Star Trek: Discovery - Season One (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: November 19, 2018
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order live August 24 at 12 PM UK - BST time)
Price: £34.99

11858148-1104605123285021.jpg

11858148-1184605123246138.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: hoppusdelonge
11858148-1104605123285021.jpg 11858148-1184605123246138.jpg

Bonus Features

• Discovering Discovery: The Concepts and Casting of Star Trek: Discovery
  • The Star Trek Theme
  • Creature Comforts
  • Designing Discovery
  • Creating Space
  • Prop Me Up
  • Feeding Frenzy
  • A Female Touch
  • Dress for Success
  • Star Trek Discovery: The Voyage of Season One
  • Deleted and Extended Scenes

Now that they're using a Star Trek style front cover for SOLO: A STAR WARS STORY only fair that Star Trek is using a STAR WARS style cover . . .

Reactions: Suspi
Preordered as soon as I saw the tweets that this was available at Zavvi. Looks to be a gorgeous steelbook.

Link and discount code have been disabled on this release it was working for a few min after going live

You will have to wait until after release date to use discount code

Reactions: lights
I watched a few episodes on Netflix and dear God it was awful. Dire writing, easy the worst Star Trek I have ever seen. Whatever complaints I had about Enterprise were minor compared to this. And don't even get me started on the visual style of the show. It's like doing a prequel to Gone with the Wind and everyone is driving Ford Fiestas and wearing 50's clothes. Prime Universe it is not........ To be fair I feel the same way about Dr Who and Star Wars these days. I've put Star Trek Discovery under "avoid like the plague" and from what I hear It mightn't even get a second season as previews for the shorts have been so hostile..... Also Netflix won't pay the asking price they want for season 2....

I watched a few episodes on Netflix and dear God it was awful. Dire writing, easy the worst Star Trek I have ever seen. Whatever complaints I had about Enterprise were minor compared to this. And don't even get me started on the visual style of the show. It's like doing a prequel to Gone with the Wind and everyone is driving Ford Fiestas and wearing 50's clothes. Prime Universe it is not........ To be fair I feel the same way about Dr Who and Star Wars these days. I've put Star Trek Discovery under "avoid like the plague" and from what I hear It mightn't even get a second season as previews for the shorts have been so hostile..... Also Netflix won't pay the asking price they want for season 2....

Not that it seems you're the audience for this, but Season 2 is already happening

thats strange just read a story says complete oppoiste of what you just put down with release dates etc also does have SPOLIERS for season one in story app i just read first bit saying is all coming back jan 2019

have read yourself
written on 30 oct
http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/star-t...-2-release-date-cast-episodes-klingon-theory/

i get and watch with an open mind still nothing like a blind buy.

basil :thumbs:

havent seen this as was a netflix special, question is was it any good?

comments please?

basil :thumbs:

It's DIRE! Star Trek for the PC #MeToo generation and it's stamped down your throat! Watched all of season 1 but won't be bothering with it again. Beyond bad!

Wow this one really divides opinion. Put me in the I liked it column. Not amazing but I certainly don't understand the vitriol towards it either. I think in most cases if you watch it with realistic expectations you'll enjoy it just fine.