Release date: October 25, 2021
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £29.99

13191002-7464879263539955.jpg

13191002-1914879263821610.jpg
13191002-1304879263689259.jpg
13191002-1264879263751731.jpg

Reactions: tono06
Well that’s a downer, I thought amazon was going to get the WB exclusives. Anyway, I wanted that art so that’s a good thing but that will only pop in gloss

Great artwork that will most likely be ruined by a flat matte finish. Had my doubts about the film ever since the very first trailer though and I haven't seen a single positive review since its release, so I'll wait until I've actually had the chance to see it for myself before I decide whether to pick this up or not.

Great artwork that will most likely be ruined by a flat matte finish. Had my doubts about the film ever since the very first trailer though and I haven't seen a single positive review since its release, so I'll wait until I've actually had the chance to see it for myself before I decide whether to pick this up or not.

Im watching it today but it’s not looking good. Or sounding good from the reviews. But yeah love the art. I was going to post that picture in the thread when it eventually got created, didn’t realise they were actually going to use it.

Reactions: Noodles
Im watching it today but it’s not looking good. Or sounding good from the reviews. But yeah love the art. I was going to post that picture in the thread when it eventually got created, didn’t realise they were actually going to use it.
Obviously let us know what you think. Think I said it to you already, but it just looks like a modernised remake of the original (which is a childhood favourite of mine), so that alone rubs me the wrong way lol.

Reactions: Flloydo
Just watched this @Noodles

It’s not as bad as what some are making out. It’s entertaining to a degree but not perfect. Visually it’s stunning and I like the animation and then CGI. It’s a treat in that sense. And Lebron isn’t too bad either. No better or worse than Jordan’s acting. Tbh he’s less cringe and cheese than the main guy in the new mortal kombat film.

I just can’t understand why WB fired the original director and then hired the guy who made scary movie 5 lol but it’s not too bad. They do use a lot of Warner properties and tbh I thought it was going to be extremely cringe but they’re quite impressive for the majority of them.

I did love the rick and morty cameo with Taz and the mad max segment made me chuckle plus it looked quality. All the movie segments were done well tbh

Reactions: tono06 and Noodles
If the art sticks I’ll Probably pick it up After release. May the gloss gods be on our side

Just watched this @Noodles

It’s not as bad as what some are making out. It’s entertaining to a degree but not perfect. Visually it’s stunning and I like the animation and then CGI. It’s a treat in that sense. And Lebron isn’t too bad either. No better or worse than Jordan’s acting. Tbh he’s less cringe and cheese than the main guy in the new mortal kombat film.

I just can’t understand why WB fired the original director and then hired the guy who made scary movie 5 lol but it’s not too bad. They do use a lot of Warner properties and tbh I thought it was going to be extremely cringe but they’re quite impressive for the majority of them.

I did love the rick and morty cameo with Taz and the mad max segment made me chuckle plus it looked quality. All the movie segments were done well tbh
Didn't realise it was on HBO Max until this morning, so I decided to watch it earlier. Pretty much agree with everything you said anyway... wasn't as crap as I expected, but still not great. However, just like the first film, it's made for kids at the end of the day, so can't be too harsh on it I suppose and I'm sure they'll love it! As for the change of director, apparently it was down to the good ol' "creative differences", but I read somewhere the other day that WB eventually decided they wanted someone more experienced... not exactly how I'd describe Malcolm Lee tbh lol. I personally feel it would've benefitted more with a pair of younger/fresh eyes such as Terence Nance (the original director), but hey-ho.

Didn't realise it was on HBO Max until this morning, so I decided to watch it earlier. Pretty much agree with everything you said anyway... wasn't as crap as I expected, but still not great. However, just like the first film, it's made for kids at the end of the day, so can't be too harsh on it I suppose and I'm sure they'll love it! As for the change of director, apparently it was down to the good ol' "creative differences", but I read somewhere the other day that WB eventually decided they wanted someone more experienced... not exactly how I'd describe Malcolm Lee tbh lol. I personally feel it would've benefitted more with a pair of younger/fresh eyes such as Terence Nance (the original director), but hey-ho.

Yeah I read that too. Apparently he had never seen the original and watched it days before shooting lol. But yeah this film is certainly for kids. Which is fine. I can still enjoy it and I love looney tunes anyway. People expecting more or for example questioning the science of why don cheadle is in a computer and how he can transfer you from the real world to the sever verse/ Toon world through a camera phone shouldn’t be watching this film. You can’t question those things. It’s literally for kids. Who cares how and why with these kinds of things. Plus I’m watching this film mainly for the toons and the visuals. And that paid off. I just hope that artwork sticks and we get a full glossy new WB steelbook (lol)

I also like that this is technically a sequel where they reference this not being the first time it’s happened. (Lola and Bugs mention it a few times) and I thought the Micheal B Jordan cameo was pretty funny.

@Noodles don't forget you can watch The Suicide Squad the Friday after next the same way. I personally can’t wait for that.
my most anticipated this year is that, french dispatch, green knight and Spider-Man no way home

That’s really cool. Nice to see some love for Taz too.

Ah man I can’t wait
Thanks man. He's my fav! :D

Me either. GOTG2 feels like it was forever ago, so we're well overdue some Gunn-action! Literally all those films you mentioned are my most anticipated too btw. :thumbs:

The film was so bad

It makes the original look like a masterpiece

Should have gone with the original sequel idea, Skate Jam with Tony Hawk, rather than an over the top rehashed sequel used as a massive advertisement for other WB properties

Reactions: MrSquifler
The film was so bad

It makes the original look like a masterpiece

Should have gone with the original sequel idea, Skate Jam with Tony Hawk, rather than an over the top rehashed sequel used as a massive advertisement for other WB properties
That's because it is a masterpiece ;)

I was thinking that whilst watching... why did they have to focus on basketball again? Surely would've made more sense to do something completely different and branch out to a diff sport. Golf Jam anybody?