Soylent Green (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Lenny Nero

Cossack
Premium Supporter
Oct 1, 2013
Release date: September 26, 2022
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order on June 24, at 9 AM for Red Carpet, at 12 PM general sale - UK time)
Price: £17.99

13898334-1174967999615403.jpg

13898334-1244967993339211.jpg

It really does seem like when movies I loved as a kid finally make it to steelbook decades after their initial release, they are proned to be ruined by the worst possible art in the history of time.

I love this movie so much, but I will never waste one penny on such a crap bag piece of poopy like shown in the OP. Not sure if it's more awful or woeful. Kind of fits both.

I'll add that it would be nice if these companies actually put people in place to give a damn about these movies. I mean...do they really think this is good? Really? They should be fired immediately.

Be interesting to know if they actually sell any or if they will have to give them away as an 'offer' - buy one **** steelbook get another **** steelbook free!

Reactions: Lenny Nero
Be interesting to know if they actually sell any or if they will have to give them away as an 'offer' - buy one **** steelbook get another **** steelbook free!
The only way this will ever sell is if it is a buyer who loves the movie and doesn't give a damn about steelbooks. Is there anyone here who is going to buy this? I'd really be interested to know exactly why you would. Just to say you have it on steel, maybe? I mean, Really....The amray looks light years better.

Look at the art available for this film> Art that begs for serious embossing. And this is what they come up with. I want to slap them in the head with a bag of soylent.

The only way this will ever sell is if it is a buyer who loves the movie and doesn't give a damn about steelbooks. Is there anyone here who is going to buy this? I'd really be interested to know exactly why you would. Just to say you have it on steel, maybe? I mean, Really....The amray looks light years better.

Look at the art available for this film> Art that begs for serious embossing. And this is what they come up with. I want to slap them in the head with a bag of soylent.
I'll buy it eventually when it'll be around 10€. It's ugly, but a classic movie and in a steelbook....

Someone who has no idea, and no taste, could buy it as a gift for their dad or something.
Or people that buy every edition of this movie. Or every steelbook.

Reactions: Lutzo
Yep, boils my p**s! They put the effort in when they know something won't sell well, just to try and tempt us foolish collectors :rolleyes:

P.S. I don't actually hate the artwork lol
I agree. Like I didn't hate the Zodic one either. But the deciding factor for me was just wanting to own the movie.

Yeah, seems you can either get great finish with debossing, or good artwork, and bleak colors with zero finish (which Paul will tell you is a type of finish!).

Reactions: JinxyKatte
Yeah, seems you can either get great finish with debossing, or good artwork, and bleak colors with zero finish (which Paul will tell you is a type of finish!).
Yeah, its like man this must have taken someone minutes to design lol. I hope the movie is good.