Sony XBR-55X900A 55-Inch 4K Ultra HD 120Hz 3D LED UHDTV

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Purchase here

top_product_Sm_XBR-X900A.jpg

Reactions: thefly
Saw this yesterday at my BestBuy, colors were very rich. But this 4K stuff is quite early, as it will be awhile before consumers upgrade. 1080p content looked like unconverted crap thoe :(. Felt like I was watching SD. No 3D demo was available at the time, but obviously the 4K content looked great.

And this was a THICK beast...

Last edited:
if only i had the money id buy in a heartbeat

Why? For a inferior 1080p picture on a standard 55in tv. You'd be better spending your money on a 1080p tv to deliver the clarity of a 1080p content on a standard 55in. Any 4k tv is going to be absolutly useless right now and more so produce a much worse image than a 55in that is only 1080p. Ala, upscaling dvd's. I cringe at a dvd on a 4k tv. :ugh:

As I said in my above post, 1080p content on this 4k tv in PERSON looked terrible. 4k content on the other hand...

This tv was also VERY THICK. At least 3in or more, I was very shocked to see that.

Last edited:
Reactions: lgans316
Cancelled my order and went for yet another Panasonic ZT65 60" Plasma instead !! As the lack of real 4K material is a big factor and also it being a LCD TV with edge LED Back Lighting has not impressed me at all..;)

Will wait for OLED or a second or third generation 4K Model..;)

ok,
I saw this at best buy as well, I will say this, this is by far the best sounding tv I ever heard. depending on each individual that's get this, if you don't have a home theatre set up, you wont need one.

now, the one on display was the 55". I got up close and personal with this and could not see any pixels that were noticeable and the demo 4K that was showing looked fantastic. I turned around and looked at other sets that were on display, and yes, I could see pixels, but basically on the larger 60" and 65" as well as the 70" and 80" Sharp LED's were very noticeable and a complete turn off for me.

I have a electronics store in my area known as Hippo's Entertainment, I walked in and noticed they had the 65" Sony 4K on display, wow, that looked awesome seeing the larger screen.

I know these are 3D but I wish they had a 3D demo for people to experience because I want to know first hand if it is any different from my current 55" Samsung 3D tv.

I am retiring end of next month, going to be getting a good chunk of change as an incentive to retire, to tell the truth, I just might go for this, if I do, it will be the 65" version :D but its a way off yet, will see what happens.
if I do make the plunge, I will let you all know :hilarious:

Reactions: blumaster
ok, I have an Important update

I went to my best buy last week, told the sony rep, can I bring in my 3D blu ray player and a couple movies as I want to see what 3D looks like on this tv. he said yes, by all means. I told him I would be there today at a certain time, well he was waiting for me, and couldn't wait himself to see the 3D performance of this particular set.
well, got it hooked up using only 1 HDMI cable, by the way, I brought in my first Samsung 3D blu ray player BD-C6900 and I brought 2 movies which had the best eye popping scenes that I know, Monsters Versus Aliens ( in the beginning of the movie, the tech playing with paddle ball) and second movie was IMAX Under the Sea ( approx. 20 minutes into movie, there is a fish called a Potato Cod looks like he is floating in mid air)

first and foremost, let me say WOW WOW it was totally incredible, the Sony Rep plus the Best Buy employees were totally blown away as was I lol.

Absolutely no crosstalk

the picture was incredible, I know what I see on my current tv which is in my signature. let me say this, there is absolutely no comparison, this Sony 4K tv wins hands down.

there was even a few customers that was wondering what all the commotion was about, the best buy employees handed out 3D glasses to people that wanted to look and they too were impressed at the 3D.

it was actually pretty funny that I was giving a demo of the tv lol.

I told the Sony rep this is what you need, something for the customers too look at so they can see the actual performance versus taking their word for it, and the Rep totally agreed and said he was going to talk to his boss about this, I said I hope he doesn't fire me, then wait a min, I don't work there , hahahahahah :hilarious:

oh yeah, now I cant wait, I am pretty sure when my retirement bonus comes in , its the 65 incher for me :D