Released: Sept, 7, 2018
Platforms: PS4
Purchase:
Amazon US
Amazon UK

Game of the Year Edition

48630803758_ea183eb186_o.png

1.jpg

Creative Director Bryan Intihar provided more details on the newly announced Spider Man game.
  • Spider Man is the biggest game ever for Insomniac, and the most ambitious game ever for Marvel.
  • It’s an open world game.
  • The game has been in development for “quite some time.”
  • It’s not part of the films, and Insomniac is doing a bit of its own thing and “mixing things up” to an extent. It’s an original story, and this was an opportunity for Insomniac Games to create “their own Spider Man universe.” It still respects the tradition of the franchise but the developers can afford to take some liberties, for instance with the design of Spider Man’s suit, that could be seen in the trailer.
  • It’s getting better and better every day as development progresses.
  • This is a story where Spider Man’s world and Peter Parker’s world collide. It focuses on who is the man under the mask, and who the man becomes after he puts the mask on.
  • The game is confirmed as a PS4 exclusive, published by Sony Interactive Entertainment.
  • Spider Man is a working title, for now.
220px-Spider-Man_PS4_cover.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Thanks
Reactions: tridon and kaw
Steelbook for this is shocking. So disappointed

No spine title either. Total crap. Thought it had a image of spidey on it

Had no real interest in picking this up (gone off gaming massively lately), but seeing people share screens/gameplay has me really wanting to check it out!

Had no real interest in picking this up (gone off gaming massively lately), but seeing people share screens/gameplay has me really wanting to check it out!
Yeah I went off on a NO Gaming Binge too a while back but believe me when I tell you this game is loads of FUN! Insomniac did a very nice job on this game, worth checking out and if you still feel like not gaming then just shelf it and play it at a later time but at least you'll have it. My kids wanted to play it too and were super excited about it, I was worried it was a singe save game but they did nice by putting in different save slots so each of us could have our own game and they wouldn't be playing off my game.

Reactions: Noodles
I haven't gamed in years (2013 and Tomb Raider) but im off to get a copy of this tomorrow, IGN's videos were too much

Yeah I went off on a NO Gaming Binge too a while back but believe me when I tell you this game is loads of FUN! Insomniac did a very nice job on this game, worth checking out and if you still feel like not gaming then just shelf it and play it at a later time but at least you'll have it. My kids wanted to play it too and were super excited about it, I was worried it was a singe save game but they did nice by putting in different save slots so each of us could have our own game and they wouldn't be playing off my game.
Glad to hear you're enjoying it bud. I probably will pick it up eventually, but not until it's a lot cheaper... it'd obviously be a waste of money if I did buy now and then decide to shelf it for the time being.

• Thanks
Reactions: Lone Crusader
Love it, it's like the feeling I had playing Arkham Asylum for the first time all those years back :)

The actual game really is excellent

My only complaint is jumping. I miss the double jump. When on the ground it’s a bit hard to start swinging off quickly. You have to do that L2 & R2 thing and press X quickly when you come to the landing so you can get a decent jump. My only gripe so far

Spider-Man Getting New Game Plus Mode
Spiderman-768x432.jpg
Source: ComingSoon
Marvel’s Spider-Man for the PS4 just got even more awesome. According to a tweet from Insomniac Games, the latest adventure of everyone’s favorite wall crawler will receive the New Game Plus Mode treatment, meaning players can bring completed game saves into a new game with all the merchandise they picked up along the way — a feature that will allow players to discover even more new items. Check out the tweet below!

Reactions: Lone Crusader
I'm only at 14% because I can only play a couple of hours at a time after work everyday so I can't advance that fast. Man I so want to upgrade my suit but it's taking me forever to do it. :bored: I seen a video of all the suits and there's some pretty wicked suits to get. Also read that this game sold faster and more copies than any other game in 2018.

I'm only at 14% because I can only play a couple of hours at a time after work everyday so I can't advance that fast. Man I so want to upgrade my suit but it's taking me forever to do it. :bored: I seen a video of all the suits and there's some pretty wicked suits to get. Also read that this game sold faster and more copies than any other game in 2018.
Red Dead Redemption 2 will probably beat that.