Premium Supporter
May 15, 2013
GA
Release date: October 1, 2019
Purchase link: Best Buy
Price: $34.99

1563541734280.png

Last edited:
This is 32.99 right now, I guess not many people are buying it so they cut down the price a little bit.
i noticed the discount and was refunded the difference when i picked up my pre-order

for the volume of people being vocal (or type..ical?) about disliking the artwork, there were NO copies on the shelf at ~11:30am.
the indian steelbook i got in the mail yesterday has the same art and finish so i didn't get a second USA copy to keep sealed. (and the weet type B i bought in the group buy here has the same artwork, not trying to overdo it)

This is 32.99 right now, I guess not many people are buying it so they cut down the price a little bit.
The store I went to only had 3 copies. Of those, one had a loose disk and the other had something else loose in it. The 3rd copy was fine. I looked at stores around the country, and it seems like it’s selling out pretty quickly in many locations. I really wanted to wait till next week to buy it, but decided I couldn’t wait. All the other releases (with the possible exception of Ant Man) seem like there’s plenty of stock. I really am hoping to put off buys till the elite status holiday window opens up. Don’t wanna get screwed out of the inevitable holiday sales :D

I really am hoping to put off buys till the elite status holiday window opens up. Don’t wanna get screwed out of the inevitable holiday sales :D
when does that start? one thing i know you can do is buy em then return em within 14 days, then perhaps buy again and return within another 14 days. you just have to keep them sealed, is all.

when does that start? one thing i know you can do is buy em then return em within 14 days, then perhaps buy again and return within another 14 days. you just have to keep them sealed, is all.
For non elite, I assume it’ll be around 10/28 (or whatever the last Monday of the month is). Last year, for elite (spend over 1500 with BB) it apparently started the 2nd week of October. At this point, I don’t know, but I think for most of these movies, I can probably wait till the last week of October. I just don’t see most of these selling out. Best Buy is printing a lot of copies. But you really have to look at inventory on the app at least 1x per day to see what’s going on with the new releases. I’ve been putting off Ironman 1-3, Thor 1-2 for 2 months and there are plenty of those available. Frozen looks like a huge print run too. I think most of the other. releases today were smaller than the Iron Man and Thor releases (and then there’s the Toy Story movies which still have massive inventory left).

Not happy that this one was not released in the UK as it complements the Meinerding HOMECOMING steelbook which we did get . . . web inside art like the others except Japan (afaik).

Pics courtesy Review Plus via Steelbookpro revealing a full gloss finish ...
1570035843905.png
1570035872923.png

... and metallic effects:-
1570036509327.png
1570036592901.png

Looks pretty good to me.

1570035914830.png
1570035931936.png

Last edited:
If you’re going to get this, I’d jump on it. Yesterday about 20 stores around me had copies. Today, almost all are sold out. It’s still available for shipping. Same goes for Guardians. It’s going quickly.

I ordered this online and received a it shipped to me in a bubble mailer, banged up complete with a loose disc. It's now sold out all around me and not available to ship online anymore. Anyone have an extra copy available?

I ordered this online and received a it shipped to me in a bubble mailer, banged up complete with a loose disc. It's now sold out all around me and not available to ship online anymore. Anyone have an extra copy available?
i'll probably sell the steelbook once i get the filmarena WWA next month, but i wanna keep the discs and download code for the eng/spa/fr language tracks.

i'll probably sell the steelbook once i get the filmarena WWA next month, but i wanna keep the discs and download code for the eng/spa/fr language tracks.

I appreciate the offer, but I’m looking to to purchase/keep everything that comes with it.

I think it’s coming that way from the factory. I got my copy in a store. They had 3 or 4 copies. 1 had a loose disk, 1-2 had loose paperwork only 1 had nothing loose.

Reactions: MrMercury
I've had a few people approach me individually to get help with this release. Given that, I thought it might be a good idea to post on this thread.

Anyone else want a copy of this? Quote this post or let me know if you do and I can post a mini group buy.

Thanks

Andy

Reactions: PHD
I've had a few people approach me individually to get help with this release. Given that, I thought it might be a good idea to post on this thread.

Anyone else want a copy of this? Quote this post or let me know if you do and I can post a mini group buy.

Thanks

Andy

@apsmith21

i'll join if there's a group buy...

Reactions: apsmith21
Call up Best Buy. For now it’s in stock online.