Spider-Man: Far From Home (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Amazon Exclusive) [France]

Mar 7, 2019
Release date: November 13, 2019
Purchase link: Amazon FR
Price: €30.08

spiderman-far-from-home-steelbook-exclusivo-l_cover.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Too bad that French retailers are still releasing blu ray steelbooks :

Boîtier SteelBook limité exclusif Amazon - Blu-ray + DVD:banghead: what is the deal with the DVD ?? , why why why, we have entered the 21 st century, people have 4K TV's , 8K is coming up, we have high definition blu ray players and still: Blu -ray + DVD :arghh:

Add a 4K disc, or add a 3D disc or add a complete blu ray with full special features of the movie , 3 hours long, I do not care but add an extra blu ray disc, common people, dvd is the past, move on

Now on a more positive note, I like the art work :thanks:

• Thanks
Reactions: St4rlord

Boîtier SteelBook limité exclusif Amazon - Blu-ray + DVD:banghead: what is the deal with the DVD ?? , why why why, we have entered the 21 st century, people have 4K TV's , 8K is coming up, we have high definition blu ray players and still: Blu -ray + DVD :arghh:

Add a 4K disc, or add a 3D disc or add a complete blu ray with full special features of the movie , 3 hours long, I do not care but add an extra blu ray disc, common people, dvd is the past, move on

Agreed. You gotta roll with the times and eventually, regardless of what format you have in your collection or how old it is, you become forced to keep up with the latest media whether you like it or not. Like Thanos... It's inevitable!
Some will say they are 3D only and don't want to own 4K TVs etc and vice versa but at some point they too will move onto something better (oops... I opened up Pandora's box there!)

Reactions: Xenomorph

Are you aware DVD still outsells Blu-ray
UHD discs number of discs sold is still tiny globally
DVD discs sells more than Blu-ray and UHD discs combined

Year ending 2018 Globally
USA/International Market
DVD Discs was 57.9% of physical disc market
Blu-ray 36.8%
UHD 5.3%

Subscription Streaming Overtakes Physical disc transactions
Digital Streaming/On Demand revenue has overtaken Physical Discs DVD/Blu-ray/UHD

Huge increase of 4K Tv's in homes and soon there will be 8K Tv's but this does not mean there will be a big increase of purchases of Blu-ray or UHD Discs
Sales of physical discs are dropping each year
Huge difference 5 years ago there been a drop of 50% in revenue 2014 - 2019 of physical discs purchased
Most homes are now streaming HD/4K content on 4K Tv's than purchasing Physical Discs

UK market as an example
https://www.mediaplaynews.com/subsc...akes-physical-digital-transactions-in-the-uk/

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: Mararagan
The problem is that most people buy DVDs and watch them on a 4KTV, and they don't even know there are BD4K players or UHD discs.......

USA/International Market
Blu-ray 36.8%
UHD 5.3%

Digital Streaming/On Demand revenue has overtaken Physical Discs DVD/Blu-ray/UHD

Huge increase of 4K Tv's in homes and soon there will be 8K Tv's but this does not mean there will be a big increase of purchases of Blu-ray or UHD Discs
Huge difference 5 years ago there been a drop of 50% in revenue 2014 - 2019 of physical discs purchased
Most homes are now streaming HD/4K content on 4K Tv's than purchasing Physical Discs

UK market as an example
https://www.mediaplaynews.com/subsc...akes-physical-digital-transactions-in-the-uk/

:OMG::OMG::OMG: that DVD sales is shocking 58% really?? Who buys DVD today? I dont know anybody around, where are those people lol......I mean it was obvious DVD still selling, but come on, 58% :confused::confused:

:OMG::OMG::OMG: that DVD sales is shocking 58% really?? Who buys DVD today? I dont know anybody around, where are those people lol......I mean it was obvious DVD still selling, but come on, 58% :confused::confused:
UK Market is now slightly better than USA for % of UHD discs sold but USA has a much bigger market for DVD/Blu-ray so the USA UHD % share drops for this reason
2018 - to date UK now has 13% UHD disc sales a 10% increase on 2018 sales

UK spent $523.5 million on DVD discs year ending 2018
UK Total spend DVD/Blu-ray/UHD combined was $691.1 Million
$145.7 million on Blu-ray and $21.9 million on 4K UHD

Sales of total physical discs for DVD/Blu-ray/UHD combined are dropping each year
UHD disc sales yes will see % increase of market share over time but will never reach levels that DVD/Blu-ray reached in 2014

4K Tv's most are using the streaming ability to watch 4K video content using likes of Netflix/Prime Video etc and subscription TV services of Sky/BT/Virgin etc
There is lot more 4K content to stream/download than there is to purchase on UHD Physical Discs

I still purchase physical discs and yes DVD on occasions as some content has not been released on Blu-ray

We as collector's of Physical Discs will still be around for a good while yet but Streaming/On Demand has overtaken physical discs sales for Music/Video content

Video Streaming market globally is estimated to be worth $124.57 billion by 2025

USA/International Market
Blu-ray 36.8%
UHD 5.3%

UK market as an example

hello Paul, yes I am aware that the dvd sales are still outselling blu rays in UK /US and also in the netherlands

I also know that digital streaming overtakes the physical disc transactions

what I do not understand, is this and maybe I am thinking to small

The people who buy actual blu rays (be it amaray discs :vomit::cry::banghead:) or steelbooks :woot::thumbs: they want the best quality, they do not look at a movie on dvd disc

the actual people who still buy physical dvd disc/boxes will not buy a blu ray steelbook because they will buy the dvd amaray or dvd box, at least that is what I assume ??!

then why add a dvd to a blu ray product (steelbook ) , this does not make sense to me
do they actual think it will increase the sale of the blu ray steelbook because a dvd is added??
it is a mystery to me

but again, maybe I am looking this from wrong perspective??

hello Paul, yes I am aware that the dvd sales are still outselling blu rays in UK /US and also in the netherlands

I also know that digital streaming overtakes the physical disc transactions

what I do not understand, is this and maybe I am thinking to small

The people who buy actual blu rays (be it amaray discs :vomit::cry::banghead:) or steelbooks :woot::thumbs: they want the best quality, they do not look at a movie on dvd disc

the actual people who still buy physical dvd disc/boxes will not buy a blu ray steelbook because they will buy the dvd amaray or dvd box, at least that is what I assume ??!

then why add a dvd to a blu ray product (steelbook ) , this does not make sense to me
do they actual think it will increase the sale of the blu ray steelbook because a dvd is added??
it is a mystery to me

but again, maybe I am looking this from wrong perspective??
My guess is they are catering to people who currently are still on DVD but eventually will move onto blu-ray, in which case they only need to buy it once. I don't have a 4K setup but there are times that I have gone for a 4K release because of the exclusive artwork / steelbook / edition and know that I can still watch the movie as a normal blu-ray is still included. Granted I haven't seen many releases that come with both a blu-ray and a DVD anymore so they are probably on the way out, though for some reason there's still plenty of new DVD releases that do not have a corresponding blu-ray release.