Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: September 3rd, 2014
Purchase link: The Amazing Spider-Man 2
Price: €24.99

ASM2 FNAC.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I can t see where it states steelbook. I only see combo édition fnac exclusive so could an amaray? If it is indeed a steelbook it Will go nicely with my fnac boxset

Hopefully the UK does get a release. Can't see it not happening. I see this on Tuesday and I absolutely loved it.

Hopefully the UK does get a release. Can't see it not happening. I see this on Tuesday and I absolutely loved it.

I was hoping hmv or ES would get this one. Is there a reason you don't think it will have a uk release?:(:D

I was hoping hmv or ES would get this one. Is there a reason you don't think it will have a uk release?:(:D

No I'm sure it will because the first did. Would be strange if the uk didn't get one. Although I actually own the bestbuy version with the 3d. If we do get one it has to have the 3d

Reactions: chunk
No I'm sure it will because the first did. Would be strange if the uk didn't get one. Although I actually own the bestbuy version with the 3d. If we do get one it has to have the 3d

Sorry, I misread your post, I read it as "I can't see it happening":emb:
UK is doing much better lately with including the 3D, a new film like this with no 3D in a uk steelbook, retailers will lose money cos we'd all shop elsewhere. . So fingers crossed:D

good_news_everyone.png

Good news everyone!

I was wondering about this so I looked at FNAC's website and...

XydT0Pi.png

:)

If they went back and changed the listing once again to include "Steelbook" (this time alongside the title, not listed as an actor :D) two months from release date, then it's quite likely it is happening.

As you may notice, the price is €25 (and €5 credited on the FNAC card :)) while the Blu-ray 3D/Blu-ray/DVD combo is €30, so I'd assume there's no 3D disc in this steelbook, for those who still care about that gimmick.

VZJ5QXP.png

No art has been confirmed for the steelbook thus far (unlike the amarays as displayed above), but the last film distributed by Sony that got a FNAC exclusive steelbook was Captain Phillips and even though it didn't have WEA, it had the French title (Capitaine Phillips) on the front and spine, so it's not like Marvel here, we can hope for a nice surprise (the placeholder isn't the one with the eye, that's a good sign). :thumbs: