Superman II (Theatrical & Donner Cut) (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Lenny Nero

Cossack
Premium Supporter
Oct 1, 2013
Release date: April 17, 2023
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order on February 20, at 9 AM UK time)
Price: £24.99

16.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Must admit I always preferred the first film though... probably because that's the one I grew up on. Hopefully they do a steel with the theatrical poster for that too!

Reactions: Fmac72
Steelbook Finishes
  • Spot Gloss on Title Treatment and Superman (front)
  • Spot Gloss on Title Treatment and Superman Logo (reverse)

Steelbook Finishes

• Spot Gloss on Title Treatment and Superman (front)
  • Spot Gloss on Title Treatment and Superman Logo (reverse)
Theatrical Cut

On Disc Special Features

• Introduction by Director Richard Donner
  • Commentary by Richard Donner and Tom Mankiewicz
  • Superman II: Restoring the Vision Featurette
  • Deleted Scenes
The Richard Donner Cut

On Disc Special Features

• Commentary by Director Richard Donner and Creative Consultant Tom Mankiewicz
  • Introduction by Richard Donner
  • Featurette Superman II: Restoring the Vision
  • Additional Scenes
  • 8 1940s Famous Studios Superman Cartoons: Japoteurs, Showdown, Eleventh Hour, Destruction, Inc., The Mummy Strikes, Jungle Drums, The Underground World and Secret Agent

At first I thought this was a cool idea, but in the end I don't think this works well at all.
Both are cool on their own. Maybe they should of just stuck the normal poster on the back the right way round and then went with the donner cut poster for the front.

It is weird they flipped it. Would make more sense if it was for superman 1 & 2

For a catalogue DC WB steel, it's very good. Theatrical posters for both, good finish & inside credits, can't ask for much more.

I'd prefer a non reverse art and the spine to just say "superman 2", or 2 & donner cut etc.. (no need to specifically say Theatrical cut on the bloody spine), but those are minor quibbles really.

Reactions: Noodles
Both are cool on their own. Maybe they should of just stuck the normal poster on the back the right way round and then went with the donner cut poster for the front.

It is weird they flipped it. Would make more sense if it was for superman 1 & 2

Yes, that would have made sense, I think - combining both into a single steelbook.

Reactions: Flloydo