Terminator 2: Judgment Day (2D+3D Blu-ray SteelBook) [Germany]

Jan 30, 2013
FFO, Germany
Release date: October 26, 2017 November 23, 2017
Purchase link: Amazon DE - Saturn - Media Markt
Price: €26.99 €29.99
Note: 2-Disc, additional scenes of director's cut and extended special edition are not remastered (according to German site / StudioCanal press server)

81GUResTA9L._SL1500_.jpg

Attachments

• 91wLlMWHL-L._SL1500_.jpg
    91wLlMWHL-L._SL1500_.jpg
    386 KB · Views: 451
Last edited:
I missed the Zavvi one also, so I ordered this. It's telling that a 25 year old film is one I'm most interested in seeing next month (although Atomic Blonde comes in a close second).

Yes, indeed, the re-mastered images looks excellent and not just because they are so much fresher, brighter and sharper but also because they have more information compared to the previous releases with previously cropped off bits restored and re-instated . . . I mean, just look at the bike here:-
View attachment 317871

The only question I have now is "Will this release be in something approaching the 1:85:1 shape of my TV screen or will it still be letterboxed ?"

"Of course you’ll need a 3D television to enjoy the 3D conversion, but fans with out such luxuries will still be able to enjoy a beautiful 4K remastering, resulting in the best looking version of T2 to date"
(SkynetsArmy.com 16/3/17)
. . . and, of course, TERMINATOR 2 got a 4K restoration entirely separate from the 3D conversion itself.

The shot above (to the right) is a publicity still. Nothing was "cropped" in the original home video releases.
This was a scope 2.35 film (although a Super 35 soft-matte and not anamorphic.)
No director on Earth would shoot a soft matte 2.35, and then remove (or adjust) the matte for 16:9.
You will notice the image on the right has two feet of headroom above the actors. (And an equal additional floor below). No director would ever allow a film to be released with that composition. That's how I know it's actually a production still.
He might try to do a slight push in on the negative to attempt a 16:9 ratio - but again, he would be ruining his composition and increasing the grain (which is VERY bad for 3D).
If the 2.35 apect ratio is in anyway compromised (by a push in on the soft matte, or an adjustment of the soft matte for 16:9/1.85 aspect ratio - I would ask for money back.

Reactions: lgans316
This price was valid last night. However, it's back to 29.99 now. And some people who had their previous orders already adjusted, have discovered that they have the old price back in.

Really annoyed I missed the UK steelbook of the 3D and also the UK endoarm.

Got a US endoarm ordered but obviously no 3D in that.

Not sure I want the German one with the German text on it.

Well, maybe it's the quality of the camera or photograph, but this looks a bit 'poor'....matte finish, blotchy paint job, but it does at least seem to confirm one thing, it's likely to be region B for the UK as it is for Germany, and not region free as some retailers suggest.

At least we know the steelbook is now out there...and great to see Robert Patrick on the reverse....

That sucks. I thought it was supposed to be Region Free. Anyone know of any cheap way to make a Panny 900 UHD player Region Free on the Blu-ray end of things?

That sucks. I thought it was supposed to be Region Free. Anyone know of any cheap way to make a Panny 900 UHD player Region Free on the Blu-ray end of things?

You could try this hack but not guaranteed to work.

1. Wait for region not supported message
2. Press Home Hutton
3. Select Video from Disc
4. Press number 2 on your remote when the disc loads and make sure you see that on the top right hand corner on your screen.
5. Press Top Menu and keep your fingers crossed.

Sucks big time. It´s a robbery for such a price. Classic streaky matte (which I still like more than poor-no-finish-at-all we can see on german WW for example :vomit:), but also those artworks are very poor quality. What a fail.

• Thanks
Reactions: yy0925