The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Future Shop Exclusive) [Canada]

Jul 20, 2012
Toronto, ON
The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Future Shop Exclusive)(EMBOSS) [Canada]

Release date: August 19th, 2014
Purchase link: The Amazing Spider-Man 2
Price: 26.99$ +tx
Group Buy: biscuitnoir or Drum18
Units: 6,000
Region: A,B,C (Region Free)

Artwork:
Finish:
Silk
Emboss: Eye on the front is embossed
M2206811.jpg

inside-png.71773

Video presentation:
Via INSTAGRAM

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

Check out the Future Shop SteelBook page!

Last edited:
Goddamit, I was holding on the hope that the artwork in the German thread was just a placeholder :(. Given that it will most likely be the same steelbook everywhere, that's bad news (and it'll be 2016 by the time BluFans delivers their own steelbook of ASM2 with WEA).

The steelbook of the first movie was beautiful and glossy, but this time even gloss can't save this :(. It's not just the black border, it's the very choice of this crappy poster.

EDIT : OH, as I was writing this post the black border disappeared, cool :D. Still, inside artwork sucks and the posters chosen for both back and front are awful (admittedly, ASM2 didn't have many good posters to choose from). I'd have picked these :

BACK

lkNIDA.jpg

FRONT

dQWPHQ.jpg

INSIDE ART

M1VPsu.jpg

That took me barely two minutes, Sony :D.

I'd like to know what the "Exclusive" part is as this looks the same as the German one so I agree will be sold most likely worldwide! Truly shockingly awful compared to the first films Steels.

Agreed, Looks pretty damn good. Just hoping for gloss now :)

Fingers crossed =D

---------- Post added at 11:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:44 AM ----------

I'd like to know what the "Exclusive" part is as this looks the same as the German one so I agree will be sold most likely worldwide! Truly shockingly awful compared to the first films Steels.

That I don't know, but it will be exclusive to us in Canada for sure.

Reactions: thewoe
Was so hoping they would use one of the official promo poster shots. Either of these in gloss would have been killer. Plus embossing = nasty border! gutted.

Last edited by a moderator:

Think this is exclusive to Canada through FutureShop. Could be a BestBuy exclusive in US and so on in different countries with slight modifications. Though, I would love to see a different artwork, think we are going to be stuck with this till someone else gets a WEA.

Reactions: psychoscot
Think this is exclusive to Canada through FutureShop. Could be a BestBuy exclusive in US and so on in different countries with slight modifications. Though, I would love to see a different artwork, think we are going to be stuck with this till someone else gets a WEA.

Yeah my ultimate favorite character deserves far better than this! I really did hope for a Future Shop exclusive that was WEA, or at least different from the one already announced by Amazon De that I have cancelled. Fingers crossed HMV get an exclusive with different art to this.

Reactions: Flloydo
Was so hoping they would use one of the official promo poster shots. Either of these in gloss would have been killer. Plus embossing = nasty border! gutted.

I want Kimchi to do a lenticular of this last image but with more web covering the croch region. LOL.

Make it happen Tony!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Was hoping for one image to run onto the back like the first one. Never mind, one of my favourite Marvel movies so will be getting this regardless

---------- Post added at 12:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:38 PM ----------

Well they did use the exact same electricity bolt from the second poster on the back lol just slapped a different pic behind it

So its possible this will end up looking the same for the German release as well no black border

The UK release could end up been the same but we don't know anything yet apart from we know one is getting a release and possibly been Hmv

Is this going to be same artwork world wide ?