Star Wars Rebels: Season 2 (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: September 10, 2018
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order Live Saturday July 21 at 6 PM UK time)
Price: £19.99

11819986-7534595465473809.jpg

11819986-1454595465297319.jpg

11819986-1834595465151600.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry but I can't agree with anyone that thinks Rebels is better than Clone Wars, both Series started off a little childish but Clone Wars completely got over it, Rebels rarely had any edge to it right up until the end thanks to Disney's involvement.
At least the Clone Wars is coming back and hopefully we will see some more steelbooks for the series.
There's some bad and a lot of good in both. (How I wish the prequel movies could have had anything that reached the depth of, say, the Pong Krell story arc!) For me, much of the reason I prefer Rebels is simply that I like the Empire era better than the Clone Wars era. I love how they incorporated McQuarrie concept art into the look of Rebels. The characters connected with me more than the characters in CW, but that's all subjective.

Here's hoping Resistance can keep the animated SW going strong! :)

I just wish they hadn't waited so long to do this steelbook after the first one. I held off getting season 2 for two years until a few months ago I gave in and ordered seasons 2 and 3 from USA. Of course just as I am about to order season 4, this is announced. So back to square one of having to wait for steelbooks for the other seasons.

I'll await full opened pics before ordering this. Full gloss I'd be happy to pay £15 or lower, but not the price they are asking which is a rip off

I'll await full opened pics before ordering this. Full gloss I'd be happy to pay £15 or lower, but not the price they are asking which is a rip off
The first season steel is one of my favorites, actually. No embossing or anything, but the use of shiny metallic elements on the front and back covers is one of the best examples of that technique. Normally I feel that embossing and full-gloss is what makes a steelbook feel "premium," but I really like that one.

The first season steel is one of my favorites, actually. No embossing or anything, but the use of shiny metallic elements on the front and back covers is one of the best examples of that technique. Normally I feel that embossing and full-gloss is what makes a steelbook feel "premium," but I really like that one.

Yeah first one is a stunning steel mate. I'm always wary of Disney though as the finishes can be all over the shop. Ones gloss, ones not, one has great art, next release terrible. Don't think it will sell out in the next week or so so will wait and see in hand shots

• Thanks
Reactions: ethnosax
Received this today.

No dispatch email and it arrived in a brown card envelope. Was lucky it survived the post unharmed. Hope this isnt a new way of packing Steels @zavvi

Steelbook is very nice and goes well with season 1.

Received this today.

No dispatch email and it arrived in a brown card envelope. Was lucky it survived the post unharmed. Hope this isnt a new way of packing Steels @zavvi

Steelbook is very nice and goes well with season 1.
Yeah same here. Luckily no damage...this time. It's a beautiful looking steelbook. It doesn't have the "shiny metallic" elements the season 1 steelbook had but still nice and glossy. I ended up getting the US version of this season but the slipcover on that was very murky with the colours so I am really happy that this just uses those same cover images, slightly recomposed and a lot clearer!

Wish i could. My phone is messing and needs a clean up.

The look and finish is the same as season 1.

It's very nice (if it arrives undamaged thanks to the A1 card fiasco).

Mine has a small indent on the front. I probably wouldn't have noticed except that I was really examining it after Agents of SHIELD came dented in several places. Zavvi better get back to using those white boxes pronto, otherwise there's going to be a tonne of damages to sort out and a lot of unhappy customers.