Release: November 4, 2014
Price: $139.99
Purchase: Amazon

KUBRICK.jpg

Attachments

• thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 140
That's a really nice looking set but it's still not the complete collection. Spartacus, Paths Of Glory and The Killing are missing. It is a little pricey and I already have The Ultimate Filmmaker Collection so I will have to pass on this.

Yeah, bit of a pointless set really... lost count of how many Kubrick collections there are now. Still, I want it! :p

I wonder why they dropped Spartacus from this set. Maybe Universal were asking for more?

It looks very nice, and I'm infatuated with Kubrick so I really want this. Don't know about that price though...

I wonder why they dropped Spartacus from this set. Maybe Universal were asking for more?

It looks very nice, and I'm infatuated with Kubrick so I really want this. Don't know about that price though...

Yeah Spartacus is Universal, they managed to get Dr Strangelove though and that was Sony pictures I believe.

Yeah Spartacus is Universal, they managed to get Dr Strangelove though and that was Sony pictures I believe.

That was what made the current Kubrick boxset from Warner so impressive. Sure it's missing the early movies (but Criterion and Kino have taken care of that), but it was more or less comprehensive and even included discs from a different studio. This while looking amazing, is a step behind in that regard.

barrylyndon.png

Pretty nice setting, I'll take a little moment to express the reason why of all the blu-ray collectibles, Kubrick's si the only one that I'd pay that price. Certainly for me, the most beautiful photography is on Barry Lyndon, which only used natural light, and a modified Zeiss lens with a F0.7. This challenging test resulted in a very beautiful and realistic picture, visualy a masterpiece. Is not because that all of the other Kubrick's films were not magistraly photographed, but, this one was a challenge which that was magically performed. It was almost a documentary. The influence of the 19th century realistic novel is the soul of the picture's narrative. Everytime I watch this film, I feel a very deep, organic conection, with the ambient and the character of Redmond Barry. The most powerful scene is the Redmond vs. Lord Bullingdon duel, were we are right in the middle of the fight, with uncontralable nerves. This and more reasons are why we ought to have a Blu-ray especial collection of Kubricks films. I know I just gave you a little example of only one of hsi amazing films, but this was intetional; if I write about the other films you'll get bored and maybe somebody thinks I'm kind of a spoiler. In conclusion every Kubrick film must be watched in Blu-ray, (most of all Barry Lyndon) and the best way to do it, is by purchasing this Masterpiece Collection. If I had the moeny I'd buy it, but I'm saving for my Blu-ray player so... If you know of some standar player, please make me notice. Maybe Christmas is the right time to rock the night away, yeah! LOL.

Last edited:
Reactions: Manqu
Just got this from Entertainment Store UK £69.99 arrived damaged:angry:
The disc trays are awful thin plastic one was cracked with a piece snapped off and the outer box was dented due to poor packaging.
When will these retailers realise that these are collectibles. No protection at all with packaging no bubble wrap nothing £69.99 thought i had a bargain wish i hadn't bothered.
Not impressed with the quality overall it's barely worth the £69.99
Kubrick deserves better. It's going back for a refund:grumpy:

Just got this from Entertainment Store UK £69.99 arrived damaged:angry:
The disc trays are awful thin plastic one was cracked with a piece snapped off and the outer box was dented due to poor packaging.
When will these retailers realise that these are collectibles. No protection at all with packaging no bubble wrap nothing £69.99 thought i had a bargain wish i hadn't bothered.
Not impressed with the quality overall it's barely worth the £69.99
Kubrick deserves better. It's going back for a refund:grumpy:
Sorry to hear that mate, I wish these items were packaged properly. There's nothing more annoying than getting damaged stuff when it could be avoided with better packaging.:(

Sorry to hear that mate, I wish these items were packaged properly. There's nothing more annoying than getting damaged stuff when it could be avoided with better packaging.:(
Hi Simon
To be fair i rang Entertainment store and the person i spoke to was brilliant gave me a Freepost address to send it back for full refund or said they would send replacement to arrive monday he even said if second one arrives the same to send back no questions. Im getting refund for now also he asked about my Enter The Dragon Steelbook which was shipped last sunday and still not arrived.
Totally got the collector thing and understood because it wasn't mint that it was not acceptable.
Told me Play.Com will cease to exist soon and will just be Rakuten.co.uk
Anyway he said i could ring him if i decide i want a replacement & said he would chase up my steelbook if it doesnt arrive by tommorow.
Good customer service was really surprised.

Reactions: Sigill
Hi Simon
To be fair i rang Entertainment store and the person i spoke to was brilliant gave me a Freepost address to send it back for full refund or said they would send replacement to arrive monday he even said if second one arrives the same to send back no questions. Im getting refund for now also he asked about my Enter The Dragon Steelbook which was shipped last sunday and still not arrived.
Totally got the collector thing and understood because it wasn't mint that it was not acceptable.
Told me Play.Com will cease to exist soon and will just be Rakuten.co.uk
Anyway he said i could ring him if i decide i want a replacement & said he would chase up my steelbook if it doesnt arrive by tommorow.
Good customer service was really surprised.
I'm glad the customer service was good, I hope you get it sorted out mate.:thumbs:

Reactions: Travis Bickle
barrylyndon.png

Pretty nice setting, I'll take a little moment to express the reason why of all the blu-ray collectibles, Kubrick's si the only one that I'd pay that price. Certainly for me, the most beautiful photography is on Barry Lyndon, which only used natural light, and a modified Zeiss lens with a F0.7. This challenging test resulted in a very beautiful and realistic picture, visualy a masterpiece. Is not because that all of the other Kubrick's films were not magistraly photographed, but, this one was a challenge which that was magically performed. It was almost a documentary. The influence of the 19th century realistic novel is the soul of the picture's narrative. Everytime I watch this film, I feel a very deep, organic conection, with the ambient and the character of Redmond Barry. The most powerful scene is the Redmond vs. Lord Bullingdon duel, were we are right in the middle of the fight, with uncontralable nerves. This and more reasons are why we ought to have a Blu-ray especial collection of Kubricks films. I know I just gave you a little example of only one of hsi amazing films, but this was intetional; if I write about the other films you'll get bored and maybe somebody thinks I'm kind of a spoiler. In conclusion every Kubrick film must be watched in Blu-ray, (most of all Barry Lyndon) and the best way to do it, is by purchasing this Masterpiece Collection. If I had the moeny I'd buy it, but I'm saving for my Blu-ray player so... If you know of some standar player, please make me notice. Maybe Christmas is the right time to rock the night away, yeah! LOL.

Hello, sorry,I couldn´t answer you earlier. Thanks for your comments about this Edition and Kubrick´s movie "Barry Lyndon" I have to confess,it is a very long time ago,I´d seen this movie but I´´m totally agree with you.In genaral to me, is Kubrick one of the best Directos of all time.The uniqueness how as
he worked is very impressive.Unfortunately this movie was not to much popular as the others! And by the way, I can´t get boring to talk about Kubrick,vice versa!!
There are a lot of blu-ray player you can buy for good money.It depends how much do you want to spend or what kind of player do you like? :happy: