Spider-Man: Far From Home (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: November 11, 2019
Purchase links: 4K+2D - 4K+2D Collector's Edition (Pre-order live at Midnight July 2)
Price: £32.99 (4K+2D) - £74.99 (4K+2D Collector's Edition)
Notes: 3 Discs (4K UHD + 2D Blu-ray + Bonus Disc World Wide Web-Slinger)
12203577-1384708744830876.jpg

Collector's Edition with above steelbook
Collector's Edition Artwork to be updated as it still has mock up steelbook
12203580-1344.jpg 12203580-6964.jpg

12203577-6844708744881201.jpg 12203577-1154708741882539.jpg

12203577-1654684650152070.jpg

12203580-3004686046702845.jpg

Last edited:
I agree there having a hard enough time selling the 4K titles, the average consumer doesn't care about 4K. Buying an 8K TV set is like lighting money on fire @Steely-Booked is right 8K is so far off it's just a gimmick right now. It would be like buying a 4K TV when they first came out years ago and only had HDMI 1.3 inputs, no Dolby Vision, HDR, no 60fps, and so on. By the time we get to 8K technology will probably be past using HDMI who knows? But companies like Samsung release these 8K sets because it sounds good as if there more cutting edge than some other manufacturers, it looks cool on TV in ads, and people with to much money go out and buy them. It's not something they are serious about right now it's just advertising and branding. There are a couple other companies doing the same thing, it's smart.
There are many that view 4k and even 3d (that's been around over a decade now) as gimmicks.

Cancelled my collectors pre-order, don't know why I bothered in the first place, but having seen the Captain Marvel sets, this will likely be similar, despite it technically is from a different company (Sony), I cannot believe 2000 people have bought this.
Just got my Endgame copy and expected it to be cheap but damn!!
This looks to be better value with the more thoughtful suitcase box and suitcase but still not worth the ever increasing price. Even if it did have my beloved 3d I would only get the standard steel.

Same here. 3D is crucial for my enjoyment of big blockbusters like the MCU films. I don't understand why they can't just make a small run of 3D discs so that everyone can be happy :rolleyes:.
Agreed
They should just sell standard bluray's then have the options for the 4k and 3d fans out there to get the extra discs.

Far From Home seems to be getting a regular 3D case release in the UK. I'm hoping that 3D might be included with the (zavvi and hmv) Steelbooks, as they apparently include an extra disc (3 discs zavvi, 2 discs hmv) whereas the regular Blu-ray case only has one disc. Doubt that they'd do a bonus disc exclusively just for the Steelbooks so that's why I hope the other disc is 3D.
Same but might cave for the ameray until there is a premium steelbook with 3d down the line

Wow that looks the best of Zavvi's collectors editions so far. I haven't paid attention to the others, do they come back in stock nearer the time of release?
Usually the week before release

I've definitely been put off buying these editions now since Captain Marvel. Unfortunately it was just a very awful product. Many others felt the same and artwork isn't that great really.
It has a bit of novelty value with the light up thing but as an overall product they are not very polished at all.

I'll take the digibooks, SMlife editions, etc over these any day.
If the price was around the 40 mark I think these would be fantastic. But when the keep selling out despite each edition creeping the price up, where is the incentive for zavvi to stop pumping these cheap things out?

Wow that looks the best of Zavvi's collectors editions so far. I haven't paid attention to the others, do they come back in stock nearer the time of release?

Pins and postcard art lets this down imo. Pins are So tacky looking and the art for the cards look rubbish

Just got the end game CE and personally it’s better than cap marvel but the pins feel so cheap. Cool images though

Far From Home seems to be getting a regular 3D case release in the UK. I'm hoping that 3D might be included with the (zavvi and hmv) Steelbooks, as they apparently include an extra disc (3 discs zavvi, 2 discs hmv) whereas the regular Blu-ray case only has one disc. Doubt that they'd do a bonus disc exclusively just for the Steelbooks so that's why I hope the other disc is 3D.

Initially I hoped for the same but the Endgame set has all bonus features on a single disc and that has made that a 3 disc set. This is sony though so in theory, they shouldn't do the same.
Fingers crossed.

Reactions: Blazerfires
Im bummed out.. I didnt see any pre order emails from Zavvi for the date it will go live and since I havent been here for a while I ended missing out on this. :(

I received the End Game version and I really wanted to have to Far from Home Collector... :(

Does anyone know if Film Arena will be makong another Collector edition for Far from Home like they did with Homecoming! The HomeComing FA Maniacs is one of my best Collectors I own and I really hope they are doing the same treatment for Far From Home.... If FA is making an epic collector like Homecoming then that will make me much happier on missing this one..

Any info if any other retailers are making an ultimate AMAZING collector edition... Any word if Blufans is making an epic edition? If Film Arena doesnt make another Collector for Far From Home and keeps it inconsistent I will be very disappointed..

Companies need to stay consistent and the first one sold well so they should definitely make it for the 2nd one.

Im bummed out.. I didnt see any pre order emails from Zavvi for the date it will go live and since I havent been here for a while I ended missing out on this. :(

I received the End Game version and I really wanted to have to Far from Home Collector... :(

Does anyone know if Film Arena will be makong another Collector edition for Far from Home like they did with Homecoming! The HomeComing FA Maniacs is one of my best Collectors I own and I really hope they are doing the same treatment for Far From Home.... If FA is making an epic collector like Homecoming then that will make me much happier on missing this one..

Any info if any other retailers are making an ultimate AMAZING collector edition... Any word if Blufans is making an epic edition? If Film Arena doesnt make another Collector for Far From Home and keeps it inconsistent I will be very disappointed..

Companies need to stay consistent and the first one sold well so they should definitely make it for the 2nd one.

Yes Thread Below

No Details yet as to what steelbook will look like

• Informative
Reactions: Alf_1
Same date as thor ragnarok's new 4k steelbook and that "mystery marvel steelbook"

I gotta say, normally i’m the first to give Zavvi a kicking.... but I must admit they’ve pulled something out of the bag here. Fair play :cigar:

Reactions: Raz316
Reactions: dfoles and Flloydo
I'm very impressed by the artwork. Definitely the steelbook I'll be going for.