,5​
d​
23​
23​
25​
26​
26​
h​
175​
176​
178​
177​
178​

Although it's only a mm less than the SCF4 protector, I think the KimchiDVD protector has a much nicer fit. Here're some sample pictures with said product:

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg

There's still a bit of a problem with the height. If I could order a custom made protector, the ideal measurements would read: 140 x 24,5 x 179 (w, d, h).

I had ordered the KimchiDVD protectors with my last purchase, just for testing them. They're useful for Manta & Nova Slips, but two things are a bit problematic: first and foremost, it's really expensive to get such protectors from Asia, because they are quite heavy and easily push a package over the weight limit for a K-Packet, especially if you order more than just a pack of 10. Secondly, they don't come with an attached protective sheet to prevent scratches. Everybody who uses these protectors know they'll scratch anyway, but it doesn't look too good when a brand new item arrives like this:

4.jpg

Nevertheless I recommend them if you're looking for a better fit than the SCF4. But I'm also hoping Steelbookcentral will look into this and eventually come up with a new size set between SCF2/4, specifically designed for Manta/Nova slips. I've already provided them with the necessary measurements, and from what I heard back, they are on to it. Fingers crossed! It certainly would make things a lot easier.

I hope this little report was helpful to some degree.

Manta and Nova slips are quite bothersome because of their extra height. They'd fit nicely in an SCF2, but as you've experienced, those protectors are simply not tall enough to accomodate them. Even the SCF2 (new) with their extra mm in height do not suffice. So the only option is the SCF4 / SCF4 (new) protector. But there's too much leeway in this protector for my liking. Until recently there was no other choice, but then I came across a listing at KimchiDVD - they also got such protective sleeves, and those pretty much fill the gap between the SCF2 / 4 from Steelbookcentral:

w​
140,5​
138​
140​
140,5​
140,5​
d​
23​
23​
25​
26​
26​
h​
175​
176​
178​
177​
178​
Although it's only a mm less than the SCF4 protector, I think the KimchiDVD protector has a much nicer fit. Here're some sample pictures with said product:

View attachment 455226 View attachment 455227 View attachment 455228

There's still a bit of a problem with the height. If I could order a custom made protector, the ideal measurements would read: 140 x 24,5 x 179 (w, d, h).

I had ordered the KimchiDVD protectors with my last purchase, just for testing them. They're useful for Manta & Nova Slips, but two things are a bit problematic: first and foremost, it's really expensive to get such protectors from Asia, because they are quite heavy and easily push a package over the weight limit for a K-Packet, especially if you order more than just a pack of 10. Secondly, they don't come with an attached protective sheet to prevent scratches. Everybody who uses these protectors know they'll scratch anyway, but it doesn't look too good when a brand new item arrives like this:

View attachment 455229

Nevertheless I recommend them if you're looking for a better fit than the SCF4. But I'm also hoping Steelbookcentral will look into this and eventually come up with a new size set between SCF2/4, specifically designed for Manta/Nova slips. I've already provided them with the necessary measurements, and from what I heard back, they are on to it. Fingers crossed! It certainly would make things a lot easier.

I already ordered some SCF4 protectors as I have quite a few that need it. Thanks for the info, I didn't even know that KimchiDVD sold any.

Reactions: CleverLoginName
Does anyone know if there's any that would fit the Arrow special editions?

w​
140,5​
138​
140​
140,5​
140,5​
d​
23​
23​
25​
26​
26​
h​
175​
176​
178​
177​
178​

View attachment 455226 View attachment 455227 View attachment 455228

View attachment 455229

Thanks for the info buddy, very helpful. I too didn't realize Kimchi sold them (or still did anyway). I remember seeing a protective slip before with white KimchiDVD branding actually printed on it, but that was ages ago...

Also, it still perplexes me why SBC made the new SCF2's that much shorter in width. I much preferred the larger fit as the new ones can be mighty snug on the sides for certain slips. They should have just made them taller IMO.

Reactions: CleverLoginName
Also, it still perplexes me why SBC made the new SCF2's that much shorter in width. I much preferred the larger fit as the new ones can be mighty snug on the sides for certain slips. They should have just made them taller IMO.
Exactly this. Maybe a mm more for depth wouldn't be a bad idea, but height was/is the most pressing issue.

Reactions: Mickle_89
Any ideas for the likes of the Everything Blu Book Of The Living? Its a monster, thanks?
Mummy.jpg

Hi guys, I'm in need of some serious help in deciding what protector models to get for my editions that currently form the premiums and normal steels of my collection.

I've been trying to read the thread here in order to get a better picture of what fits what, but I've come to the conclusion that the best outcome will be reached only after I make a god-awfully long post like this in which I list each of the releases I need a protector for and ask for the help of anyone and everyone who is kind enough to give me advice on what to get. Bear with me lol:

- regular steelbooks the majority of which are without J-cards and are (or will be) unsealed since I only get films I plan to watch
- Pulp Fiction Novamedia FS
- Kill Bill vol. 1&2 Novamedia FS B
- The Hateful Eight KimchiDVD/The Blu Collection FS-A + OST
- Interstellar HDZeta 4K+2D DL slip
- Blade Runner 2049 HDZeta 4K+2D SL slip
- Inglourious Basterds Manta Lab FS
- Sicario: Day of the Soldado KimchiDVD 4K+2D SL slip
- Pan's Labyrinth KimchiDVD TheOn Collection FS
- The full 4K TDK trilogy set by HDZeta (I need protectors for both the box sets and the individual slips in them because I open all my editions and plan to watch them, too)
- Inception HDZeta 4K SL slip (not released yet)
- Dunkirk UHD Club 4K+2D wooden box
- Once Upon a Time... in Hollywood Mantalab FS (not released yet)
- Cinemuseum full slips (if any of the SC covers fit them...? I plan on buying a few FS releases from them)
- Either Manta's or HDZeta's Joker release (could be a lenti or a FS, depends on the art tbh)

As you can see, I don't tend to touch FAC or Blufans that much. HDZeta and Manta are my main retailers.

I'd appreciate any tips that could help finalize the process of me finally getting to order these damn things lol

Last edited:
Hi guys, I'm in need of some serious help in deciding what protector models to get for my editions that currently form the premiums and normal steels of my collection.

I've been trying to read the thread here in order to get a better picture of what fits what, but I've come to the conclusion that the best outcome will be reached only after I make a god-awfully long post like this in which I list each of the releases I need a protector for and ask for the help of anyone and everyone who is kind enough to give me advice on what to get. Bear with me lol:

- regular steelbooks the majority of which are without J-cards and are (or will be) unsealed since I only get films I plan to watch
- Pulp Fiction Novamedia FS
- Kill Bill vol. 1&2 Novamedia FS B
- The Hateful Eight KimchiDVD/The Blu Collection FS-A + OST
- Interstellar HDZeta 4K+2D DL slip
- Blade Runner 2049 HDZeta 4K+2D SL slip
- Inglourious Basterds Manta Lab FS
- Sicario: Day of the Soldado KimchiDVD 4K+2D SL slip
- Pan's Labyrinth KimchiDVD TheOn Collection FS
- The full 4K TDK trilogy set by HDZeta (I need protectors for both the box sets and the individual slips in them because I open all my editions and plan to watch them, too)
- Inception HDZeta 4K SL slip (not released yet)
- Dunkirk UHD Club 4K+2D wooden box
- Once Upon a Time... in Hollywood Mantalab FS (not released yet)
- Cinemuseum full slips (if any of the SC covers fit them...? I plan on buying a few FS releases from them)
- Either Manta's or HDZeta's Joker release (could be a lenti or a FS, depends on the art tbh)

As you can see, I don't tend to touch FAC or Blufans that much. HDZeta and Manta are my main retailers.

I'd appreciate any tips that could help finalize the process of me finally getting to order these damn things lol
Steelbook Central has the descriptions for each (and dimensions).

these are how they fit in my collection:
any standard steelbook with or without J card is a SCF1 (or SCF10 for a more snug fit)
Any Wooden Box edition will have to be personally shrink wrapped. No protectors for those.(that I am aware of).
Cinemuseums are SCF8 (and you can even slide the extra packets inside (like the IT map))
HDzeta FS and Lenti is SCF8
Nova and Kimchi FS and Lenti slips are SCF2
Manta is SCF4
HDzeta Box sets go into SCF9.
of course, you cannot put the individual HDzeta Dark Knight Trilogy steelbooks into protectors and the have them fit back into the HDzeta box. - and you cannot put the Dark Knight Collection Boxes into protectors and then into the Motherbox.

Last edited:
Steelbook Central has the descriptions for each (and dimensions).

these are how they fit in my collection:
any standard steelbook with or without J card is a SCF1 (or SCF10 for a more snug fit)
Any Wooden Box edition will have to be personally shrink wrapped. No protectors for those.(that I am aware of).
Cinemuseums are SCF8 (and you can even slide the extra packets inside (like the IT map))
HDzeta FS and Lenti is SCF8
Nova and Kimchi FS and Lenti slips are SCF2
Manta is SCF4
HDzeta Box sets go into SCF9.
of course, you cannot put the individual HDzeta steelbooks into protectors and the have them fit back into the HDzeta box. - and you cannot put the Dark Knight Collection Boxes into protectors and then into the Motherbox.
Thank you so much, this clarified a lot of things at once. I was aware of the fact there are no existing protectors for the wooden box, but I thought I'd still ask to be sure. I also plan to display the individual slips in the TDK set, so there's no need for me to be able to fit the editions back inside the OC box with the protectors on them.

Reactions: C.C. 95
Thank you so much, this clarified a lot of things at once. I was aware of the fact there are no existing protectors for the wooden box, but I thought I'd still ask to be sure. I also plan to display the individual slips in the TDK set, so there's no need for me to be able to fit the editions back inside the OC box with the protectors on them.
Glad to be of help. :thanks:

Reactions: Chokwe
Does anyone do protectors for mediabooks especially the type popular in Germany like the Anolis Hammer mediabooks. I don't mean those crap flimsy ones but proper ones like steelbook protectors