Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Blu-ray SteelBook) [Czech]

carllenc

Premium Supporter
Oct 22, 2011
Czech Republic
Release date: TBA
Purchase link: Filmarena
Price: 799 CZK (30,39 €)

Afaik the Czech one is supposed to be like the other EU versions so no title on spine. I have asked Karel to confirm ;)
01.jpg 02.jpg

12243519_1242441765772375_3525401371724517887_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all, first time poster, hate to make a negative first post, but the release date on this has changed from 26-04.2016 to 'Release date has not been set'. Same thing happened with the Minions 3D Steelbook on Filmarena, so I have my doubts about this happening.

Hi all, first time poster, hate to make a negative first post, but the release date on this has changed from 26-04.2016 to 'Release date has not been set'. Same thing happened with the Minions 3D Steelbook on Filmarena, so I have my doubts about this happening.

no it will happen, they wait for numbers of bums on seats in cinemas to die down and then release it when they think they have extracted maximum money thats all.
dates move back all the time due to that single reason plus this film is just too big.
also minions was FAC and they can't get there act together with releasing any of those on time, look at john wick has been pushed back 4 times and if waiting for the boxed version you can make that 5.
It is becoming the norm with FAC and star wars will just be normal steel.

basil :thumbs:

no it will happen, they wait for numbers of bums on seats in cinemas to die down and then release it when they think they have extracted maximum money thats all.
dates move back all the time due to that single reason plus this film is just too big.
also minions was FAC and they can't get there act together with releasing any of those on time, look at john wick has been pushed back 4 times and if waiting for the boxed version you can make that 5.
It is becoming the norm with FAC and star wars will just be normal steel.

Indeed Basil, shut my mouth! Imagine my suprise when I saw the pre-order live this morning! But what happened to the 3D?

Last edited:
Indeed Basil, shut my mouth! Imagine my suprise when I saw the pre-order live this morning! But what happened to the 3D?

can't comment for this version but zavvi have announced a 2 disc version but won't confirm 3d but i suspect it will be 3d as price for that is £24.99 which is normal price for 3d + 2d.

3D removed from the listing on Film Arena Website
Strange I would have expected Disney to have 3D Blu-ray release worldwide for this and especially for some steelbooks in Europe
They have yes recently in USA had some Disney 3D films not get a 3D blu-ray release in the USA but Europe got 3D Blu-ray releases and were not affected

Are they delaying 3D Blu-ray releases to a later time on purpose to milk customers to double dip I hope they are not doing that
Even though I'm not a big fan of 3D personally and rarely watch films in 3D and 99% of the time watch in 2D I would expect a 3D Blu-ray be included even if it's a 3D film only in a few Cinemas
The Force Awakens was shot on 2D cameras and converted to 3D after for showing in Cinemas
So it's technically a 2D film

I'm curious anyone who seen this in 3D in the cinemas what was the 3D like was it good 3D or not or average

Last edited:
I'm curious anyone who seen this in 3D in the cinemas what was the 3D like was it good 3D or not or average

I saw it in IMAX 3D, and if I'm honest it added very little to the film. Like most films I see in 3D, a few minutes after putting on the glasses, I forget I'm watching a 3D film and theres maybe the odd scene that reminds you it's a 3D feature. 2 things stood out for me (no pun intended) the opening crawl looked great and 1 scene that cut to a close up of a star destroyer that almost hit me in the face lol

I've seen quite a few films in the cinema in 3D, and own around 30 on bluray an I'd say the only film that blew me away at the cinema with the 3D was Beowulf (that was my first experience of 'new' 3D in the cinema so I suppose it's partly down to the novelty of a new thing) and avatar which is still the benchmark for a 3D feature, I don't think any other film I've seen has been in any way improved by the addition of 3D

I saw it in IMAX 3D, and if I'm honest it added very little to the film. Like most films I see in 3D, a few minutes after putting on the glasses, I forget I'm watching a 3D film and theres maybe the odd scene that reminds you it's a 3D feature. 2 things stood out for me (no pun intended) the opening crawl looked great and 1 scene that cut to a close up of a star destroyer that almost hit me in the face lol

I've seen quite a few films in the cinema in 3D, and own around 30 on bluray an I'd say the only film that blew me away at the cinema with the 3D was Beowulf (that was my first experience of 'new' 3D in the cinema so I suppose it's partly down to the novelty of a new thing) and avatar which is still the benchmark for a 3D feature, I don't think any other film I've seen has been in any way improved by the addition of 3D

Avatar is still the best 3D feature. Followed by Life of Pi for me.

Last edited:
Reactions: rj531
Are they delaying 3D Blu-ray releases to a later time on purpose to milk customers to double dip I hope they are not doing that
Even though I'm not a big fan of 3D personally and rarely watch films in 3D and 99% of the time watch in 2D I would expect a 3D

God I hope not. I don't mind paying more for 3D, but I couldn't stand the wait for a later 3D version.

Have you tried watching 3D on a Sony HMZ headset, Paul? It can really change your opinion on 3D viewing - though they're expensive and it's not exactly a social experience. 3D films can provide genuinely breathtaking moments when seen this way, and I'm hoping TFA will provide a few when I finally get to see it :)

Reactions: neo and paulboland
God I hope not. I don't mind paying more for 3D, but I couldn't stand the wait for a later 3D version.

Have you tried watching 3D on a Sony HMZ headset, Paul? It can really change your opinion on 3D viewing - though they're expensive and it's not exactly a social experience. 3D films can provide genuinely breathtaking moments when seen this way, and I'm hoping TFA will provide a few when I finally get to see it :)
It's more to do with my age been 49 :rofl::LOL:

As you get older your eyesight gets weaker (Presbyopia affects lot of people from around age 40 onwards which needs reading glasses to correct your reading vision and requires every 2 years new strength glasses as the Presbyopia gets worse as you get older) and watching 3D films for some people with Presbyopia my age and older can cause eye strain be worse if watching in 3D than in 2D so it's more enjoyable to watch in 2D

I don't know what age you are Chris but from sometime after 40 you will understand what I mean if you get affected by Presbyopia

Reactions: Netclone
It's more to do with my age been 49 :rofl::LOL:

As you get older your eyesight gets weaker (Presbyopia affects lot of people from around age 40 onwards which needs reading glasses to correct your reading vision and requires every 2 years new strength glasses as the Presbyopia gets worse as you get older) and watching 3D films for some people with Presbyopia my age and older can cause eye strain be worse if watching in 3D than in 2D so it's more enjoyable to watch in 2D

I don't know what age you are Chris but from sometime after 40 you will understand what I mean if you get affected by Presbyopia

Oh ok, fair enough mate. I don't suffer from that (at least not yet at 34), but I do suffer from migraines a lot so I thought 3D would cause me problems, but so far I haven't noticed any ill effects. For anyone that can watch 3D without problems I do recommend a Sony 3D headset though ;)

Reactions: paulboland
Oh ok, fair enough mate. I don't suffer from that (at least not yet at 34), but I do suffer from migraines a lot so I thought 3D would cause me problems, but so far I haven't noticed any ill effects. For anyone that can watch 3D without problems I do recommend a Sony 3D headset though ;)
I have the HMZ-T1 headset and I watch all my 3D films on it via my PS3, it can be cumbersome and the bloody built in headphones are literally a pain (I need to remove them..) but the 2 upgrades T2 and T3 are much better as they are without in-built headphones , you can add your own.

It is pretty spectacular, its just a shame they didn't do a T4 with 1080p res.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: ChrisIW
I have the HMZ-T1 headset and I watch all my 3D films on it via my PS3, it can be cumbersome and the bloody built in headphones are literally a pain (I need to remove them..) but the 2 upgrades T2 and T3 are much better as they are without in-built headphones , you can add your own.

It is pretty spectacular, its just a shame they didn't do a T4 with 1080p res.

Yeah I swapped my T1 for a HMZ-T2 which is a big improvement purely in terms of comfort (it's noticeably lighter). Didn't bother with the T3 as the improvements didn't seem beneficial to me - that really should have been the one to include 1080p.

I'm now hoping that the Playstation VR headset also allows for watching 3D films as well as VR games.

Looks like Film Arena have a listing for a 3D Amaray for this........

http://www.filmarena-eng.com/blu-ray-3d-star-wars-episode-vii-the-force-awakens-3d-2d
Film Arena also had 3D with the Steelbook listing but changed yesterday and removed 3D from the listing that might happen with the Amaray listing

The Pre Order listings from all retailers at the moment are subject to change nothing official has been announced yet by Disney as to the content of the Blu-ray and DVD releases until they announce these details all listings on retailer websites could change

There will be most likely be 3D Blu-ray releases but Disney so far not officially provided any details

This looks like a pretty stock steelbook release from them, a la zavvi, hmv and others? Surprised they're not pushing our the boat more but it's early days yet I guess!
Film Arena also had 3D with the Steelbook listing but changed yesterday and removed 3D from the listing that might happen with the Amaray listing

The Pre Order listings from all retailers at the moment are subject to change nothing official has been announced yet by Disney as to the content of the Blu-ray and DVD releases until they announce these details all listings on retailer websites could change

There will be most likely be 3D Blu-ray releases but Disney so far not officially provided any details

see this listing has changed all removal of 3d +2d. so will be the same as everwhere else

Star Wars: The Force Awakens Exclusive Steelbook™ Limited Collector's Edition + Gift Steelbook's™ foil (Blu-ray)

and release date has changed to release date not set

• Informative
Reactions: harry