Spider-Man: Far From Home (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (JB Hi-Fi Exclusive) [Australia]

Mar 7, 2019
Release date: TBA
Purchase link: JB Hi-Fi
Price: AUS $49.98

392300-Product-0-I_800x800.jpg

289350-L-LO.jpg

Official online contest from JB Hi-Fi

Last edited by a moderator:
i dont like it! too crowded, so many heads floating around lol
I don't completely dislike it but yea I agree with you. Floating heads are never good, but as always the premium treatment will do us proud further along the line. It's nice to have some variety I guess.

Can’t work out who the artist is. Don’t think it’s Meinerding like the first one. Which is a shame because so far the homecoming illustrated steel art looks much better.

I don’t mind illustrated style steelbooks at all.... but this looks amateurish.
that artwork is just amateur at best

tenor.gif

The actual art itself isn’t amateurish (imo). They seem like a decent artist and I’m sure I’ve seen the style from a marvel artist in a few of the “art of the movie” books but I just don’t think the style or layout suits it. Especially when homecoming front was like a scene of him swinging over houses and iron man behind him and then the back, similar with him fighting the vulture with a few random characters at the bottom. But this don’t look right

The likeness is decent etc but the placement is all off

The actual art itself isn’t amateurish (imo). They seem like a decent artist and I’m sure I’ve seen the style from a marvel artist in a few of the “art of the movie” books but I just don’t think the style or layout suits it. Especially when homecoming front was like a scene of him swinging over houses and iron man behind him and then the back, similar with him fighting the vulture with a few random characters at the bottom. But this don’t look right

The likeness is decent etc but the placement is all off

the likeness is good, it just looks messy and all over the place

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
Maybe amateurish was a little harsh of me.

Put it this way, it looks like the art that would be used for the cover of the comic book or novelisation of the film - not for the movie itself.

I think that's the point :)

Their point was “here’s how we’d promote a different entertainment medium?” :wacky:

Anyways, each to their own, there’s bound to be many different versions and re-releases to cater for everyone’s different tastes :thumbs:

Their point was “here’s how we’d promote a different entertainment medium?” :wacky:

Anyways, each to their own, there’s bound to be many different versions and re-releases to cater for everyone’s different tastes :thumbs:

Come on you know full well Spiderman is a comic book based character, the art for the steelbook is clearly done with the intention of merging the two. It's playing fan service to fans of both the live action Spiderman and the original hand drawn version

Come on you know full well Spiderman is a comic book based character, the art for the steelbook is clearly done with the intention of merging the two. It's playing fan service to fans of both the live action Spiderman and the original hand drawn version

He’s had his own comic book?.... :OMG:

I know what you’re saying, I know what they’re going for, I personally just don’t like it much.

Like I said, there’ll be plenty of alternatives and i’m sure someone like Blufans will cater to my tastes. It’s all good :thumbs:

• Thanks
Reactions: tommyh84