tommyh84

Not Mine
Premium Supporter
Apr 28, 2011
Release date: October 20, 2023
Purchase link: TBA
Price: TBA

BAD16A77-4078-4E42-ADE9-9AF98DC4B34C.jpeg

PSA- Yeah, Sony Studios just confirmed via Social media the collector's edition does not include any physical disc whatsoever.

This is super frustrating as that steelbook is drop dead gorgeous!! But I can not and will not support studios doing this; as I live off-grid with no-internet! Had to haul a TV and PS5 into a library to download a stupid required 100+GB patch for SW: Jedi Survivor to even play and not happy with this new movement.

Reactions: yeslek
I need that steel. Got the collectors edition steel for the first game but I doubt I can’t afford that statue. But I will be getting that steel somehow

What is the point in the steel if there is no disc?
Stupid
Will not support it which is a shame as its lovely all round and still have my (ironically empty) steel of the first game (played and platinumed in 2 weeks so sold the amerau and disc, keeping the steel, for almost full whack)
Won't be rushing day one if I can't do same again. Refuse to pay full price for digital games (outside of Destiny 2 DLC) as they always drop in sales quick

This is a d**k move by Sony

Yeah it's Sony's awful mindset this generation

Horizon Forbidden West
God of War Ragnarök
Now this

The worst part is Horizon: FW had a limited edition which included the steelbook and a physical disc yet they haven't done that here, they never did it for GoW: R aswell.

Also there's no excuse this time about them doing it because of the games being cross generation like they said for Horizon and GoW since Spiderman 2 is a PS5 exclusive.

They have said in the past, whether it was Sony or die hard fans I can't remember, that it's because the PS5 offers a digital only console and this is the "middle ground". It's apparently fairer for people who have a digital only console so they can buy the collectors edition aswell.

However it's not, it's basically pushing people out who like physical and swapping that audience for digital, so to be it's just bulls***

I just think if you are a collector and buy collectors editions then there's a very high chance, while not impossible, that you are someone who buys physical games. Usually people who buy digital don't like the clutter or what they usually say (as I've seen online) is "useless tat" and we've all seen those kind of comments from people, they think these editions of pointless. I'm not saying all digital only players are like this but it's a large majority.

If there was a limited edition for us to get the steelbook it wouldn't be as bad, still pretty f****** annoying obviously but at least we could secure the steelbook at a better price, however this is just becoming insane now and the sad thing is because they are swapping out the physical audience for digital, this will still sell.

Reactions: yeslek
Yeah it's Sony's awful mindset this generation....

They have said in the past, whether it was Sony or die hard fans I can't remember, that it's because the PS5 offers a digital only console and this is the "middle ground". It's apparently fairer for people who have a digital only console so they can buy the collectors edition aswell.

Middle of my arse!
It's costp cutting greed
Digital copies cost Sony so much less and they are using this 'fairness' angle to remove the cost of printing and shipping discs at all.

Am sure that those with the digital only PS5 would be happy to give away or sell on the disc in the collectors edition set too. I can't see any digital owner, complain about having a disc included in a physical DISC CASE (the steelbook)
I have so many steelbooks, with discs still in, that I don't need as I've either gotten a digital version down the line(gtav on ps3, shadow of mordor/war etc), or, as I only used it for playing Destiny with my xbox friends(am a PS gamer), pre-discord being on console, I have the Xbox disc for Destiny 2 vanilla, inside the steelbook, and only an XB Series S, so no means to play the disc at all. It makes more sense than and empty steel book, completes the package having it in there, makes sense.

OR, brain flash... have the customer choose theappropriate copy of the game they wanted in the set and maybe discount a fiver for the digital option over the disc?

Its so bloody stupid as steelbooks are FOR discs. They are the thing that houses disc....

If I can't get an empty steel for under a tenner, or buy the physical disc with the steelbook I guess am not getting anything.
This, unfortunately lovely looking set, is 100% not for me unless they change their mind and throw in the disc.

EDIT;
(Excuse the waffle or if am not making sense, migraine...May re:edit when my brains less hazy...but I think it makes sense; sony = gree and keep the disc copies in the steelbook )

Middle of my arse!
It's costp cutting greed
Digital copies cost Sony so much less and they are using this 'fairness' angle to remove the cost of printing and shipping discs at all.

Am sure that those with the digital only PS5 would be happy to give away or sell on the disc in the collectors edition set too. I can't see any digital owner, complain about having a disc included in a physical DISC CASE (the steelbook)
I have so many steelbooks, with discs still in, that I don't need as I've either gotten a digital version down the line(gtav on ps3, shadow of mordor/war etc), or, as I only used it for playing Destiny with my xbox friends(am a PS gamer), pre-discord being on console, I have the Xbox disc for Destiny 2 vanilla, inside the steelbook, and only an XB Series S, so no means to play the disc at all. It makes more sense than and empty steel book, completes the package having it in there, makes sense.

OR, brain flash... have the customer choose theappropriate copy of the game they wanted in the set and maybe discount a fiver for the digital option over the disc?

Its so bloody stupid as steelbooks are FOR discs. They are the thing that houses disc....

If I can't get an empty steel for under a tenner, or buy the physical disc with the steelbook I guess am not getting anything.
This, unfortunately lovely looking set, is 100% not for me unless they change their mind and throw in the disc.

EDIT;
(Excuse the waffle or if am not making sense, migraine...May re:edit when my brains less hazy...but I think it makes sense; sony = gree and keep the disc copies in the steelbook )
The funny thing is with digital only gamers is they can sell that physical copy straight away and make the money back to then buy a digital version

Physical gamers can't do that, it's more risky selling a DLC code.

The funny thing is with digital only gamers is they can sell that physical copy straight away and make the money back to then buy a digital version

Physical gamers can't do that, it's more risky selling a DLC code.
Exactly!
No way would a digital only gamer refuse a disc, knowing it could offset some cost

Most Digital gamers don't won't the stuff included in collectors editions, hell they don't even want a case.
They want nothing but the convenience of not getting up out their seat and not having to store the cases.
So who is this for again?

I'm more bothered that there's no art book included at that price tbh
My horizon forbidden west came with a steelbook & mini artbook!! For like $80-$90 bucks. This makes so little sense between the price and offerings

Half the **** in this "CE" is customized DLC

Other times this would have been sold out. Right now still in stock and it's been 7 hours since it went live. Goes to show how poor it is.
This….pleases me, especially because it’s Spiderman, a big IP.

It needed a physical disc, art book, soundtrack and possibly a smaller collectible replica or something.