UK
Release date: April 8th, 2013
Purchase links:
Amazon.co.uk
Zavvi.com

81ijEPLVKkL._AA1500_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
this has to be included in the wave

i will place an order as soon as a link is posted as long as its different artwork

i hope this trilogy content the the orginal version and not with these animated bullcrap lucas edited afterwards.

I want the bonus features that came with the six film set, and this won't have it, so I'll only buy if the price is really good. The regular three-film sets still sell for 40 odd quid, so the price of these will probably be the same at least.

I'm hoping for some cool concept art on these releases in the same vein as the previous Blu-ray saga they released over here

Some images of Darth and Luke fighting, or Yoda just being awesome would be good for inside art at least :cool:

yoda_2.PNG

I've never actually seen any of the Star Wars films so depending on price I might get both these trilogy sets.

Hopefully the price will be £20-30 like MITB trilogy play released.

That's actually a hanging offense in some countries!

But seriously though, you will love the original trilogy, but whatever you do don't watch the prequel trilogy first, I'd hate for you to be put off watching the classics.

---------- Post added at 08:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:24 PM ----------

I'm hoping for some cool concept art on these releases in the same vein as the previous Blu-ray saga they released over here

Some images of Darth and Luke fighting, or Yoda just being awesome would be good for inside art at least :cool:

View attachment 27033

Had this VHS as a kid, loved it, would make a great steel:

http://ebid.s3.amazonaws.com/upload_big/4/5/6/1348224646-28174-10.jpg

Im in 2 minds about this, Im a huge Star Wars fan but if the trilogy steels do end up being released and have the art from the trilogy sets well....meh...I didnt like those at all

Id much prefer individual steels for the films with poster artwork for each one than the horrid smudged mess that they used for the trilogy boxsets (I wasnt all that keen on the saga boxset art either)...

Chances are I'll buy it, but I might end up hiding it on the shelf behind something else lol

Hope this goes ahead. Would have preferred individual steels with the poster artwork on all but I'd be happy just to get these in general. Here's hoping they aren't the ones butchered with CGI and Lucas' meddling.

Come on Fox Individual steels Poster Artwork films with no crappy inserted cgi scenes by Lucas and of course bonus disc in each .....
Is that too much to asks for ?

Please don't use the awful watercolor art from the Blu-ray boxes. If its that, pass. If its compelling, we'll see ...

---------- Post added at 04:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:53 AM ----------

Its hard to sum up the original trilogy with artwork because there were so many characters, locations, and unique images. I would think Luke and Vader would be most prominent, so how about Luke on the front and Vader on the back with the rest of the cast on the inside? Or we could just go with Leah in slave outfit from different angles on all sides. :p

Embossed Darth Vader head :scat:

For original trill art should just be a combination of the original posters with a montage of all the characters...

Last edited: