Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: December 5, 2016
Purchase link: HMV
Price: £22.99

01.jpg

02.jpg 03.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I was thinking that too, you would think it would be advertised as been included on their website also.
I would take whatever steelbook.com says with a pinch of salt. They've been wrong on a lot of occasions recently.

I'm pretty sure this WON'T include the 4K for £23.

Would like to finally see a 4K inclusion and NOT at the cost of the 3D disc.
Dont mind if they increase the price to £25 as a result.

This set just needs the 2D extended, 3D and 4K theatrical and it would be the perfect set IMO

• Thanks
Reactions: K.i.T
Actually, now that I've checked, it's also mentioned in the steelbook listing on HMV's site.

If you scroll down.......

“Suicide Squad: Extended Cut” features more action and more Squad with 13 more minutes of footage not previously seen in cinemas. The 4K, 3D and Blu-ray will include the extended version of the film on the Blu-ray disc.

So who knows.......

but as you mentioned, why would someone opt for the lesser, 4k only ameray for £2 more....I'd expect a price increase on this steel, but if we get all 3 discs and both versions, am happy to pay £25

According to steelbook.com this includes a 4K version, and has a zero finish
http://steelbook.com/releases/the-hmv-suicide-squad-steelbook-edition/
I think that this is a reference to the three individual releases.

The 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray, the 3D Edition, Steelbook and the Standard Blu-ray Edition will all feature the extended cut on a 2D Blu-ray disc and the theatrical cut on the 4K and 3D discs. Standard Blu-ray 2-Disc edition for theatrical and extended cuts.