luke98

Premium Supporter
Jun 30, 2014
Alexandria Safe-Zone
Release Date: November 9th, 2015
Purchase links:
Amazon UK
Zavvi
Price: £18.99 (Amazon) - £21.99 TBC (Zavvi)

01.jpg

02.jpg 03.jpg

Part of the Star Wars collection: I, II, III, IV, V, VI - Purchase here
image-jpg.179984

Last edited by a moderator:
AW :(

That was a fantastic deal. Well done.

I still haven't picked these up in Steelbook form. Maybe some day if I come across a deal like you did at Anttila! :thumbs:

Yeah, thanks to my sister I heard about these deals. I've been looking for these steelbooks for a while, but I haven't really found any good deals until now. I hope you'll come across for something similar in the future.

• Thanks
Reactions: BluSteel2012
Fox agree deal to sell Film and TV assets to Disney
This deal will mean we might now get the original unaltered versions of Star Wars

Sky TV looks like will also end up been owned by Disney

https://news.sky.com/story/fox-to-sell-film-and-tv-assets-to-disney-11170331

Now theres absolutely NO chance! Disney don't believe in releasing original versions, fans have been waiting years for the FULL version of A Muppets Christmas Carol and Disney point blank refuse, chances of the original Star Wars trilogy ever being released again are less than 0.5%

Now theres absolutely NO chance! Disney don't believe in releasing original versions, fans have been waiting years for the FULL version of A Muppets Christmas Carol and Disney point blank refuse, chances of the original Star Wars trilogy ever being released again are less than 0.5%

I’d say even less than 0.5%-
Allegedly, the original negative for Star Wars ‘77 was permanently altered for the ‘97 Special Edition release- as according to Lucasfilm some years back.

When The National film Library of Congress added Star Wars to the ‘77 film registry, they requested Lucasfilm provide an original copy. Lucasfilm offered a reel of the ‘97 Special Edition, to which the the Film Library declines.

So if the US government still has yet to receive an original Star Wars cut- I very much doubt that consumers will ever see one. Best thing now is to look up Harmy’s Despecialized Editions.

Fox agree deal to sell Film and TV assets to Disney
This deal will mean we might now get the original unaltered versions of Star Wars

Sky TV looks like will also end up been owned by Disney

Yep I've heard for years that the originals no longer exist. Lucas destroyed them or something like that.

Besides after the whole Terminator 2 3D/4K remaster fiasco, any remastering or non remastering
of the original cuts of Star Wars IV-VI on Blu-ray or 4K would be another fiasco to be debated to the end of time.

A loved one has moved on. Everyone must learn to let go and move on as well.
Holding on to the past is not good for you.

Several short stories in the book From a Certain Point of View show the cantina scene from various minor characters' perspectives. In all of them, it is very clear that Greedo does not shoot at all. I think Disney/Lucasfilm are slowly paving the way back to the original version. Eventually, we'll get the trilogy we remember. Harmy's Despecialized is good until then. And Adywan's Revisited edits are worth checking out, too, for good special editions.

Last edited:
Reactions: Atomic_Mist
Hi everyone, sorry for bumping this thread but thought this might be appropriate.

We have a new group buy host that can make lenticular magnet covers for your steelbooks that @Wreck has brought on board to HiDefNinja.

We're going to start with Star Wars - please say hi to @Atomic_Mist

And you can view the GB listing for the Star Wars trilogy lenticulars here.

https://www.hidefninja.com/communit...nmade-lenticular-3d-magnet-for-steelbook.679/

I genuinely thought you bumped these because the snow fits perfect over the Star Wars characters and to show it off lol

Reactions: RyanD