Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
1.00 star(s) Rating: 1.00/5 2 Votes
Title: Strange World (2022)

Genre: Animation, Family

Director: Don Hall, Qui Nguyen

Release: 2022-11-23

Plot: A journey deep into an uncharted and treacherous land where fantastical creatures await.

strange_world_ver2.jpeg

Wow, this is the most 'woke', in your face, 'Dishney' crapfest ever.
I did not get all the moaning about Lightyear and some other features, but this beat them all to the point of irritation and distraction from the already weak, derivative, clichéd story full of holes.
You got an interracial family with a black mother, an Asian older woman, an indigenous/islander native mayor/captain, an Indian ship mechanic, or whoever, etc, all in one secluded, isolated part of the world, which is stated has never had any contact with anything and anyone outside their ring of mountains. So all these different races of humans couldn't develop in that one place. It's so 'diverse' and 'inclusive', even their damn dog is a freaking three-legged cripple.
On top of that you get a gay grandson, to which his 'manly-man hero explorer' grandfather, that's seeing him for the first time ever, doesn't react at all, 'as if' showing by example to the audience how to act 'properly'. Feels like I'm watching an educational propaganda video for mentally challenged. I'm sorry, that's not gonna fly, and looks like it crashed and burned at the box office. Good riddance.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database