Would you Buy this

• Yes

Votes: 139 88.0%
  • No

Votes: 12 7.6%
  • Maybe

Votes: 7 4.4%

• Total voters
This movie just needs a blu-ray release let alone a steelbook release. Sign me up thoe!

My 1080i (badly upconverted) korean cap just doesn't do this justice. Hope the transfer ends up well.

Reactions: Pud1804
This needs to come out in a premium finish. With the huge budget of the film the steelbook deserves a huge budget as well.

+1 Well overdue

---------- Post added at 12:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:21 PM ----------

Quick attempt:

2nw07z6.jpg

That would do for me :drool:

I won't be buying a UK release . The BBFC censor the submerging-of-the-rat scene, due to animal cruelty laws. They cut and re-frame the shots, leaving it a little messy. So it'll be a US or Canada release for me.

A Steelbook with the original artwork would be cool. but I prefer a Digibook like the german limited Cinedition with a nice lenticular Cover.

Voted yes, but it would have to be a 'no excuses' upgrade done properly; not just a dump the DVD version onto blu ray.

With both versions of the film and a stack of extras please.

The Abyss is getting a Blu-ray Release sometime this Year or Next Year

I would say there will be a Steelbook Release when this happens

Will be a massive release and seller when this happens

2014 is 25th Anniversary

1989 - 2014 = 25 years

Last edited:
Now this would be a pretty amazing release for Kimchidvd, Blufans or HDzeta. There's already that beautiful lenticular slipcover on the North American DVD release, too. Just convert that over to G2 and BAM -- one helluva SteelBook package! :scat:

I don't know if I'm a bit tired of waiting for this movie. Every year we get some kind of industry tease promising... maybe... hopefully... possibly, that it'll be released on blu - never mind steelbook.

I'd love to see a fully updated with new FX version, all spanking and new. It's the least this amazing film deserves.

I'll continue to be hopeful, but I ain't gonna live forever!