Release date: June 8, 2020
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £29.99

12479250-2744750464196944.jpg
12479250-1994750464451020.jpg12479250-9684750464388605.jpg
12479250-1074744810933191.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Noodles
Agree, I don’t really find Jim funny anymore (newer films - prob haven’t in about 10 years) but he’s great in this.

ahh I didn’t realise you had seen it.
I’m pretty sure a sequel has been greenlit. Unless I’m making that up. I really want to see tales and knuckles this time.

true, but that does happen sometimes. Rare release, low print run, secretly popular + nice steel.

And/ or @Robles is right and it’s appealed to the gamers too. But I have a feeling this is a really low print run. I did see loads of pics on social media when it was released. I just think this was a rare occasion of a quiet thread
You're right mate, it has been Greenlit and Paramount currently have an "untitled animated slot" for July 2022 which this could well fill.

Id also imagine Knuckles will play some part in the second considering that the tribe at the start are all echidnas.

• Informative
Reactions: Noodles and Flloydo
You're right mate, it has been Greenlit and Paramount currently have an "untitled animated slot" for July 2022 which this could well fill.

Id also imagine Knuckles will play some part in the second considering that the tribe at the start are all echidnas.

thought I see that info somewhere and not in my head.

haha yeah that made me laugh. Seriously thought they were both gona turn up at the end though. I think it would be a big mistake to not include them both in the sequel

Reactions: Robles
I would assume that this didn't just appeal to the likes of steelbook collectors and because of it being Sonic the hedgehog that already has quite a large following, it would appeal to quite a few collectors out there.

Also the standard 4k release is £24.99 so i know which id go for :thumbs:
Agree, I don’t really find Jim funny anymore (newer films - prob haven’t in about 10 years) but he’s great in this.

ahh I didn’t realise you had seen it.
I’m pretty sure a sequel has been greenlit. Unless I’m making that up. I really want to see tales and knuckles this time.

true, but that does happen sometimes. Rare release, low print run, secretly popular + nice steel.

And/ or @Robles is right and it’s appealed to the gamers too. But I have a feeling this is a really low print run. I did see loads of pics on social media when it was released. I just think this was a rare occasion of a quiet thread
Good point! Sonic does have a pretty big following... both with gamers and fans of the TV show. Dunno why I didn't consider that. :facepalm:

As for a sequel... I know there'd been talks, but didn't think it'd been officially confirmed. Last I heard the guy who voiced Sonic said he'd definitely be open to returning if asked. That was back when the film first released though, so maybe more has been said since then that I've missed.

EDIT - Never mind... just saw Robles latest post lol.

Reactions: Robles and Flloydo
Good point! Sonic does have a pretty big following... both with gamers and fans of the TV show. Dunno why I didn't consider that. :facepalm:

As for a sequel... I know there'd been talks, but didn't think it'd been officially confirmed. Last I heard the guy who voiced Sonic said he'd definitely be open to returning if asked. That was back when the film first released though, so maybe more has been said since then that I've missed.

EDIT - Never mind... just saw Robles latest post lol.

I remember reading that jim shared interest in returning too. He seemed to enjoy that character which was nice. Didn’t seem forced

yeah looking forward to a sequel

I remember reading that jim shared interest in returning too. He seemed to enjoy that character which was nice. Didn’t seem forced

yeah looking forward to a sequel
I agree... he felt like old school Jim. I remember he once said he'd never do sequels or just wasn't a fan of them (something along those lines), so for him to be open to do another Sonic movie says a lot!

Reactions: Flloydo
I decided to order the Amazon.it version with that voucher they sent for 5 EUR off 25. Not that bothered it's not 4k, was hoping the Zavvi version would drop in price a bit before selling out , ohwell lol

I agree... he felt like old school Jim. I remember he once said he'd never do sequels or just wasn't a fan of them (something along those lines), so for him to be open to do another Sonic movie says a lot!

He’s also open to another mask. He’s wanted to For years but he’s always made it clear the script has to be right. I’ve always respected that. Even though a sequel might Not work in the end, hearing that actors/resses will only do it if they find it right and not the pay check first is always great to hear

He’s also open to another mask. He’s wanted to For years but he’s always made it clear the script has to be right. I’ve always respected that. Even though a sequel might Not work in the end, hearing that actors/resses will only do it if they find it right and not the pay check first is always great to hear
Really? Didn't know that. Not even sure I'd want a Mask sequel now though tbh. Wish he'd had the same attitude towards Dumb & Dumber To... maaaan that was bad!

Really? Didn't know that. Not even sure I'd want a Mask sequel now though tbh. Wish he'd had the same attitude towards Dumb & Dumber To... maaaan that was bad!

I forgot about that. I’ve not even seen it. I can’t.
maybe it was a scenario where he thought it was a great script and it just didn’t work when finished. Dunno.

well we will see the mask in the new space jam. He’s a ref at a game and Carrey has voiced him. But it will probably only be for a few minutes

I forgot about that. I’ve not even seen it. I can’t.
maybe it was a scenario where he thought it was a great script and it just didn’t work when finished. Dunno.

well we will see the mask in the new space jam. He’s a ref at a game and Carrey has voiced him. But it will probably only be for a few minutes
It's basically just the same concept as the first one, only not funny.

Oh yeah, forgot about that! As a "cameo" I think it'll be really cool.

It's basically just the same concept as the first one, only not funny.

Oh yeah, forgot about that! As a "cameo" I think it'll be really cool.

I honestly don’t know why I didn’t say cameo. Too busy thinking about a certain post of mine that was edited earlier. Just when we’re making progress with Brie! The irony LOL

• Haha