The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (Blu-ray SteelBook) (HMV Exclusive) [UK]

thewoe

#RestoreTheSnyderVerse
Premium Supporter
Dec 10, 2012
United Kingdom
Release Date: September 1st, 2014
Price: £16.99 - £9.99
Link: http://store.hmv.com/film-tv/blu-ray/the-amazing-spider-man-2-(2)
Group Buy: Masterblaster or Naughtius Maximus

Notes: 2D Only, Confirmed to be Embossed
0E53F9A6-A841-4459-991B-960CF7690A71_zpsxc396gas.jpg

Other Artwork:
3A4BAF21-3C19-4EEF-B5FE-978F6A3AC63F_zpscb7xwpac.jpg

E72E651E-A85C-45D7-B4C6-1EA9D9A16308_zpsxynyktwi.jpg

5B577C45-F8E8-4AB5-85E9-0A5BB5CFA285_zpsu3oy2wt8.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    139.8 KB · Views: 2,446
Last edited:
As it's the same as the FutureShop I already have, switched the deposit over to the 3D version with slip instead. So HMV Oxford Street has an extra one :)

Going strong in the bay which I think is crazy

This is most likely because it's unrealistic for some people to make the journey to their local HMV store. With the absence of an online webstore, those who can't get to their local HMV (or who just won't make the effort, like myself) will be prepared to pay a bit extra to let someone else do the leg-work. In my situation, it's a six Mile round trip which I am just not prepared to make just for a single SteelBook release (time + parking fees + having to negotiate chav's, single teenage mothers, and stoners in town) - I would much rather buy on eBay and wait a few days and save myself the hassle of mingling with lower ranks of society

Why oh why was this not the 3D version? A SteelBook should be the definitive edition available upon release (in the absence of a CE), and should ALWAYS be the 3D version where a film is available in 3D! I shouldn't be expected to buy an exclusive SteelBook for the premium packaging, and then have to go and double dip just to get the 3D disc from another version! The SteelBook release should be the ULTIMATE consumer experience!

Part of me wonders whether this would have been the 3D release had it not been exclusive to HMV - if it were available from all retailers, then perhaps Sony would have been more willing to make this the only 3D release out there, opposed to the cardboard slipcover 3D release

Whilst I agree that the Steelbook should have contained the 3D disc, I don't think that it being an HMV exclusive made any difference.

For some reason, which only Sony knows, all of the European Steelbooks of this title have only included the 2D disc, whereas the Asian Steelbooks have included both 2D & 3D discs. Maybe Sony thinks that there isn't a market for 3D Steelbooks in Europe.

Below average steelbook, the Magno case from Best Buy utterly wipes the floor with this in every way, design, art, finish and it includes the 3D disc.

Reactions: harry
I can't figure out why anyone would pay £34-99 (highest one has gone for) or anywhere over the odds for a Steel that is still in the shops for £16-99!

It's utterly ludicrous. Such a person must have to be very desperate or very stupid.

Or neither! Lots of people no longer have HMVs that are close to them. With parking and petrol it may cost them a damn sight more than 35 quid. They may also not use this site so no GB. EBay could be the only way they know of getting it. :)

Reactions: BluSteel2012
Or neither! Lots of people no longer have HMVs that are close to them. With parking and petrol it may cost them a damn sight more than 35 quid. They may also not use this site so no GB. EBay could be the only way they know of getting it. :)
I do see where you're coming from. But I know as you do that they can get them cheaper than that without resorting to getting ripped off on fleabay,even if they can't get to an hmv.
It only takes a little initiative . . .

Reactions: psychoscot
I do see where you're coming from. But I know as you do that they can get them cheaper than that without resorting to getting ripped off on fleabay,even if they can't get to an hmv.
It only takes a little initiative . . .

Yeah true!

The average price on there seems to be around £25, that will drop when they don't sell. My local had a big pile of them this morning, well over 100 this is a huge print run. These will be floating around for a while. Buying on eBay isn't stupid, but possibly buying off there on release day might be lol.

Yeah true!

The average price on there seems to be around £25, that will drop when they don't sell. My local had a big pile of them this morning, well over 100 this is a huge print run. These will be floating around for a while. Buying on eBay isn't stupid, but possibly buying off there on release day might be lol.
Yeah, but they are selling - take a look at completed items.

I remember the first one going for silly money too - early doors, and dropped like a stone a little later - I paid £8 for mine new, mint and sealed.

Picked mine up yesterday from HMV reading, they had loads of copies, the border doesn't bother me too much and the artwork is decent i reckon. Good price as well so no complaints from me

That's why I've asked. really, I want to own this movie on Blu Ray, preferably 3D, but this steelbook has no 3d, so the only appeal in my owning this copy is if it's going to be completely unobtainable in the future and I can't see it being out of reach by the price being too high or numbers to low. May not bother with it.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's why I've asked. really, I want to own this movie on Blu Ray, preferably 3D, but this steelbook has no 3d, so the only appeal in my owning this copy is if it's going to be completely unobtainable in the future and I can't see it being out of reach by the price being too high or numbers to low. May not bother with it.

If it's a rare version you want, your better off going for the Best Buy US 3D/2D magno case edition. Very rare and already selling for double it's retail price. Plus far better art. :)

Gotta say - I was pleasantly surprised by the open copy FOPP (still) insist on having on the shop floor, so I demanded and got a sealed one (their last I think - all the rest had been opened and were on the shelves - that really gets me mad). Looks good on the shelf next to the first one. Fair price. Job done.

Reactions: vurt