Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (FNAC Exclusive) [France]

Feb 10, 2020
Release date: April 28, 2021
Purchase link: FNAC
Price: €29.99

1611615905928.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Great news, noone has to pay exorbitant eBay prices anymore.
Honestly, i think this will become available everywhere, can’t believe Disney won’t milk Star Wars fans in US with those nice Steelbooks

I already completed my Zavvi set, but hopefully anyone who buys these from FNAC won't go through the same BS that the rest of us went through with Zavvi, I do prefer English on the 1/4 slips, though.

Reactions: hatredhorror
Hi

What's the package like from FNAC i've never ordered from them.
i ordered the six MCU x Mondo steelbooks from them on monday the week of christmas and got them saturday of that week via DHL international express.

they were all shipped together, in a low profile box but not packed very snug, stacked in two stacks of three. i added gift wrapping as a precaution like i usually do when ordering from big retailers outside the USA, though it doesn't seem like you can add gift wrap with these star wars ones, so maybe it was just a holiday thing. no damage on any of the steels, only one disc was dislodged from the hub when i opened them.

i ordered the six MCU x Mondo steelbooks from them on monday the week of christmas and got them saturday of that week via DHL international express.

they were all shipped together, in a low profile box but not packed very snug, stacked in two stacks of three. i added gift wrapping as a precaution like i usually do when ordering from big retailers outside the USA, though it doesn't seem like you can add gift wrap with these star wars ones, so maybe it was just a holiday thing. no damage on any of the steels, only one disc was dislodged from the hub when i opened them.
so they were just floating around in the box.

so they were just floating around in the box.
yeah. the box is about 8" x 13" x 2" with decent cardboard stock. i've only seen one horror story of a crunched package of an order similar to mine (albeit without gift wrapping, which seemed to keep them from floating as freely in my order). the key difference for me is really the expedited shipping. compared to zavvi where up to 11 different parcels would just move through the mailstream with no associated tracking numbers for like...15 days.

Reactions: blusteel980
yeah. the box is about 8" x 13" x 2" with decent cardboard stock. i've only seen one horror story of a crunched package of an order similar to mine (albeit without gift wrapping, which seemed to keep them from floating as freely in my order). the key difference for me is really the expedited shipping. compared to zavvi where up to 11 different parcels would just move through the mailstream with no associated tracking numbers for like...15 days.
Hi

What's the package like from FNAC i've never ordered from them.

Here a photo. It's a good package, I never have damage steelbook it's better than amazon. I don't think the steelbook is floating, the box is large but not too high. [sorry I'm french !]

Attachments

• IMG_20210126_093336.jpg
    IMG_20210126_093336.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 163
Reactions: blusteel980

I had the same order and my box arrived pretty mangled despite shipping pretty quickly using the DHL Service also. It was so damaged that they had to tape it back up, and unfortunately it was missing 4 of the 6 steels.
The problem is not the packaging (although the steelbooks run around in the box) but the customer service.
This is where I'm stuck at now... I was able to message them and report the 4 missing steels, but they only made a replacement order for 1 of them. I got back in and was able to get the other 3 reported missing and then they asked me for all these pictures and hand-written note about the request. My 1 replacement steel wound up being returned to them through the Customs release process with Unknown Address as the reason even though it was the same address from my original order. I was able to get that one Refunded, but never the other 3 missing ones. They kept telling me the refund was processing and to be patient?? It doesn't take 2 weeks to process a PayPal refund. Currently I have made a PayPal claim for the refund of the 3 steels and they have until Feb 9th to respond

I had the same order and my box arrived pretty mangled despite shipping pretty quickly using the DHL Service also. It was so damaged that they had to tape it back up, and unfortunately it was missing 4 of the 6 steels.

This is where I'm stuck at now... I was able to message them and report the 4 missing steels, but they only made a replacement order for 1 of them. I got back in and was able to get the other 3 reported missing and then they asked me for all these pictures and hand-written note about the request. My 1 replacement steel wound up being returned to them through the Customs release process with Unknown Address as the reason even though it was the same address from my original order. I was able to get that one Refunded, but never the other 3 missing ones. They kept telling me the refund was processing and to be patient?? It doesn't take 2 weeks to process a PayPal refund. Currently I have made a PayPal claim for the refund of the 3 steels and they have until Feb 9th to respond
Yeah, my order with Mondo steels was the same way. DHL left the package on my porch with steelbooks OUTSiDE of the package just hanging on my porch lol!! I was very lucky and none ended up being damaged or missing. All of them had a loose disc though.
I had a similar issue when i ordered a few things from Amazon IT, they used DHL. Even though it was express shipping, the box arrived extremely damaged and ripped, with one item completely missing.
It seems like it’s a DHL issue plus not a very sturdy packaging.

Yeah, my order with Mondo steels was the same way. DHL left the package on my porch with steelbooks OUTSiDE of the package just hanging on my porch lol!! I was very lucky and none ended up being damaged or missing. All of them had a loose disc though.
I had a similar issue when i ordered a few things from Amazon IT, they used DHL. Even though it was express shipping, the box arrived extremely damaged and ripped, with one item completely missing.
It seems like it’s a DHL issue plus not a very sturdy packaging.
Yeah, I'm not 100% blaming FNAC for how it showed up :D This is my 5th order in the last couple years and the only one I've had problems with. I wouldn't even be concerned too much if the Customer Service thing wasn't such a barrier. Facebook Messenger has been more productive than their website, but with it I've had to use Google Translate to switch between English and French. I'm sure something is probably getting misinterpreted in that process.