Solo: A Star Wars Story (4K+2D & 3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBooks) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release date: September 24, 2018
Purchase links: 4K+2D - 3D+2D
Price: £32.99 (4K+2D) - £24.99 (3D+2D)

11774074-1204595967948798.jpg
11774073-3834595967794133.jpg

11774074-1594595967584952.jpg
11774074-1594595967694350.jpg
11774073-1064581216802098.jpg

Last edited:
I got the date from Zoom's twitter feed. Amazon have that date as well (though for the DVD) as do HMV .
I see that and Zavvi have now also listed release date as the 24th

It's just unusual for disney as usually USA disney new release films on Blu-ray/DVD get released 2 to 3 weeks before UK do

just noticed the 3d +2d = 2disc
4k + 2d + bonus disc = 3 disc

so being fleeced for a bonus disc :rolleyes:
plus i really really hate that 4k black border it cocks the art up, when will they ever drop that it puts me off from buying 4k versions.

and also blufans have not announced this and no word coming forward either, i got a feeling in my water blufans are not bothering with this which i hope im wrong but they need to at least announce it if they are.
i aint buying 2 versions.

@cooey you heard anything on solo at all?

basil :thumbs:

just noticed the 3d +2d = 2disc
4k + 2d + bonus disc = 3 disc

so being fleeced for a bonus disc :rolleyes:
plus i really really hate that 4k black border it cocks the art up, when will they ever drop that it puts me off from buying 4k versions.

and also blufans have not announced this and no word coming forward either, i got a feeling in my water blufans are not bothering with this which i hope im wrong but they need to at least announce it if they are.
i aint buying 2 versions.

@cooey you heard anything on solo at all?

Looking at the Amazon Listings, which have picture of the back of each release , the standard blu ray is 2 discs, the 3D is 3 discs . The Zavvi 3D listing has all the same extras listed , so it's probably a typo and should be 3 discs. The 4K & 3D steels are the same (bar J card), it's unlikely Disney would split the print run into 2 different sets of disc holders .

• Thanks
Reactions: Basil
Not a chance I'm gonna have that in my collection, I'll get an early release 4K amaray and wait for Blufans

hmm just dont sit right with me ship is cut off. no title emboseed on front and a poor finish really missed opportunity here what a shame.

ill wait for blufans which have been told is in early planning. think the wait be worth it tbh as blufans usually are.

Looks awful in matte. Like really f*cking bad!
Poxy low saturated matte metallic steels are just the worst. Grinds on me

Hopefully blufans to the rescue
I actually don't mind it. I mean, sure, gloss would've been preferred... but I think matte suits the western-type style of the film (yeah, I'm probably just reaching here lol).

What annoys me more is the lack of title on the front (there's plenty of empty space where they could've placed it) and the fact the sides of the Falcon are cut off!

Elegant and uncluttered artwork and a smart steelbook with the added bonus of embossed artwork.

Even though it looks matte or possibly zero all over I'm still pondering the possibility that in the flesh it will have an INFINITY WARS type finish where instead of a matte/zero embossed gauntlet against a gloss backdrop we have an embossed matte Falcon against a gloss sky:-
1534689391659.png
1534689750356.png

Only bought the two trilogy steels back in the day plus ROGUE ONE and this one on order so was wondering if this is the first STAR WARS steelbook (WWA) to have embossed artwork? . . . most of the others I've seen only have de-bossed titles w/ flat artwork.

Presumably The Americas edition will be gloss with flat artwork . . . but . . . possibly with de-bossed title above the artwork.

Last edited:
I actually don't mind it. I mean, sure, gloss would've been preferred... but I think matte suits the western-type style of the film (yeah, I'm probably just reaching here lol).

What annoys me more is the lack of title on the front (there's plenty of empty space where they could've placed it) and the fact the sides of the Falcon are cut off!

Meh :whistle:

By the way, I'll most likely turn my steel concept into a slip at some point if anyone's interested. ;)

View attachment 389186

I was just looking at this (saved to my photos on my phone) and I just pray that blufans use this exact mock up in full gloss and a embossed title. Would look perfect

But also interested in a slip

Reactions: Noodles and crib79
I'm hoping it's Filmarenas dodgy photos that are actually making it look worse than what it really is!! o_O But I really don't think so :squint:

I'll keep my order for now incase Blufans never materialises for whatever reason (seeing as it's currently 'Sold Out' and all).

It usually pretty easy to offload UK Marvel and Star Wars steelbooks anyway down the road then.....

All that blank space on the front--really strange. It's like they accidentally forgot a layer or two when they made the final product.

I'm hoping it's Filmarenas dodgy photos that are actually making it look worse than what it really is!! o_O But I really don't think so :squint:

I'll keep my order for now incase Blufans never materialises for whatever reason (seeing as it's currently 'Sold Out' and all).

It usually pretty easy to offload UK Marvel and Star Wars steelbooks anyway down the road then.....
Yeh I would not go by Film Arena Photos they can somehow make a gloss steelbook look matte finish sometimes :rofl:

• Haha
Reactions: BluSteel2012
I really dont like it when their is no title on the front i may cancel and get the amary case
I hate titles on the front ...come on, you know which movie it is, when you see the front artwork. besides the title in on the spine.

raw artwork without any title/text on the front
tenor.gif

steelbook looks really good, a shame is isnt glossy