Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) [UK]

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release date: April 22, 2019
Purchase links: Zoom - Zavvi - HMV (in stores only)
Price: £29.99

uhdrf3832sb_1.jpg
uhdrf3832sb_4.jpguhdrf3832sb_5.jpguhdrf3832sb_2.jpguhdrf3832sb_3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Thanks
Reactions: goufcustom
HMV need to bring back on-line store for ordering

There is not enough stores to be instore only for releases
If customers don't have store that is reasonable distance to them they will shop elsewhere
On-line Store provides a lot of extras sales especially from customers that don't have a HMV store in their town and from customers not in a position for various reasons to be going to high street for shopping

The on-line shop business was making a profit compared to the high street stores that was not making a profit when HMV went into administration in December 2018
HMV was getting a lot of orders from Rep Of Ireland using AddressPal or Parcel Motel as a UK address
UK customers also used the on-line shop a lot to order releases
A lot of these customers simply did not have a HMV store to goto and made up a lot of HMV revenue each year

If HMV don't bring back the on-line store they will be likely heading to administration again in 12-24 months

• Thanks
Reactions: ChrisIW
I'm afraid the return of an online store is unlikely, didn't they make their warehouse staff redundant and close the warehouse?
I use to get all my HMV steelbooks online, now I will have to go to either High Wycombe or Milton Keynes from Aylesbury and be lucky that they are actually in store!
I agree, without an online store administration will beckon yet again!

I spoke to HMV customer service this week about outstanding orders. He did say that they were hoping to get the online store back up and running “by the end of this quarter”. Fingers crossed.
I'm afraid the return of an online store is unlikely, didn't they make their warehouse staff redundant and close the warehouse?
I use to get all my HMV steelbooks online, now I will have to go to either High Wycombe or Milton Keynes from Aylesbury and be lucky that they are actually in store!
I agree, without an online store administration will beckon yet again!

Don't know if it was because I was an ex-employee or because I purchased from the site but received an administrators letter in the post to confirm the online site was closed and all orders were cancelled. Can't see them surviving again until this gets sorted

Well, they sent me an e-mail regarding Aquaman and Dr Who steels, but because the site closed down, I ordered elsewhere. I then got an e-mail regarding them both. I phoned them and asked to cancel both orders, which they did. I got chatting to the guy, who said they were trying to fulfill most of the outstanding orders even though the site was down, but they were in the process of getting it up and running, with a view to have it ready by end of March-beginning April time. I sincerely hope so as I never had any problems with HMV online and don’t have a local store.

Anyone able to do a GB for this? I much prefer the art to Zavvi's.

I could for you, but I won't be able to get to a store until the following weekend after the Monday release. Assuming they still have some in stock at a local ish store. If you get stuck let me know and I'll try for you. Unfortunately, they've closed the Oxford Street branch in London or I could've got one for you on release day.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Noodles
I could for you, but I won't be able to get to a store until the following weekend after the Monday release. Assuming they still have some in stock at a local ish store. If you get stuck let me know and I'll try for you. Unfortunately, they've closed the Oxford Street branch in London or I could've got one for you on release day.
Thanks buddy, I really appreciate it! Think I'm covered now anyway, but will let you know if anything changes. :)

Wish I'd done the same now! I should've known Zavvi would get the worst art. :rolleyes:

I just ordered both and waited for the art to be shown. Think because Germany had so many it looked like we would get 2 art choices

• Thanks
I just ordered both and waited for the art to be shown. Think because Germany had so many it looked like we would get 2 art choices
Think I did the same, but then cancelled all my HMV orders once they went into administration.

I’ve also text you about it
Yep, got it mate cheers! Just haven't had the chance to reply yet. That's what I meant when I said "I'm covered" by the way... so my answer to your offer of helping me out is "YES PLEASE!" :D :notworthy:

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
Think I did the same, but then cancelled all my HMV orders once they went into administration.

Yep, got it mate cheers! Just haven't had the chance to reply yet. That's what I meant when I said "I'm covered" by the way... so my answer to your offer of helping me out is "YES PLEASE!" :D:notworthy:

Oddly I did cancel overlord and Halloween with them but forgot with spidey.

Ohhh lol. Cool beans. Yeah it’s all good

• Thanks
For anyone looking to go in-store to pre-order, went into FOPP Covent Garden (owned by HMV apparently) today and said they couldn't take any pre-orders since there wasn't a release date yet, not sure if it was due to not being a 'proper' HMV or maybe who I spoke to but worth mentioning in case someone was planning on making a trek, although your mileage may vary. Looks like I'm going in store on release day now!!

(Have got this design coming from FilmArena though so hopefully should still be sorted :rolleyes: )