Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) [UK]

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release date: April 22, 2019
Purchase links: Zoom - Zavvi - HMV (in stores only)
Price: £29.99

uhdrf3832sb_1.jpg
uhdrf3832sb_4.jpguhdrf3832sb_5.jpguhdrf3832sb_2.jpguhdrf3832sb_3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Thanks
Reactions: goufcustom
Yep sold out already. Zavvi superhero movies are selling out in less than a day now. The only one not selling out is Captain Marvel.
... apart from the 2 giftsets of course . . . other issue could be that there's no conformed artwork in the UK + of we get the same as the US the artwork may be adequate for a slip but isn't ideal for a steelbook front.

• Thanks
Reactions: Stygian
Spider-Man has been up on zavvi for like two months though
This particular design was previously only listed at HMV as an exclusive (now in-store only sadly) and only popped up yesterday on Zoom (as far as I'm aware) as it was only yesterday in the AM that I had notification from them ... I think yesterday also first time for Zavvi too.

• Thanks
Reactions: Stygian
This version (the original HMV edition) has sold out because it’s shared between retailers, I assume whoever ordered with HMV and did not cancel before their administration still have it on pre order meaning less stock went to zavvi, zoom etc over the past few days plus it’s 4K also and much better art than zavvis standard 2d version

Not that hard to work out why it sold out on zavvi tbh

It's still available to order with Zoom
I would not be surprised if this also shows up on Amazon UK at some stage before or after release date

Zavvi would only been provided with a very limited amount of stock

Zavvi might get more stock after release date like they have done with some other recent previously HMV exclusives that came back in stock after release date if Sony have stock still available by then

Depends on how many HMV have ordered for their stores

Does anyone know if HMV'S Spiderman steelbook is an exclusive with different art, or if it is the same as the one available from zavvi and zoom?

Does anyone know if HMV'S Spiderman steelbook is an exclusive with different art, or if it is the same as the one available from zavvi and zoom?
There are 2 steelbooks

4K/2D steelbook is now trade wide release this steelbook is available from HMV/Zavvi/Zoom
HMV instore (Existing pre orders done on-line before HMV went into administration will be covered by HMV as in orders will be processed and shipped)
You can pre order 4K/2D steelbook with On-line Websites Zavvi/Zoom
Zavvi have sold out for now but likely will have more stock after release date but it's still available to pre order from Zoom

4K/2D steelbook was previously a HMV exclusive but that has now changed as in it's no longer a HMV exclusive

4K/2D Steelbook
406620-f91d063c556afb9a1c8549a0f4b79c51.jpg

The other steelbook is Zavvi exclusive in UK
2D Steelbook
11997870-7124655865045156.jpg

Last edited:
  • Helpful Post
Reactions: levi
Really like this release over the Best Buy. When is that Amazon.co.uk link gonna appear?

Dispatched from Zoom here too. Super excited to rewatch this one... easily in my Top 3 of last year.

Anyone had a dispatched email from Zavvi yet?

No, I was emailed the following from Zavvi on Thursday:

We are sorry to let you know that Spider-Man: Into The Spider-Verse 4K Ultra HD (Includes 2D Blu-ray) Limited Edition SteelBook was dispatched late from the supplier which has caused a slight delay. Due to the Bank Holiday we are expecting your order to arrive with you Thursday/Friday next week.

Looking forward to finally giving it a watch

Wasn't expecting this to be delivered until next week due to the holidays and HMV never deliver early