Spider-Man: Far from Home (4K+3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (FilmArena Collection #128) [Czech Republic]

tommyh84

Not Mine
Premium Supporter
Apr 28, 2011
Release date: December 18, 2019 (E5) - February 27, 2020 (E1) - February 28, 2020 (E2) - March 2, 2020 (E3) - March 11, 2020 (E4)
Purchase links: E1 - E2 - E3 - E4 - E5A - E5B
Price: 1199 CZK (E1) - 1299 CZK (E2) - 1599 CZK (E3) - 5599 CZK (E4) - 1199 CZK (E5A) - 799 CZK (E5B)
Group buy: hosted by carllenc - E1- E2 - E3 - E4 - E5A - E5B
F8131CCB-8232-4B00-B7FA-E24A3D5BFBE4.jpeg898BE099-192C-452D-A047-D860B35203D3.jpeg8EB58EE7-AA8F-4A27-8855-9A278E206265.jpegF688A8AF-FB6B-4E89-AA1A-85181481A10F.jpeg
D02DB64F-DC0B-4C1E-AB8F-F2E3587309E4.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
The problem is when you've collected films from a series BEFORE FA introduced these damn XL slips.

Eg: the Terminator series. But T2 is XL compared to the rest.

Spiderman Homecoming wasn't XL but these are.....

You see the pattern now? I only purchase one edition of each film so when they mix XL slips into the series they start to look messy on your shelf...

FA had to NOT do an XL slip for the last Jurassic Park film for consistency. I don't know why they won't do it to all series who didn't start off in XL slips :(
It's an excellent point, and I agree they're apparently being inconsistent with that. But are they? If it's WEA it's going to be XL. For Jurassic World 2 they went with WWAs. I haven't checked but can you think of any examples where they used classic sized slips for a franchise AND that had WEA steels? I can't off the top of my head.

Regarding T2, you could see it as T2 being the most important Terminator in the franchise so it needs the extra space... OR it's making up for the missing T4 :LOL:

Reactions: BluSteel2012
Yep, but they did Covenant before the others. So they started off with classic sized slips, then went XL with the next ones.
My theory still holds water.

I'm lookiing for examples of a franchise that started with classic slips before XLs were a thing, and have since continued with the same size slip AND included WEA steels.
I don't think we're going to see that happen.

The pattern for FAC is, if they use WEA --> XL
If they use WWA and it's only one edition --> XL
If they use WWA and they get a hold of two different WWA steels --> hardbox, two classic sized slips. And even this might be on its way out now that we've seen the new Black Barons OC box. That may end up replacing their typical hardbox for two editions.

• Informative
Reactions: DudleyMan
Yep, but they did Covenant before the others. So they started off with classic sized slips, then went XL with the next ones.

I'm lookiing for examples of a franchise that started with classic slips before XLs were a thing, and have since continued with the same size slip AND included WEA steels.
I don't think we're going to see that happen.

The pattern for FAC is, if they use WEA --> XL
If they use WWA and it's only one edition --> XL
If they use WWA and they get a hold of two different WWA steels --> hardbox, two classic sized slips. And even this might be on its way out now that we've seen the new Black Barons OC box. That may end up replacing their typical hardbox for two editions.
i guess that is the point. We have 2-3 maniac sizes, 2-3 slip sizes and 2-3 hardbox sizes. Nothing is consistent at all

Reactions: BluSteel2012
i guess that is the point. We have 2-3 maniac sizes, 2-3 slip sizes and 2-3 hardbox sizes. Nothing is consistent at all
Granted, but the same could be said of other retailers too and I don't see that happening, yet it does happen in nearly all FAC threads.
FA kept it pretty consistent for nearly 100 releases, that's got to mean something. Transition period last year and this year. And more consistency going forward, as I imagine they will be XL only sooner or later.

Granted, but the same could be said of other retailers too and I don't see that happening, yet it does happen in nearly all FAC threads.
FA kept it pretty consistent for nearly 100 releases, that's got to mean something. Transition period last year and this year. And more consistency going forward, as I imagine they will be XL only sooner or later.
right going forward i assume it will be XL but i still see some releases with 1 edition, some with 2/HB and then 3/HB and Maniac too

Reactions: DMD4k
Well the cost went up by about $12-18 for them as well which makes them almost $70 before shipping for some editions when you used to be able to get them for under $35

That could also be from including more discs. The slips and extras are not expensive, I remember HDZeta (probably the closest premium slip retailer to FilmArena) couldn't secure enough undamaged BR2049 steelbooks so they sold just the slips with all extras for $15 each. The Steelbook and discs are the largest cost, and when you add more discs as nearly every XL slip does, it doesn’t stay the same price.

I prefer getting all the 4K and 3D and 2D and Bonus discs in a single package (saves $30 for buying a 3D copy here, $25 for buying store exclusive with a bonus disc there,) so a less than $20 premium for all discs and no lost extras is a pretty great deal to some folks who want a single ultimate package of a movie.

Every collector is here for different reasons, though. Higher cost does suck.

Reactions: Stygian
That could also be from including more discs. The slips and extras are not expensive, I remember HDZeta (probably the closest premium slip retailer to FilmArena) couldn't secure enough undamaged BR2049 steelbooks so they sold just the slips with all extras for $15 each. The Steelbook and discs are the largest cost, and when you add more discs as nearly every XL slip does, it doesn’t stay the same price.

I prefer getting all the 4K and 3D and 2D and Bonus discs in a single package (saves $30 for buying a 3D copy here, $25 for buying store exclusive with a bonus disc there,) so a less than $20 premium for all discs and no lost extras is a pretty great deal to some folks who want a single ultimate package of a movie.

Every collector is here for different reasons, though. Higher cost does suck.
Some yes but overall you just will never get a 599-699czk FAC releases anymore. The bottom is now 999czk I think

It should be the same as the Venom 5a/5b pricing since its just a steelbook and no extra slips and such. Alita pricing cant really be used since its not the same type of release

1099 (E5A) - 699 (E5B)

I haven't checked but can you think of any examples where they used classic sized slips for a franchise AND that had WEA steels? I can't off the top of my head.
Alien Covenant was WEA and slim, Prometheus and Alien are XL
That's your question answered right there.

So are you saying Covenant isn't part of the franchise? Just because they weren't released in order won't make any difference.

So you'll have Alien, Aliens, Alien III etc.. all XL slips and then Covenant will be slim....

Will look sh*t on the shelf!

It should be the same as the Venom 5a/5b pricing since its just a steelbook and no extra slips and such. Alita pricing cant really be used since its not the same type of release

1099 (E5A) - 699 (E5B)
My fault. I was comparing against the Black Barons WEA. I forgot that FAC put out WWA slips