Sony: Wii Owners Will Become PS3 Owners

Jan 29, 2009
Andrew House is the new boss of Sony Computer Entertainment Europe, a position with a long, storied history of corporate tit-for-tat. And it's a position he seems to be taking a real shine to.

In his first real public interview since assuming the role following David Reeve's departure in April, House tells Edge Online:

If you look back at previous lifecycles, like PS2 versus N64 [sic], we have lots of data that suggests that lots of people bought into N64 as their entry level gaming device, and were happy to upgrade to a more powerful machine later in the lifecycle when the price point was right for them.

I think we're going to see this later on PS3, and the fact that it's a Blu-ray player as well and that there's a [greater] wealth of network based experiences than are perhaps available on the device they already have will add to the proposition. I think that will definitely be a factor in the marketplace.

Not a bad start to the man's ****-talking career! Unabashed flag-waving, tempered with realistic statements and a lack of clear aggression. He could have a bright career ahead of him.

I doubt it. I don't see the casual market ever going PS3 or 360. Now the kids are a different story. Like my twin cousins that have a wii now. When they get older they may get the PS4... but I don't see older people using the wii as a gateway into another system.
________

Last edited by a moderator: