Oct 1, 2012
Pennsylvania
Release date: November 20, 2018
Purchase link: Amazon
Price: $29.97

sf.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Another Shout Select release getting steelbook release

That's 3 films from the shout select label (shout factory) now that has been reissued as a steelbook

Absolutely love Diane Lane, defo had a long time crush on her cos of this movie.

Rewatched it recently and it's nowhere near as good as I remember, so I'll pass for now. May pick it up if it goes on discount sale at some point just for nostalgia. Shout Factory are nailing it with the artworks though :thumbs:

Do shout factory do uk? Are they limited? Asking as I want this and could order from amazon but what are the chances of it still being available at the time of release and getting it a bit cheaper?

Do shout factory do uk? Are they limited? Asking as I want this and could order from amazon but what are the chances of it still being available at the time of release and getting it a bit cheaper?
No they don't have a UK website or ship to UK
Most shout factory steelbook releases have a print run of 10,000

Shout Factory releases are USA/Canada market only they don't have a licence to sell their releases outside of USA/Canada this is why shout factory website ship only to USA/Canada address

You can purchase from various USA retailers shout and scream factory release and from third party sellers in USA/Canada
Some retailers like Amazon USA ship worldwide but you have to pay import fee deposit if value of goods are over £15.00

Purchasing in the UK would be third party sellers
Amazon UK sell some USA releases after release date using amazon global these are imports and you have to pay import fee also if value is over £15.00

Price will likely drop on amazon USA but might not be until after release date a decent drop it will all depend on what price other USA retailers are selling at before and after release date as amazon usa price match Best Buy/Walmart/Target etc but don't price match with Shout Factory website

No they don't have a UK website or ship to UK
Most shout factory steelbook releases have a print run of 10,000

Shout Factory releases are USA/Canada market only they don't have a licence to sell their releases outside of USA/Canada this is why shout factory website ship only to USA/Canada address

You can purchase from various USA retailers shout and scream factory release and from third party sellers in USA/Canada
Some retailers like Amazon USA ship worldwide but you have to pay import fee deposit if value of goods are over £15.00

Purchasing in the UK would be third party sellers
Amazon UK sell some USA releases after release date using amazon global these are imports and you have to pay import fee also if value is over £15.00

Price will likely drop on amazon USA but might not be until after release date a decent drop it will all depend on what price other USA retailers are selling at before and after release date as amazon usa price match Best Buy/Walmart/Target etc but don't price match with Shout Factory website

Thanks will pop an order in amazon usa as I don’t want to miss this and it doesn’t sound like the uk will get their own steelbook

Reactions: paulboland
Thanks will pop an order in amazon usa as I don’t want to miss this and it doesn’t sound like the uk will get their own steelbook
It's very unlikely to sell out for a good while ;)
You can wait for a price drop if you don't need it shortly after release date

With me as an example If it's a must have and I don't want to wait weeks or months for possible price drop I just pre order and if price drops before release date it's a bonus.

Amazon can often have flash price drops that last a few min or few hours sometimes on pre orders and if you pre ordered before price drop you are covered under pre order price promise.

It's best to keep close watch on your amazon USA pre orders every day for price drops as their is a glitch in their system that don't remove or reduce the import fee deposit on your order when price drops.
You would later in a few weeks/months after you received your order be refunded import fee deposit when that happens

When I notice this I reorder at cheaper price if still reduced to have less import fee deposit or none if value below the threshold and not wait for the import fee deposit be refunded.

I got very lucky with Bill and ted's excellent adventure steelbook price dropped for short period one night before release date to $12.98

Thanks, that happened with my preorder for princess bride CRiterion I had to go back in and reorder/ cancel as the price dropped but not the import duty. At least amazon do refund you if they don’t pay all the fees. When I ordered a new world criterion I got a refund then.
Have ordered as I don’t want to miss it, and will keep an eye on it in case it drops further but at least if I don’t catch amazon should refund me any difference after delivery

Reactions: paulboland
Not sure if t'was absolutely necessary to print the anniversary stuff on the actual steelbook . . . not as if the 35th is as significant as say the 25th or the 50th (lol). . . that said, easily best art so far for this title vs. Amarays:-

US ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- UK / Ger. / Aus, ---------------------------------------------------------------------- France ----------------------------------------- Italy ----------------------------------------------- Japan ------------------------------I
1543321205819.png
1543321239667.png
1543321287803.png
1543321448263.png
1543321403607.png
1543321516192.png
1543321575943.png

Pics of this steelbook courtesy BD.com:-
1543322202333.png
1543322273120.png
1543322328093.png

• Thanks