Space Jam (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Titans of Cult Exclusive #10) [UK]

tommyh84

Not Mine
Premium Supporter
Apr 28, 2011
Release date: July 5, 2021
Purchase links: Zavvi - HMV - Amazon UK - WB Shop - Entertainment Store (eBay)
Price: £34.99

13106235-1474861980010383.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I wish they’d give up on this piece by piece revelation deal. Show people the back for heavens sake. it doesn’t make people dive for their wallets any more. At first it was different now just plain frustrating for potential buyers. I feel stupid for not getting the “stay tuned/ tooned” reference now though haha

Reactions: Mararagan
I wish they’d give up on this piece by piece revelation deal. Show people the back for heavens sake. it doesn’t make people dive for their wallets any more. At first it was different now just plain frustrating for potential buyers. I feel stupid for not getting the “stay tuned/ tooned” reference now though haha
Best case, the rear will be exactly the same design, except with MJ's gold silhouette in the centre jumping the opposite way.

Worst case, that "A-OK" pin design mid centre lol

Either way I agree with you, reveal hype only works when some hype is due. There is certainly no hype due for this :rofl:

This design absolutely beat BB one. You talk **** about this one while you're quiet about BB and UK one. Are you saying that one is what?

This design absolutely beat BB one. You talk **** about this one while you're quiet about BB and UK one. Are you saying that one is what?
This is the only steelbook that's set to be released in the UK. The BB one isn't coming out over here right now, thank god. Yes it's better than that one for sure, but it's also more expensive and not exactly anything to shout about either.

This is the only steelbook that's set to be released in the UK. The BB one isn't coming out over here right now, thank god. Yes it's better than that one for sure, but it's also more expensive and not exactly anything to shout about either.

UK will definitely have same one. Like is Godzilla vs Kong having one for example.

UK will definitely have same one. Like is Godzilla vs Kong having one for example.
That's not a relevant example. Godzilla vs kong is a brand new release with a WWA steelbook being released in various regions. That's normal.

This is a catalogue release where there is one design for the US and another, provided by ToC, for the UK. V for vendetta would be a fairly apt example of that.

I have no doubt we may get the same design at some point in the future when the ToC release is long sold out, but it's not happening right now.

Reactions: tommyh84
Look many of now released steelbooks... raya, speed, jl, soul, last act hero... i have 0 doubt that this one will get same artwork as bb...

Look many of now released steelbooks... raya, speed, jl, soul, last act hero... i have 0 doubt that this one will get same artwork as bb...
Yes mate, but you're still talking about steelbook releases with WORLD WIDE ARTWORK there though. It's a completely different story with Titans of Cult releases, as they do not distribute outside of the EU. Their designs have occasionally made it over the US repackaged, but seeing as BB already have their space jam release, that options out for now.

So I'm sorry, but atleast in the near term, I think you'll find that won't be the case for space jam.

I've never understood why people collect all the TOC editions. I bought TOC Blade Runner because that's one of a handful of titles I collect.
These releases don't look that great, they don't seem very limited and not that collectable.
This release is horrible obviously, it's all a matter of opinion but I just don't understand collecting TOC when there are so many better retailers and steelbooks to purchase.

I've never understood why people collect all the TOC editions. I bought TOC Blade Runner because that's one of a handful of titles I collect.
These releases don't look that great, they don't seem very limited and not that collectable.
This release is horrible obviously, it's all a matter of opinion but I just don't understand collecting TOC when there are so many better retailers and steelbooks to purchase.
I think because they were a reasonable entry point for people who can’t afford more expensive editions and they seemed to be doing something different. I’m not sure if they intended for the outer box to be anything other than packaging but we ended up keeping the whole thing together for some reason. It should have been all about the steelbook not the pins or mini steels; you can’t really do anything with the other stuff So you just put it all back in the box. I will definitely buy another if they actually do a great cult movie like the matrix or the shining but will no longer buy them all.

I collect(ed) them because I find them different and genuinely like how they all look... or I did until recently anyway. I genuinely like all the films too, so the reasoning is obviously quite simple for me :)

Reactions: Retro Parrot
I quite like this but have never been sure on the outta box, is it like a slipcase style packaging or literally just plastic packaging? either way, I think ill stick to my original plan with the film and try and get hold of the release that reel synergy put out there. for me, that's a much nicer looking release :thumbs:

I quite like this but have never been sure on the outta box, is it like a slipcase style packaging or literally just plastic packaging? either way, I think ill stick to my original plan with the film and try and get hold of the release that reel synergy put out there. for me, that's a much nicer looking release :thumbs:

It's just a plastic box that tears easily if you're not careful. It's not even a protective slip the way some people refer to it as.

It just holds all of the contents.

Reactions: Robles
It's just a plastic box that tears easily if you're not careful. It's not even a protective slip the way some people refer to it as.

It just holds all of the contents.
Yes. I really don’t think they ever intended the package to be anything significant. Just people don’t know what to do with the extra stuff. We’re not really going to wear a pin surely ?