Tales From the Urban Jungle: Brute Force and The Naked City (Blu-ray Limited Edition) (Arrow Academy) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: March 29, 2021
Purchase links: Arrow Films - Amazon UK - Zavvi - HMV
Price: £35.00 (Arrow) - TBA (Amazon) - £34.99 (Zavvi - HMV)

3004a41e-ad5f-4835-a591-96b726655d07.jpg

7468b4ba-8aba-43e1-ac0b-c56f811a61e6.jpg

LIMITED EDITION CONTENTS

• High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentation of new 4K restorations of both films
  • Original uncompressed mono 1.0 audio
  • Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing for both films
  • Illustrated booklet featuring writing on the films by Alastair Philips, Barry Salt, Sergio Angelini, Andrew Graves, Richard Brooks and Frank Krutnik
  • Reversible sleeves featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Sister Hyde
DISC ONE – BRUTE FORCE

• Brand new commentary by historian and critic Josh Nelson
  • Nothing’s Okay, a brand new visual essay by film historians David Cairns & Fiona Watson
  • Josh Olson: Brute Force, a personal appreciation by the Academy Award winning screenwriter of A History of Violence
  • Burt Lancaster: The Film Noir Years, an in-depth look at Burt Lancaster’s early career by Kate Buford, author of Burt Lancaster: An American Life
  • Theatrical Trailers
  • Image Gallery
DISC TWO – THE NAKED CITY

• Naked City Radio, a unique new audio commentary by historian and critic David Cairns featuring actors Steven McNicoll and Francesca Dymond
  • The Pulse of the City, a brand new visual essay by historian and critic Eloise Ross
  • New York and The Naked City, a personalised history of NYC on the big screen by critic Amy Taubin
  • The Hollywood Ten, a 1950 documentary short on the ten filmmakers blacklisted from Hollywood for their refusal to name names before the House Un-American Activities Committee, including The Naked City’s screenwriter Albert Maltz
  • Gallery of production stills by photojournalist Weegee
  • Theatrical Trailer
3004a41e-ad5f-4835-a591-96b726655d07.jpg 7468b4ba-8aba-43e1-ac0b-c56f811a61e6.jpg 582328c2-b2c0-476a-882d-7c6d29545cbb.jpg c6534568-7ca6-4257-b5e8-5db7e6e2e1c6.jpg

LIMITED EDITION CONTENTS

• High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentation of new 4K restorations of both films
  • Original uncompressed mono 1.0 audio
  • Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing for both films
  • Illustrated booklet featuring writing on the films by Alastair Philips, Barry Salt, Sergio Angelini, Andrew Graves, Richard Brooks and Frank Krutnik
  • Reversible sleeves featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Sister Hyde
DISC ONE – BRUTE FORCE

• Brand new commentary by historian and critic Josh Nelson
  • Nothing’s Okay, a brand new visual essay by film historians David Cairns & Fiona Watson
  • Josh Olson: Brute Force, a personal appreciation by the Academy Award winning screenwriter of A History of Violence
  • Burt Lancaster: The Film Noir Years, an in-depth look at Burt Lancaster’s early career by Kate Buford, author of Burt Lancaster: An American Life
  • Theatrical Trailers
  • Image Gallery
DISC TWO – THE NAKED CITY

• Naked City Radio, a unique new audio commentary by historian and critic David Cairns featuring actors Steven McNicoll and Francesca Dymond
  • The Pulse of the City, a brand new visual essay by historian and critic Eloise Ross
  • New York and The Naked City, a personalised history of NYC on the big screen by critic Amy Taubin
  • The Hollywood Ten, a 1950 documentary short on the ten filmmakers blacklisted from Hollywood for their refusal to name names before the House Un-American Activities Committee, including The Naked City’s screenwriter Albert Maltz
  • Gallery of production stills by photojournalist Weegee
  • Theatrical Trailer

@MrSquifler

Thread already exist and it's a Arrow Academy release not arrow video

Ah, you beat me to it.

Do you have any word on what's happening with the blu-ray release of Cinema Paradiso from Arrow? Seems like the 4K has released just fine but the blu-ray doesn't seem to have dispatched yet. Amazon still has it as releasing in 2039, Zavvi has it as OOS and Arrow haven't dispatched yet.

Ah, you beat me to it.

Do you have any word on what's happening with the blu-ray release of Cinema Paradiso from Arrow? Seems like the 4K has released just fine but the blu-ray doesn't seem to have dispatched yet. Amazon still has it as releasing in 2039, Zavvi has it as OOS and Arrow haven't dispatched yet.
Amazon UK not corrected their website listing until they do this their system won't ship any orders
Zavvi sold out

Did you do an order direct with Arrow Films

Amazon UK not corrected their website listing until they do this their system won't ship any orders
Zavvi sold out

Did you do an order direct with Arrow Films
Amazon doesn't usually take this long, especially for pre-orders, do they?

I had an order with Zavvi and never got charged for the item when I checked my account the bar had turned blue and the item was listed as OOS. I waited until release date but still noithing so I decided I'd order directly from Arrow as Zavvi CS is terrible and I'd rather not deal with them. 4 days later and I haven't had a dispatch from Arrow either.

Another great looking set! I already own Brute Force, but still haven't got around to watching it yet. And of course I also want to check out Naked City at some point too, so this is pretty tempting.