Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of The Sith (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: October 12, 2020
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order will be live on July 9 around 9 AM for Red Carpet subscribers, 12 PM general sale - UK time )
Price: £29.99

12643676-1204782159747516.jpg

12643676-1904782159566103.jpg
12643676-8544782159823557.jpg
12643676-1254782159874059.jpg

Last edited:
That's really interesting to see the slip it comes with, I've been curious about that. Another reminder of how I really don't like the new age rating logo though.

Great artwork, each release makes the choice of artwork for Ep5 more and more puzzling. It must be a licensing issue of some sort

this is the best so far!!!

I like them all bar 5 but I think 1 and 2 looks the best. The best out of them all I have to say is defo phantom menace. They got it 100% right with that poster (I mean originally - not Disney/ zavvi). Something about darth maul always got me. For a villain who gets about 10 minutes screen time if that, has such a iconic look and impact. He’s great and he’s soo well placed on that poster with the colours of his face

Last edited:
I can't remember who it was, but someone suggested it was a diversity issue, with Billy D Williams not appearing on the original Gone with the Wind artwork. That seems like the most likely explanation I've heard so far for ESB being different.

Reactions: jonnybobbytimmy
With Disney's ownership now, I can't think of many reasons why they wouldn't have used the classic artwork, except something like diversity. From that post that I read, Billy D Williams did complain about at the time, leading to it being changed. Nothing else I've read seems like a reasonable explanation for the lack of consistency in the artwork for ESB.

It really blows my mind that the back of this Steelbook isn’t a shot of Anakin and Obi-Wan clashing lightsabers on Mustafar.

Instead we go with Grevious.

All the back arts have been shots of a character/characters, not action moments.

The only reason that I can think of EV being different is to stand out with it being it’s 40th anniversary.
Totally f-ing stupid unless (and this is just wishing) it’s just an anniversary slip and the real artwork is being safely hidden underneath ;)

• Haha
Reactions: DMD4k
With Disney's ownership now, I can't think of many reasons why they wouldn't have used the classic artwork, except something like diversity. From that post that I read, Billy D Williams did complain about at the time, leading to it being changed. Nothing else I've read seems like a reasonable explanation for the lack of consistency in the artwork for ESB.

Can't use Gone with the Wind. BLM. Disney is strictly against racism...

hang on a sec...

Another reminder of how I really don't like the new age rating logo though.
UK gets/got a new age rating logo? Interesting. At first glance at the final steelbook w/J-Card I thought it was the Scandinavian age rating, thus confirming the steel(s) would be released elsewhere, too. Thanks for clearing that up!

Reactions: Kinggoose