Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Feb 10, 2020
Release date: September 7, 2020
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order on June 11 at 9 AM for Red Carpet, at 12 PM for general release - UK Time)
Price: £29.99

12607341-9144775116183020.jpg

12607341-9684775116370001.jpg 12607341-1474775116309800.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
this one's gotta be second to a new hope.

That's quite unexpected. Could be the great artwork, or just that there's more awareness of the line now. Nonetheless its good to see there's still a lot of love for the prequels amongst all the hate they receive.

So where does this one rank on sell out time? If I recall correctly Empire took nearly 24 hours?
I always order steelbooks through the HDN link in the OP but for some reason it wouldn't let me in so ordered through another forum at 16:24 after it "sold out" at 12:17.

I always order steelbooks through the HDN link in the OP but for some reason it wouldn't let me in so ordered through another forum at 16:24 after it "sold out" at 12:17.
Hi Def Ninja website was down yesterday morning no one could access HDN until just before 17.30

Zavvi has been taking payment for pre-orders 2 weeks in advance of some release dates for SteelBooks lately so if anybody is still thinking of cancelling this I recommend doing it very soon.

I'd cancel to re-order if they bring it back in stock since i need to change my delivery address but I don't wanna risk not getting it when they come back in stock.

I'd cancel to re-order if they bring it back in stock since i need to change my delivery address but I don't wanna risk not getting it when they come back in stock.
Yeah, I've just cancelled all my preorders for the prequel trilogy.

These were released too quickly and close together. I'm not justifying spending another €100+ on these films in the next couple of weeks. Especially when I have the previous steelbooks and I can put that money towards something else.

The nonsense over the last few weeks with the original trilogy really put me off these aswell......

Perfect example for me of not matter how good the steelbook this is by far the worst star wars film along with the other 2 prequel, and so will not be touching this with a proverbial barge pole.

Yeah, I've just cancelled all my preorders for the prequel trilogy.

These were released too quickly and close together. I'm not justifying spending another €100+ on these films in the next couple of weeks. Especially when I have the previous steelbooks and I can put that money towards something else.

The nonsense over the last few weeks with the original trilogy really put me off these aswell......
Yeah, I wish Zaavi would have spread out the releases a bit. Thanks to Austian customs deciding to charge me extra for each shipment all of a sudden (5+ years of ordering from Zaavi I've never been charged extra, now both ANH and ESB have been checked...) I'm paying 50+ EUR per Steelbook. Makes 150 EUR for just 3 Steels this month... Gonna bite through the prequel trilogy as well but will pass on all the others.

• Wow
Reactions: BluSteel2012
Yeah, I wish Zaavi would have spread out the releases a bit. Thanks to Austian customs deciding to charge me extra for each shipment all of a sudden (5+ years of ordering from Zaavi I've never been charged extra, now both ANH and ESB have been checked...) I'm paying 50+ EUR per Steelbook. Makes 150 EUR for just 3 Steels this month... Gonna bite through the prequel trilogy as well but will pass on all the others.
Wow, yeah that's a lot. They should have been spread out over 6 months at least.

I wonder if they'll ever come back in stock?

Last edited: