Tenet (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Manta Lab Exclusive No. 32) [Hong Kong]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: May 14, 2021
Purchase links: Box Set - Full Slip - Lenti - Double Lenti (Pre-order on March 26, at 8 PM - Hong Kong time)
Price: $169.97 (Box Set) - $52.99 (Full Slip) - $53.99 (Lenti - Double Lenti)
Group buy: hosted by Aniv Box Set - Full Slip - Lenti - Double Lenti

Note: WEA, Exclusive Steelcase designed by Manta Lab features "Full Glossy" Finish and "Debossed Title".
Full Slip - 900 units: Scratch Resistance Coating, Spot Glossy, Spot Matte, Embossing, Spot Foil
Lenticular Full Slip - 900 units: 3D Lenticular, Spot Glossy, Spot Matte, Embossing, Spot Foil
Double Lenticular Full Slip - 900 units: 3D Lenticular x 2, Spot Glossy, Spot Matte, Embossing, Spot Foil
Box Set - 500 sets: Scratch Resistance Coating, Spot Glossy, Spot Matte, Embossing, Spot Holofoil
Premiums: Booklet, Postcards, Character Cards, Envelope, Exclusive Numbering Sticker, Exclusive Release Front Sticker, Exclusive Release Lenticular Sticker, Tip On, Protective Cover.

TN_overall_box0226_5000x.jpgTN_overall_fs0226_5000x.jpgTN_overall_Lfs0226_5000x.jpgTN_overall_DLfs0226_5000x.jpg
SteelBook.jpg

Last edited:
Can't wait for Manta to reveal the art! Hopefully some alternative cool art, I've seen those 3 posters in Ads everywhere xD

I'm "glad" to read native speakers have their problems with understanding the audio in the film, too. When I go to the movies, I always choose to see the film in OV (original version), not dubbed. Usually I don't have a problem understanding what's said, especially with a high quality cinema sound system (at home, where I just got my TV with built-in speakers, I prefer subtitles). So when I went to see "Tenet" in the OV yesterday, it was a rather unpleasant experience. Not only was the sound incredibly loud as many have stated, but the tendency to have the actors talk under masks and with food in their mouth (seriously, what the hell were you thinking, Michael Caine / Christopher Nolan?) or just murmur extra quietly against hammering background music made it really hard to follow. And that was in a cinema with a rather discrete setup - makes me wonder how much worse/louder it must sound in the biggest cinema hall with the best sound system in that theater or even an IMAX cinema!
I will go see it again, but dubbed the next time. Because even though I didn't fully understand it both in terms of story as well as regarding the dialogue, I found "Tenet" intriguing enough to give it another chance. Wouldn't be the first Nolan film that pays fully off (for me) only on second watch.
I never had a problem with Nolan films until Dunkirk and it too was way WAY too loud. I‘m thinking I’ll give it a go in IMAX, because It’s normally not as loud as Dolby Cinema (ATMOS)

Reactions: CleverLoginName
I never had a problem with Nolan films until Dunkirk and it too was way WAY too loud. I‘m thinking I’ll give it a go in IMAX, because It’s normally not as loud as Dolby Cinema (ATMOS)
I saw Tenet in IMAX and it was the same for me as Dunkirk, music too loud and it is difficult to hear what people are saying. Bad audio mix but easier to understand second time round

Reactions: CleverLoginName
I saw Tenet in IMAX and it was the same for me as Dunkirk, music too loud and it is difficult to hear what people are saying. Bad audio mix but easier to understand second time round
Have you seen Dunkirk on Blu Ray/4k (preferably in 5.1)? I’m curious if the audio is better. That said, if the sounds is bad in IMAX, gonna be a tough call. I love the seating in AMC’s Dolby cinema theaters, but even Faux IMAX gets a slightly bigger image. In my case, they’re both laser projectors, so blacks should be the same.

Have you seen Dunkirk on Blu Ray/4k (preferably in 5.1)? I’m curious if the audio is better. That said, if the sounds is bad in IMAX, gonna be a tough call. I love the seating in AMC’s Dolby cinema theaters, but even Faux IMAX gets a slightly bigger image. In my case, they’re both laser projectors, so blacks should be the same.
No I haven't seen it on 4K or heard it through a 5.1, most of my movies are either watched on my pc via headset or streamed through my network with plex. Dont have a fancy sound system though haha
I cant help much as im not a resident of the US (guessing thats where you live?), we dont have AMC cinemas here its either Odeon, Showcase or Vue

Seen many reviews also bring up the audio issue
harder to hear whats being said during the scenes where characters are breathing through masks and talking

Its a hard movie to follow, so watching it for the first time and trying to understand/grasp what is going on and also not being able to hear clearly what people are saying is where the issue is. It was much more enjoyable second time round

Reactions: goufcustom
No I haven't seen it on 4K or heard it through a 5.1, most of my movies are either watched on my pc via headset or streamed through my network with plex. Dont have a fancy sound system though haha
I cant help much as im not a resident of the US (guessing thats where you live?), we dont have AMC cinemas here its either Odeon, Showcase or Vue

Seen many reviews also bring up the audio issue
harder to hear whats being said during the scenes where characters are breathing through masks and talking

Its a hard movie to follow, so watching it for the first time and trying to understand/grasp what is going on and also not being able to hear clearly what people are saying is where the issue is. It was much more enjoyable second time round
yeah US. I hope it's not as bad as dunkirk. I literally covered my ears for parts of that movie. I'm considering bringing ported earplugs to the theater (which kills surround) just in case.

Reactions: gAnX
can't decide which are the best arts for steelbooks so i did 3 options with one simple rule, front needs to be The Protagonist and back needs to be Neil (or has Neil)
i've so much fun and thank you @CollectorEmtee for valuable comments... anyway sorry for the big files...

ALTERNATIVE ARTS 1
TENET_ShowReel-01-01_S.jpg

TENET_ShowReel-01-02_S.jpg

ALTERNATIVE ARTS 2
TENET_ShowReel-02-01_S.jpg

TENET_ShowReel-02-02_S.jpg

ALTERNATIVE ARTS 3
TENET_ShowReel-03-01_S.jpg

TENET_ShowReel-03-02_S.jpg

ONE CLICK BOX SET
TENET_ShowReel-04_S.jpg

TENET_ShowReel-05_S.jpg

EDIT: the idea of RED and BLUE rooms just popped in my head, so i adjusted this OC bonus a little bit...

Last edited:
i think I've spent too much time thinking about this film...
it starts with one simple steelbook mockup and leads to another now i can't stop lol

can't decide which are the best arts for steelbooks so i kinda did 3 options with one simple rule, front needs to be The Protagonist and back needs to be Neil (or has Neil)
i've so much fun and thank you @CollectorEmtee for valuable comments... anyway sorry for the big files...

ALTERNATIVE ARTS 1
View attachment 484825

ALTERNATIVE ARTS 2
View attachment 484827

ALTERNATIVE ARTS 3
View attachment 484829

ONE CLICK BOX SET
View attachment 484831
Those look incredible! Double lenti would be my pick. The OC extras are very cool, would be nice if manta would do something like that for once.

• Friendly
Reactions: goufcustom