Premium Supporter
Jul 20, 2016
Canada
Release date: December 6, 2022
Purchase links: Amazon
Price: $51.99

911E1nuu1iL._SL1500_.jpg

Reactions: kaw
I'm surprised it's already on the 4th season.
10-15 years ago I'd jump on any Star Trek show, now there's 5 of them, and I don't want to see a single episode of any of them.
Might buy Picard, just because there's a lot of old characters there, but I hear they're being destroyed, just like everything else in this 'main' series.

• Thanks
Reactions: Bunk
But the show must be interesting enough to you to have stayed with it through Seasons 1, 2 and 3 to get to season 4.
It’s weird because each season shows promise? And then finds new ways to bungle it.

I stuck through series 1 so that I could get through to season 2 for Captain Pike’s introduction. And while Season 2 started off with some genuine promise, it suffered from dropped plot threads- inconsistent writing, and an absolutely IDIOTIC ending that ignored both narrative rules and the laws the of physics.

Season 3 *rebooted* the show a little and I had HOPED such a drastic change in setting would allow the show more room to be *itself*? And it did, but it just dragged so much that I can’t see myself revisiting it.

Season 4 had the most optimistic outlook, and it actually started to feel like STAR TREK with its objective being to understand and to communicate. But the distance between the first episode’s *hook* and the season’s climactic finale was just too meandering and uninteresting to be captivating.

10-15 years ago I'd jump on any Star Trek show, now there's 5 of them, and I don't want to see a single episode of any of them.
Might buy Picard, just because there's a lot of old characters there, but I hear they're being destroyed, just like everything else in this 'main' series.

Hate to say it, but Picard is the worst out of all of them (IMO). First season is ok... but the 2nd is outright horrible.

If you're going to watch anything, check out Strange New Worlds. It's the best out of all the new series.

Hate to say it, but Picard is the worst out of all of them (IMO). First season is ok... but the 2nd is outright horrible.

If you're going to watch anything, check out Strange New Worlds. It's the best out of all the new series.
Yes, I had a feeling Strange New Worlds was the least 'offensive', thanks.

You should stop listening to the Fandom Menace YouTube grifters

Sadly I watched a few episodes of Discovery and lasted 20 minutes with Picard. Yep they were bad.... I honestly couldn't put my finger on why I disliked them so much but they simply didn't engage me...

Reactions: Lenny Nero
You should stop listening to the Fandom Menace YouTube grifters
I don't, I'm just agreeing with their arguments.
I'm pretty 'woke' from before that was even a thing, and supported any disruptuve 'current thing' before widespread internet and Twitter, lived without parental supervision since 14 in various countries, drank coffee and did my homework in a Hustler store on Sunset, went to 'obscene' parties with my gay sister, there were never any authorities or churches for me, and all that... BUT, I don't like when decades old established and defined characters are being humiliated, behave like fools, or ignorant children, scream and curse without subordinance, when events from the past are overturned, or their importance made insignificant, in order to build up some new arrogant, yet empty and undeserving new characters, at the expense of all that was built before.
Please, make your own, whole separate space show, and do whatever you want there, but don't tack on a famous IP just to dismantle and ruin it.
I will give it a chance someday, I'm just saying it's far from being a priority now.

Reactions: jailbird_joey
I don't, I'm just agreeing with their arguments.
I'm pretty 'woke' from before that was even a thing, and supported any disruptuve 'current thing' before widespread internet and Twitter, lived without parental supervision since 14 in various countries, drank coffee and did my homework in a Hustler store on Sunset, went to 'obscene' parties with my gay sister, there were never any authorities or churches for me, and all that... BUT, I don't like when decades old established and defined characters are being humiliated, behave like fools, or ignorant children, scream and curse without subordinance, when events from the past are overturned, or their importance made insignificant, in order to build up some new arrogant, yet empty and undeserving new characters, at the expense of all that was built before.
Please, make your own, whole separate space show, and do whatever you want there, but don't tack on a famous IP just to dismantle and ruin it.
I will give it a chance someday, I'm just saying it's far from being a priority now.
I suggest you replace, "Cossack", with:
"lived without parental supervision since 14"